What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

The Data Cartridge also contains authorization codes for a number of systems, only some of which switch to default operation with reduced abilities. Others flat out do not work without it.

I believe that is what he mentioned.

Okay, i understand how the data entry works etc, but how would the US know if a part is being opened up unauthorised? Like does some unit communicate via radio? If so, where is it embedded? If not in the APG68 module or computer, then can one just open that up?

DeD i believe is now a flash memory rather than the old magnetic ones?

Ah, now you are venturing into the classified domain. We are not going there.

so in that case it will be equivalent to a dead horse, its performance would be equivalent to 3 generation AC ..... ??

It is still a horse, and it has no kill switch.

so in that case it will be equivalent to a dead horse, its performance would be equivalent to 3 generation AC ..... ??

In terms of being able to have this data
hsd_osbs.jpg

With the Sam warning circles, the waypoints.. it will not have those.

Ah, now you are venturing into the classified domain. We are not going there.

Point is. And Pakistanis(as seen vividly here) have a reactionary fit on it which is part denial and part apologetic.. is that the aircraft sitting at Jacobabad are under CCTV at all times. To get to the base area where the aircraft are kept and maintained, you have these systems.
business-access-control-closeup-keycard.png

And without going into anything further or deeper. If someone prys open any system without the Lockmart rep sign off or via remote access control.. A bleep will go off in a computer somewhere in the US and a phone will ring at the AHQ, the Base and at US Def Attaché.

Point is. And Pakistanis(as seen vividly here) have a reactionary fit on it which is part denial and part apologetic.. is that the aircraft sitting at Jacobabad are under CCTV at all times. To get to the base area where the aircraft are kept and maintained, you have these systems.
View attachment 157392

And without going into anything further or deeper. If someone prys open any system without the Lockmart rep sign off or via remote access control.. A bleep will go off in a computer somewhere in the US and a phone will ring at the AHQ, the Base and at US Def Attaché.

This is the first system, but there are others layers to control access to subsystems within the aircraft too. Like you said, there is no need to go any deeper.

Yes, just do not call anything a kill switch. :D

No where did i mention 'kill switch' because that is something i precisely understand.

I merely asked, how would the US know if particular part was opened. There cannot be CCTVs in every nook and corner.......and for USA to be alerted to unauthorised access, there must be a system built in that can record and communicate a breach. It would be possible in a number of ways:
The F-16 computers and systems are built as modules and connected to each other via cables. They are Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) which is a pretty standard aviation design technique. It is this LRU (shoe box shape enclosure) within which electronics are housed. Whether is the computer for the APG68 radar or the DB110 pod. So how does that particular unit communicate that it was opened?

1-It has its own internal power source to power an inbuilt sensor that then communicates information via a RF transmitter. But that RF transmitter would be very small, and hence limited in range. So anyone watching it must be within that range.
2-It records the breach and the next time DeD is inserted, it writes this on the DeD anonymously, which can then be read via systems that the US defense attache might have.

So do you have an explanation?

View attachment 157392

That is a pretty simple and standard system used in corporate world as well to record who goes where. We had those for my dorm access as well. The ID of the person shows up on the central computer who swipes, even if the door opens or not.

Now, there is no limit to how many times PAF guys can go in or out, right?

In terms of being able to have this data
View attachment 157388

With the Sam warning circles, the waypoints.. it will not have those.

& what about BVR engagement, further without the coordinates of the targets the Air to ground operation would be limited to dumb bombs only .....

No where did i mention 'kill switch' because that is something i precisely understand.

I merely asked, how would the US know if particular part was opened. There cannot be CCTVs in every nook and corner.......and for USA to be alerted to unauthorised access, there must be a system built in that can record and communicate a breach. It would be possible in a number of ways:
The F-16 computers and systems are built as modules and connected to each other via cables. They are Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) which is a pretty standard aviation design technique. It is this LRU (shoe box shape enclosure) within which electronics are housed. Whether is the computer for the APG68 radar or the DB110 pod. So how does that particular unit communicate that it was opened?

1-It has its own internal power source to power an inbuilt sensor that then communicates information via a RF transmitter. But that RF transmitter would be very small, and hence limited in range. So anyone watching it must be within that range.
2-It records the breach and the next time DeD is inserted, it writes this on the DeD anonymously, which can then be read via systems that the US defense attache might have.

Again, these are all opsec things that are best left unsaid.

What can be said that the newer F-16s all come with the MMC(Modular Mission Computer) that replaces a lot of the LRUs.

As I said before Sir, there is no need to venture into classified territory. Suffice to say, USA would know about any unauthorized access.

& what about BVR engagement, further without the coordinates of the targets the Air to ground operation would be limited to dumb bums only .....

So what? The plane will still fly according to the commands of the pilot, always.

Back
Top Bottom