What's new

Pakistan Constitution should make hijab compulsory: JI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadith are very important to understand Islam. Without Hadith Muslims would not know how to pray. Problem arises from differentiating the authentic from unauthentic ones.

Well, sadly many do not know there is a WHOLE SCIENCE to that...How to tell which is when, which is sahih and which is dhaif and which comes in between and which is by authentic sources!

Usually, if there is more than 1 source, it can be accepted...

But, if you know your religion well, you will know for certain lets say if an imposter brings a hadith claiming you can eat PORK...then you know for certain it is wrong as a sahih Hadith can never go against the Quran!

Tell it to your sister or daughter and wait for your wife to slap you :)

Well I think you did not get the meaning of the word 'sucker'. It means I think girls look the most beautiful/hot while they are in sarees or saree is what brings out the feminine beauty more than any other garment. And no my wife wont slap me for it. :)

No not modernity...I was talking about how tourism had distorted Bali and made it different from what it was supposed to be!

Happens everywhere tourism occurs. But still it represents the ancient strand of Indonesia. This was a rejoinder to your proposition that it looked alien from Indonesia !

I am a bit of both- Pakistani as well as a Malay...I would not let anyone slash either :)

Oh well, **** just hit the roof..:D

Once you declare other as wrong, from then on its a slippery slope.

Why should the wrong be spared ?

Are you provoking an answer according to what you want to hear?

The article allows the shias to practice their religion just not spread it and the answer is given therein! Read...

"has said that Shia Islam represents a threat because ‘fanatical followers of the sect consider other Muslims infidels’."

Well I think you did not get the meaning of the word 'sucker'. It means I think girls look the most beautiful/hot while they are in sarees. And no my wife wont slap me for it. :)

Sorry my bad...But still worrying for a woman like (then again there probably isn't another like me) ;)

Happens everywhere tourism occurs. But still it represents the ancient strand of Indonesia. This was a rejoinder to your proposition that it looked alien from Indonesia !

Well where ever tourism occurs not much of the ancient relics are left...If they want to visit ancient relics they should leave behind their gorapan and adapt to the Asian-ness and EXPERIENCE the ancient stuff ...

Oh well, **** just hit the roof..:D
No harm done! :)

Are you provoking an answer according to what you want to hear?

The article allows the shias to practice their religion just not spread it and the answer is given therein! Read...

"has said that Shia Islam represents a threat because ‘fanatical followers of the sect consider other Muslims infidels’."

You are missing the point.

Raja said it is ok to declare other sect as false until violence is not perperated.

I feel that once you declare the other is wrong, then violence against what you consider wrong/false is just a natural progression.

I feel saying that it is ok to say they are wrong, but should not prosecute is just a very polished politically correct way of saying "I will not care if they are prosecuted".

BTW, the problem is not the girl's stare...Did the guy feel naked by the way she stared? Did she have intentions in her eyes? Can she overpower him?

These are the fears I as a woman have when I am being stared at...Better cautious than sorry! Plus in a backward country like Pakistan if a man attacks you have 2 choice, hope to GOD that everyone in the area had a bad day and were waiting to beat a man up or hope to GOD they actually have the guts to call someone who can help and that you can run faster than BOLT!!

Fisrt of all you cannot overpower anyone just by staring. It also has nothing to do with country is backward or developed. Pakistan is not backward country but its developing country. The main reason of this attitude is

1} There is not free mixing of gender as you observe in western society where peoples having opposite gender as close friends, hang out with each others, understand each others better.

2) Women are also not as brave and confident as you see in western countries . I never seen any boy ever had dare to tease any confident/mature girl..only poor or middle class shy girl are mostly the victim of eve-teasing. Well i am living in london and i have seen that here guys pass very rude and dirty comments on girls but all they do is just laugh and ignore them. Its present in each culture.

You are missing the point.

Raja said it is ok to declare other sect as false until violence is not perperated.

I feel that once you declare the other is wrong, then violence against what you consider wrong/false is just a natural progression.

I feel saying that it is ok to say they are wrong, but should not prosecute is just a very polished politically correct way of saying "I will not care if they are prosecuted".

Well, I know Malaysia very well...

"“Although we keep a very low profile, live in harmony with Sunnis and non-Muslims and practise our religion within our community, we have been persecuted by the authorities for many decades,”

The first part is correct...they live in Harmony..It's just every now and then some Shia jamaat comes and preaches and that is when they are persecuted, not for no reason!

"“In fact, we are not the ones who are spreading our faith. " -No just some jamaat which comes to preach and the locals get persecuted!

"A 1989 Islamic law and a 1996 fatwa by Malaysia’s top Islamic clerics banned Shiism, declaring it a deviant ideology."

Do not actually see any harm there! Deviant ideology- Mind your own business will work well!

"Malaysia has a dual-track legal system, with civil courts running in parallel with Islamic courts where Muslim Malays can be tried on religious and moral charges."

Yea, it's going well soo far! Shariah running along side the civil courts!

I dont agree with you for example if you ask jews they will tell you that Muslim and Christian are wrong. If you ask Christian then they will tell you that Muslim and jews are on wrong path. If you ask Wahhabi he will not say anything positive about shia. If you ask opinion of shai about salafi or deobundi they will tell you that they are evil guys. I mean differences between peoples are not problem because they were existed in past and will exist in future but what i am saying is that you should not kill each others because of these differences and should learn to have patience and tolerance to let others live as they wish even if they are wrong

Fisrt of all you cannot overpower anyone just by staring. It also has nothing to do with country is backward or developed. Pakistan is not backward country but its developing country.

I stated the overpower bit had staring not been the only thing in mind for the starer...Yes, I know what you mean, I am in UK too, remember!

Yes, the culture is ridiculous! But mind you I said South Asian and gave an example of me being in Pakistan as that is the only South Asian country I have been. As for the South Asians staring here- Maybe because you are a man so you do not get stared at ;)

The main reason of this attitude is

1} There is not free mixing of gender as you observe in western society where peoples having opposite gender as close friends, hang out with each others, understand each others better.

O...no that is not the reason...Even children from joint families + co-ed schools do this...its more of a habit/ culture + lack of respect for other women...Stare once at their women and they will want to use your eyes in their next marble game but its fine to stare at other women!

2) Women are also not as brave and confident as you see in western countries . I never seen any boy ever had dare to tease any confident/mature girl..only poor or middle class shy girl are mostly the victim of eve-teasing. Well i am living in london and i have seen that here guys pass very rude and dirty comments on girls but all they do is just laugh and ignore them. Its present in each culture.

Yea, everytime I go to Pakistan, I am told I can't walk alone, I am not allowed to stand at the roof, I can't shop on my own...Dependency is a bad culture! They want women to be dependent and scared of society! Hate that!

We live in Europe and here Hijab isnt compulsory..Yet we see more and more Muslim women choosing to wear Hijab...at least head scarf..Evne the so called liberal ones..
My driving instructor was a Muslim woman who would come in Jeans and normal shirt for my driving lessons but after work she would wear fuul Abaya with propper head scarf...
She used to say that i dont do this to hide from men or that i have issues with my physique (as she was a pretty woman) but i do it as a source of "Sawaab" while i can..as in obeying Sunnah...

On the other hand i have seen women stood outside Awami Markaz Karachi wearing full Burqa with face veil...and then jumping into big cars of total strangers for being taken to some wealthy perverts house for earning money via sex..

So there you go,ther is a limit on how much we can legalize islam..No problem with making it illegal to go out in arousing skimpy dress,and law can be made about dress code as in Public nudity..
But mendatory hijaab will be step too far,and most Ulema wont agree with such law...

But these women are entitled to their opinion and its fine to hold baners in favour of mendatory Hijssb as long as its peaceful

We live in Europe and here Hijab isnt compulsory..Yet we see more and more Muslim women choosing to wear Hijab...at least head scarf..Evne the so called liberal ones..
My driving instructor was a Muslim woman who would come in Jeans and normal shirt for my driving lessons but after work she would wear fuul Abaya with propper head scarf...
She used to say that i dont do this to hide from men or that i have issues with my physique (as she was a pretty woman) but i do it as a source of "Sawaab" while i can..as in obeying Sunnah...

On the other hand i have seen women stood outside Awami Markaz Karachi wearing full Burqa with face veil...and then jumping into big cars of total strangers for being taken to some wealthy perverts house for earning money via sex..

So there you go,ther is a limit on how much we can legalize islam..No problem with making it illegal to go out in arousing skimpy dress,and law can be made about dress code as in Public nudity..
But mendatory hijaab will be step too far,and most Ulema wont agree with such law...

But these women are entitled to their opinion and its fine to hold baners in favour of mendatory Hijssb as long as its peaceful

Well, the women in the west are educated - not all but mostly those who CHOOSE the Hijab...Yet they choose it and are not enforced into it!

Another thing I have noticed is that people LOVE to generalize as well as paint everything with the same colour...Just because some women use the BURQA for wrong doings doesn't justify ANYTHING!

Just that the burqa has no respect and has fallen soo low! In fact NOTHING from women to burqa has much respect in Pakistan! Yet, this is the same country which became the 1st Muslim country to allow a female leader! Which many "SECULAR" countries haven't even ventured into!

Shouldn't be too quick to stereotype and assume...

Besides why one does something - NO ONE knows except for GOD and that person doing it...OTHERS can only assume and not many of those assumptions are true!

The banner clearly says "Hijab is my pride not compulsion" so why make it compulsary on others. If they feel pride in wearing Hijab they can but if they don't want who are you to make it compulsary on them?

Try explaining it to them after 2 decades of radicalization ! :azn:

I stated the overpower bit had staring not been the only thing in mind for the starer...Yes, I know what you mean, I am in UK too, remember!

Yes, the culture is ridiculous! But mind you I said South Asian and gave an example of me being in Pakistan as that is the only South Asian country I have been. As for the South Asians staring here- Maybe because you are a man so you do not get stared at ;)

O...no that is not the reason...Even children from joint families + co-ed schools do this...its more of a habit/ culture + lack of respect for other women...Stare once at their women and they will want to use your eyes in their next marble game but its fine to stare at other peopl'e women!

Yea, everytime I go to Pakistan, I am told I can't walk alone, I am not allowed to stand at the roof, I can't shop on my own...Dependency is a bad culture! They want women to be dependent and scared of society! Hate that!

i was saying that culture of society where pre-martial relationship with opposite gender still taboo will be different than western societies where such things are considered perfectly fine. Having friendship with opposite gender is not issue for any man living in west but it is in countries like Pakistan that's why you see their attitude is different than those live in western countries. Another point is most of them who have such activities are free guys neither working nor studying and have plenty of time to chase woman on streets while here everyone is so busy in work or or in other activities that hardly find time for such constructive things :P

Talon we have double standard in many things. I mean you will see guys can smoke in Pakistan no problem at all..but if a girl smoke in public then she will be considered as she is some sort of prostitute or bad girl. Similarly you will see many cases where women got killed because of honour killing but you will never see a man got killed by his father or brother because he slept with woman and bring shame for family..no only girl bring shame to family when we all know that punishment of any sin in Islam is same for both man or woman. Its really sad. When we talk about Islamic country then first thing which should come in our mind is to have safety of wealth, honour and life of its citizens.

I remember this Afghan guy who had polish gf and they were living together under one roof and seen him many times on road having his hands on the shoulder of his gf wearing mini skirt then after some years i have seen the same Afghan guy went Pakistan, married with pashttun young girl, brought her here and asked her to wear full veil and next time i have seen him walking with his wife in full veil. She was even walking behind him lol He was insecure that if his wife dont wear veil then everyone will look at her with lusty eyes the way he used to have lusty eyes on polish or other girls. It was his personal insecurities which let him ask her wife for niqab. thats how most of us use Islam for our own convenience which is sad.

I dont agree with you for example if you ask jews they will tell you that Muslim and Christian are wrong. If you ask Christian then they will tell you that Muslim and jews are on wrong path. If you ask Wahhabi he will not say anything positive about shia. If you ask opinion of shai about salafi or deobundi they will tell you that they are evil guys. I mean differences between peoples are not problem because they were existed in past and will exist in future but what i am saying is that you should not kill each others because of these differences and should learn to have patience and tolerance to let others live as they wish even if they are wrong

Dude the point is simple - once you start seeing other's people's beliefs, sects etc as wrong, physical violence is just a natural progression. I consider judging others as false, wrong as mental violence which leads to physical violence as the next phase.

Really? Which books did you read? How to be an ignorant? I am sure it will help you reach miles!

I studied in an all-gilrs catholic school run by nuns but nowhere did they suppress my religion are doing! In fact we were even given 1 period of Islamiat...

What does a " modern " recently invented Hijab looks like for starters ? :azn: Is it the same head covering that the Quran talks about or something more ? In fact just like the rest of Allah's orders it is too intensely exaggerated to suit personal agendas and leading to extremism ! Context is important , something people do not bother to look or research Islam themselves and blindly trust the " considered divine " words of a Mullah just like these ladies are doing ! Written on their banners are the words " Hijab is my choice , not compulsion " however they are led to believe that they should make it a compulsion on others !

Mate , I didn't say that my school forbade or suppressed Islamic education in fact followers of both religions were taught their respective religion , I just said that I shouldn't have been that close and curious to Islam than the rest who studied in Madarsas or single sex schools ( I was more close to gender mixing and other stuff than the rest of my lot ) and still understood its essence ! Out of context , didn't you just take it now ? :D

If you like something in the religion , follow it but why attempt to enforce it on the others too !

Dude the point is simple - once you start seeing other's people's beliefs, sects etc as wrong, physical violence is just a natural progression. I consider judging others as false, wrong as mental violence which leads to physical violence as the next phase.

I don't agree with you. I consider present christianity, hinduism, Jusdiam, as wrong beliefs but i dont go and kill them and it dont give me any mental violence if they practice/follow their beliefs . I can debate, i can argue with them but i will never use violence or force to convert them or hurt them because they dont agree with me

If some people consider all beliefs as right/equal and valid then why they feel the need to stick with their belief and not chose others. Use your logic and common sense. I am sunni muslim because i dont approve the beliefs of shia and that is also true for shia and thsoe who follow different sects..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom