What's new

Pakistan-A real market for the Mirage 2000-9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^This is not a TuAF vs. EAF thread boys.

Last edited:
you think the europeans will sell there equipment to pakistan? the netherlands held the biggest force of F-16s they got rid of half of them about 100, i'm sure our side made an offer yet they told us to go to hell, the norwegians will say the same thing. the best hope PAF have is the egyptians who currently have the biggest fleet 240 f-16s, Indonesia/Maylasia, jordanians and turkey.
AFAIK a stated problem with RNdAF was that their jets operated extensively over the sea, causing greater depreciation of machines. Plus they regularly manipulated their air assets for various purposes which also led to an accelerated downhill of air frame.

ADA F-16s will be used for 'conversion' on F-16s. It would mean that all MLU would go to 'active service'.

We only have 32 MLUS to spare. And not enough money to acquire 32 F-16s yet nor is the US in any hurry to do so.

We only have 32 MLUS to spare. And not enough money to acquire 32 F-16s yet nor is the US in any hurry to do so.

In all honesty, I have admit that I'm against taking the Mirage 2000-9 route in favor of the 18 new optional F-16s which were a part of the original contract signed back a few years ago.

But of course, both platforms would be wonderful to have in PAF arsenal.

In all honesty, I have admit that I'm against taking the Mirage 2000-9 route in favor of the 18 new optional F-16s which were a part of the original contract signed back a few years ago.

But of course, both platforms would be wonderful to have in PAF arsenal.

Goodluck on the upkeep of M2K-9s. 9s will punch a hole through the budget.

Goodluck on the upkeep of M2K-9s. 9s will punch a hole through the budget.

This was said about the Mirage 3s and 5s some years ago. But look where we are. There are 2 things which I believe will go in Pakistan's favour:

1. The AWC's Mirage Rebuild Factory
2. The presence of many PAF and Pakistani personnel in the UAEAF.

This was said about the Mirage 3s and 5s some years ago. But look where we are. There are 2 things which I believe will go in Pakistan's favour:

1. The AWC's Mirage Rebuild Factory
2. The presence of many PAF and Pakistani personnel in the UAEAF.

1. 3 and 5 are a different ballgame to 9. A whole another GENERATION in fighter lineage. This means costs will run multiple folds.
2. They have been drastically cut down, nobody substantial is in the UAEAF.

If these come on very favorable terms, could be kept minimally active with pilots staying current on simulators and a different aircraft, much like Israel uses F16s to keep f15 pilots current. Use Ft7s or twin seater JF17s, leave the m2k9 for war

If these come on very favorable terms, could be kept minimally active with pilots staying current on simulators and a different aircraft, much like Israel uses F16s to keep f15 pilots current. Use Ft7s or twin seater JF17s, leave the m2k9 for war
No can do!!. Planes need pilots to get used to them and know their ins and outs, hi and lo points and best use envelope for them to be effective. You would need to fly them and fly them hard to learn in 2-3 yrs where your adversary is after 20 yrs of owning the same platform. It dont make sense to me.
I think people who think M2K9s upkeep would be easy because of the MRF are being unrealistic. The two birds are a world apart and where as some experience can be utilised. I think most of the factory would have to be retooled and have to learn how to look after this plane. If at all, one could delay block 3 by a yr and develop the necessary facilities in house with 2/3 additional hardpoints an AESA radar built in / podded FLIRand IRSTextended range . These should all be possible without breaking the bank.
Araz

That argument is bunk because Pal pilots on deputation have had a long experience with these birds both as pilots and technicians. So the "hard drive phase" can be significantly cut short.

Nobody serious here has made any claims about the M III / V having amy similarity.

That argument is bunk because Pal pilots on deputation have had a long experience with these birds both as pilots and technicians. So the "hard drive phase" can be significantly cut short.
To the best of my knowledge that is no longer the case and the PAF contingent( at least the pilots)are no longer there in enough numbers to matter. I think for development of tactics you will certainly need an induction/ acclimatisation period for PAF which may be quite long. How long canbe debated .I for one would not know with any certainty.
Araz

Why some people here think that M2k9 is better then F-16 50/52+ in strike capabilities, kind can someone compare both birds thoroughly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom