What's new

Pakistan - Bangladesh reunion

every Indian Muslim should offer a special, public prayer of thanks to the Almighty Allah for His extraordinary benevolence - for the mercy He had shown by preventing us from ending up in Pakistan in 1947. The suggestion was received with startled amusement, instinctive applause and a palpable sense of sheer relief.

Too bad, 3000+ Indian Muslims from Gujarat will not be able to offer these prayers, while countless others are mired in poverty due to institutionalized prejudice and discrimination. As an aside, it always amuses me how Indian Muslims have to be extra-patriotic, as if they are forever under a cloud of suspicion and must continually prove their loyalty to India.

On the topic of whether Pakistanis and Indians are the same, the argument is flawed on both sides. The fact is that India does not have a monolithic cultural identity, only a political identity, and even that political identity has only existed for brief, isolated periods during its 5000 year old history. South Indians have almost nothing in common with North Indians, except their passport. How, then, can anyone claim that Pakistanis are "Indians"?

Sure we share a lot of culture with North India, but Pakistani culture is much more than India-redux. We embody a unique blend of North Indian/Hindu and Arab, Muslim, Persian, Pushtu, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Baloch and Sindhi cultures. It would be ridiculous to diminish or deny the influence of any of these elements into our culture.

Last edited:
oh please, keep that BS to yourself! Get rid of that caste system in your own country first!

Absolutely, when we are split on caste lines into many nations and then we are discussing reuniting those nations, surely that comment will be useful.

On topic, please understand many pakistani punjabis DO consider themselves racially superior, hence so many comments on the net calling indians / bangladeshis by skin color height etc. Why on this very forum there are comments on how dark and short ajmal kasab is and hence can't be a pakistani :lol:

Face the reality dude, that will be the first step in correcting it.

I dont want to offend any
member.But i have a wish like most of 170 million Pakistanis to unite with Bengladesh
.Cant it happen?
In england it happened,Germany it happened and there are lots of other examples why not here?
But i think the main reasons that need to be adressed and there solutions:
1)Pm or president should be from bengladesh state?
2 capitals Islamabad and Dhaka
2)east pakistani pm or president should stay in islamabad and west should stay in dhaka
3)Army of east pakistan should not be disbanded but uniform of all army from east and west should be changed to a new patern
4)Autonomy given to bengladesh
5)BAF should be upgraded and modernised with JF17s with latest wetern upgrades and new jets like FC-20 should be stationed in bengladesh under PAF wing of bengladesh
6)Alkhalid,saad,Ifvs and others should be given to BA to modernise it(Under supervision of COAS of PAK ARMY who should be from bengladesh or pakistan and should be chosen by entire army.
7)Upgrade of navy....we would have more ports and more ships...
8)New ordinance factories in east pakistan.....both heavy and light
9)PAC and Kamra should open new complexes in dhaka or chitagong
10)Everything should be shared with every state on population and other bases.
11)Begladesh should keep its flag if it want(as a state flag) just like in usa or england states have there own flags.
very late even if it was proposed just after liberation then may be some kind of possibility after we heal our wound of 1971.
but now we are a successful country like you we all can just improbe our brotherly relation but reunion is weird dream :wave:
12)Let by gone be by gones respect should be given to every soldier who sacrificed his life on both side may he be from bengal or pakistan.
Can it work?

first of all you want a re union with a country but you cannot spell it !!!was it mistake or just same old disrespect for us ?

Personally I do not believe that the Yanks can afford much more military and other aid to Pakistan than what they have so far been dishing out. I accordingly suggest that you ask Uncle Sam first before you start having any more dreams of enlargening your country :D

Too bad, 3000+ Indian Muslims from Gujarat will not be able to offer these prayers, while countless others are mired in poverty due to institutionalized prejudice and discrimination. As an aside, it always amuses me how Indian Muslims have to be extra-patriotic, as if they are forever under a cloud of suspicion and must continually prove their loyalty to India.

On the topic of whether Pakistanis and Indians are the same, the argument is flawed on both sides. The fact is that India does not have a monolithic cultural identity, only a political identity, and even that political identity has only existed for brief, isolated periods during its 5000 year old history. South Indians have almost nothing in common with North Indians, except their passport. How, then, can anyone claim that Pakistanis are "Indians"?

Sure we share a lot of culture with North India, but Pakistani culture is much more than India-redux. We embody a unique blend of North Indian/Hindu and Arab, Muslim, Persian, Pushtu, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Baloch and Sindhi cultures. It would be ridiculous to diminish or deny the influence of any of these elements into our culture.

Not true!! I can only laugh at your ignorance, I am a South Indian and some of my best friends are from North India and trust me we have a LOT more in common than just passports. AR Rahaman (from south) is famous in north as Tendulkar is in South.

Personally I do not believe that the Yanks can afford much more military and other aid to Pakistan than what they have so far been dishing out. I accordingly suggest that you ask Uncle Sam first before you start having any more dreams of enlargening your country :D

same goes to you with the Russians (former soviets)

Most Pakistanis are not interested with "re-unification"....We are perfectly content with the resource-rich and geographically diverse land that we have now. Allah SWT has been kind to us.

We would hope for greater econonmic and defence related cooperation with them. I personally have my eyes more on Central Asia emerging market countries like Tajik/Ozbaigstan, Kyrgyzstan, etc. -- all of which are land-locked countries and would benefit greatly from our highways/ports (Afghanistan already does).

3 compulsory things to make this possible:

-reformed labour laws

-easier business environment (e.g. 'costs' involved in registering companies should be reduced)

-Law & Order

this is what we are/should focus on. To me, talking about "khilafaat" or "re-unification" is the biggest waste of time. Who knows about the future; but for now, let's just look at NOW. We need to adopt a strictly Pakistan-centric approach, and people are realizing this in the country. Especially the newer generations.

:pakistan:

same goes to you with the former soviets......

Most Pakistanis are not interested with "re-unification"....We are perfectly content with the resource-rich and geographically diverse land that we have now. Allah SWT has been kind to us.

We would hope for greater econonmic and defence related cooperation with them. I personally have my eyes more on Central Asia emerging market countries like Tajik/Ozbaigstan, Kyrgyzstan, etc. -- all of which are land-locked countries and would benefit greatly from our highways/ports.

3 compulsory things to make this possible:

-reformed labour laws

-easier business environment (e.g. costs involved in registering companies should be reduced)

-Law & Order

this is what we are/should focus on. To me, talking about "khilafaat" or "re-unification" is the biggest waste of time. Who knows about the future; but for now, let's just look at NOW.

:pakistan:

Hmm the Ruskies never controlled us

On a serious note , I admire your outlook. Sounds very similar to what the Indian economic fundis are doing . Looking at avenues of growth including Bangladesh and moving towards them. Pakistan is indeed structured with well developed ports and transport infrastructure. Pictures of Karachi which were shown to me by my Pakistani friends here in Africa reminds me of the port of Durban in South Africa which serves as a receiving depot for most sub saharan nations including Botswana. If Pakistan can only start working enthusiastically on its economy and its infrastracture strengths then its economic future will definately shine. The domestic changes you mentioned can only come about once there is stability and the government is focusing on economic issues of growth etc. But merging with Bangladesh is not viable for its practical growth. Instead closer economic ties with Bangladesh (and hopefully India in the future) will result in an economical powerhouse in the form of the sub continent

unfavourable law & order situation is the only real impediment at this time; along with power supply-demand gap.

we can also gain from tourism, but now i am thinking Pakistan only. As far as Central Asia is concerned, they need to also undertake massive reforms --especially super-closed countries like Ozbaigstan --which I have personally ascertained that they bullshit a lot of their economic statistic figures

Bangladesh problem is massive corruption (desi phenomenon) and beauracracy. People are educated, and un/semi skilled labour is cheap. We have a lot to gain from eachother; so far our bi-lateral trade is only about $1b (in our favour) --most cooperation we have with them is defence-related. We need to build on that.

Reunion???????? For what, what they will gain. They don't want Urdu and you don't like Bengla. Their traditions, culture and everything is so different.

And most importantly, Can't u digest their progress, peace and stability?

If you want to pose as their friend then leave them as they are and see their progress and respect their independence.

Reunion???????? For what, what they will gain. They don't want Urdu and you don't like Bengla. Their traditions, culture and everything is so different.

can't argue with that.....

kind of like how one Mr. Thakeray doesn't want non-Marathi speaking indian immigrant workers in his 'turf' :woot:

And most importantly, Can't u digest their progress, peace and stability?

where was it implied that we were NOT. They are still our brothers/sisters, despite a tumultuous past. People born after 71 have a different perspective on things; we accepted the result long ago. It seems some indians could still never digest our blessed and well-earned partition from hindustan.

If you want to pose as their friend then leave them as they are and see their progress and respect their independence.

'pose?' :rolleyes:

I don't see Pakistan having made any provacative outward actions towards Bangladesh. Our relations are cordial. Actually it is some religious parties in Bangladesh who are talking about re-unification with Pakistan.

It seems your (hindustany) ties with them are a bit more strained; especially along the restive West Bengal region. There are some bangalia elements in hindustan and bangladesh calling for Bangali re-unification -- i.e. seperation from india and the creation of a greater Bangladesh.

Not true!! I can only laugh at your ignorance, I am a South Indian and some of my best friends are from North India and trust me we have a LOT more in common than just passports. AR Rahaman (from south) is famous in north as Tendulkar is in South.

Sure. By that logic, India and Australia are the same country because they both share a love of cricket. And India and Kuwait are the same country because Bollywood movies are popular over there.

Face it, there are precious few cultural similarities between Bihar and Tamil Nadu. The food is different, the language is different, the history is mostly different, the traditions are different.

There are more cultural similarities between north India and Pakistan than there are between north and south India.

Sure. By that logic, India and Australia are the same country because they both share a love of cricket. And India and Kuwait are the same country because Bollywood movies are popular over there.

Face it, there are precious few cultural similarities between Bihar and Tamil Nadu. The food is different, the language is different, the history is mostly different, the traditions are different.

There are more cultural similarities between north India and Pakistan than there are between north and south India.

Mate you dont know the meaning of "Unity in diversity". Even in South India you can easily identify a malayalee from a Tamil in different ways. The culture, language, way of dressing etc of Tamil and a malayalee is so different. Still they are proud of being an Indian. India's diversity has always been recognized as a source of its strength. A malayalee and a Tamil felt the same pain and anger in his mind when the recent Pune tragedy occurred. May be you people wont understand that feeling because hate tear people apart and love brings them together. And people who hate themselves cant love others.

This point is not worth discussing until and unless the issue is raised by Bangladeshi members. Than it can be discussed. It is what they want that is important since they shall be reuniting with Pakistan.

i can just laugh at some ignorant comments made by our pakitani frnds

i can assure u onething tey dont have the faintest of idea about wat india is all about in real

for example i am an north indian living in south india(chennai) for 23 years
now when i go back to north i miss chennai so much tat i wanna comeback as soon as possible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom