What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

Few days ago, I posted a video , which claims that the deal for J 10 are done , they would be arriving in Pakistan in near future.

I was asked not to post such videos. But now some members are suggesting that the deal is done for J 10, let's hope so.
Please do not post immature videos; with youtube, any idiot is aggregating and multiplying false and irrelevant threads;

I hope no one has missed the HQ-9 (or a S-300??) here, the TEL at the front surely isnt a HQ-16! :)

1608669029663.png

The signature 4 tubed carrier (as shown below) is either a new aquisition or just a bait structure to simulate an adversary asset (See @ 1:10).

1608669546028.png

The TEL though seems to be a Russian one as shown below.

1608669902308.png
1608670039044.png

Last edited:
I hope no one has missed the HQ-9 (or a S-300??) here, the TEL at the front surely isnt a HQ-16! :)

View attachment 699024

The signature 4 tubed carrier (as shown below) is either a new aquisition or just a bait structure to simulate an adversary asset (See @ 1:10).

View attachment 699026

The TEL though seems to be a Russian one as shown below.

View attachment 699027 View attachment 699028
give credit to video editor of this video for additional clips, these are the clips from Chinese exercise in China if you watch the video again you will notice one of the S-400 radar as well

give credit to video editor of this video for additional clips, these are the clips from Chinese exercise in China if you watch the video again you will notice one of the S-400 radar as well
Ah yeah, thanks for picking on that one, I noticed the 91N6E Big Bird as well and was wondering how it went unnoticed. Long live the editors, they just gave me a sec. of ecstasy! o_O

Chinese jets can act as aggressor squadron. J-10C can simulate Rafale while J-11B can simulate Su-30MKI. PAF should consider making this exercise a bi-annual event and rotate different units.

As for J-11 in PAF, I don't see it happening. However, I do see the possibility of an electronic warfare variant of J-16 for PAF in the future, like the EA-18G Growler.

Pak Air Chief lauds Chinese

Pak Air Chief lauds Chinese Military Aviation’s potential in modern warfare

The Frontier Post
December 22, 2020

ISLAMABAD: On Tuesday, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Mujhahid Anwar Khan remarked that the Chinese Military Aviation Technology was at par with contemporary requirements and had full capacity to meet the challenges of modern warfare.

The PAF Press release stated that the Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Marshal Mujhahid Anwar Khan had a flight on an air superiority sortie in a Hi-Tech Chinese fighter aircraft during ongoing exercise Shaheen IX.

It should be noted that the joint Air Exercise Shaheen IX that begin from on Dec 09, 2020 has now entered its last phase.

On the occasion he also praised the professionalism of Peoples Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) pilots. The Air Chief also lauded the outstanding air combat skills of PLAAF pilots are reflective of robust and modern combat training program of PLAAF.

Additionally, during his address he expressed his pleasure over the conduct of the exercise; the Air Chief was of the opinion that it was heartening to see the two Air Forces inter-operating across a wide spectrum of airpower employment options.

While addressing the ceremony, Air Chief also commented that in contemporary times competition in the air domain centers not only around mastery of technology, but also on its artful application in both strategy and tactics, the press release cited.

PAF press release also quoted Air Chief adding that he said Shaheen series of exercises will go a long way in enhancing the professional skills and operational preparedness of both the Air Forces in addition to developing mutual understanding of each other’s combat skills and promoting inter-operability.

PAK-CHINA INTERNATIONAL AIR EXERCISE SHAHEEN-IX CONCLUDED WITH A RESOLVE TO JOINTLY COPE WITH SHARED SECURITY CHALLANGES

24 December, 2020: The Pak-China Joint Air Exercise “Shaheen-IX” culminated at an Operational Air Base of PAF.

Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force, was the chief guest at the closing ceremony.

Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan, H.E. Mr. Nong Rong, also attended the ceremony as guest of honour.

The ceremony commenced with playing of national anthems of both countries.

Expressing his views at the occasion, H.E. Mr. Nong Rong said, "International and regional strategic situation is undergoing profound changes with growing complexity in security environment. This calls for the collaboration of our two countries and two armed forces in maintaining peace and stability and to cope with various challenges". He also added that both Air Forces have achieved many breakthroughs and new heights in diversified battlefield environment during this exercise.

Addressing the Exercise participants, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan said that
the existing global security scenario coupled with the evolving dynamics of air warfare, called for enhanced partnership between Pakistan and China as indeed beyween our Armed Forces. He further added that It was heartening that with every passing year, Pakistan-China friendship became stronger and stronger. He also said that CPEC was a game changer and manifestation of our common objectives and destiny.”

The Air Chief also expressed his gratitude to General Ding Laihang, Commander PLAAF for sending a large contingent to participate in the exercise despite Covid-19 pandemic.

The Exercise Shaheen IX witnessed participation of modern fighter jets and support elements from PAF and PLAAF.

PAF regularly participates in similar operational exercises both inland and abroad to remain abreast of challenges and response strategies in contemporary threat environment.

10th round of Shaheen Exercise is scheduled to take place in China, next year.

PAF SPOKESPERSON

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom