What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Via Pak Def. Pakistan wants eight F-16 Block-52+ aircrafts, 3 OHP frigates and requested the sale of AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters to replace the AH-1F/S Cobras. I was told the same thing by a PAF source a few months ago. Is it likely that Pakistan will exercise the option for the total 18 extra F-16s or buy more surplus ones from the US ?

Great news....while Coas in US, it could be true for WoT needs.

If a Northrop Grumman AN/APG-80 AESA (Sabre Upgrade) or Raytheon's APG-79 AESA radar, a Super Viper, similar to F-16 Block 60 would make more sense?

Plus: General Electric F110-132A engine with 143 kN full afterburning thrust with FADEC Controls and Advanced all-color glass cockpit.

It will give a significant boost to our capabilities.

PakDef Forums doesnot tell us that this is actually subject to 'Congress Approval' and USMC requirement is first met.

It will give a significant boost to our capabilities.

PakDef Forums doesnot tell us that this is actually subject to 'Congress Approval' and USMC requirement is first met.?

Slave mentality continues. Doesn't Pakistan know that anything they get from USA is sanction prone and comes with strings attatched?
Why not spend same money to buy sanctions/strings free chinese or Russian stuff or make more JF-17s.

And cobra AH-1Z will effectively finish off MI-35 / 28 procurement and put us back into the claws of USA firmly.

aaaye lmao some of us think we shouldn't be selling anything to Pakistan :bounce:

Pakistan is clearly a Chinese ally and are in their claws.

so why should we sell top of the line F-16s and our newest Super Cobra so China can analyze them???

we have to be crazy to continue selling to Pakistan and still think India is going to turn a blind eye to it.

cut off selling military equipment and military aid, but I'm fine with continuing economical and humanitarian assistance to Pakistan though :usflag::coffee:

Slave mentality continues. Doesn't Pakistan know that anything they get from USA is sanction prone and comes with strings attatched?
Why not spend same money to buy sanctions/strings free chinese or Russian stuff or make more JF-17s.

And cobra AH-1Z will effectively finish off MI-35 / 28 procurement and put us back into the claws of USA firmly.

AH-1Z IF cleared for sale, would replace our cobras. The Mi-35E deal has already been signed. The deliveries will begin early next year. The Mi-35 is not a replacement for the Cobras. Its for Special Operations Forces.

aaaye lmao some of us think we shouldn't be selling anything to Pakistan :bounce:

Pakistan is clearly a Chinese ally and they hold massive weight on Pakistan

so why should we sell top of the line F-16s and our newest Super Cobra so China can analyze them???

we have to be crazy to continue selling to Pakistan and still think India is going to turn a blind eye to it.

cut off military selling military equipment and military aid, but I'm fine with economical and humanitarian assistance to Pakistan though :usflag::coffee:

Can you specify which US systems China has 'analyzed' through Pakistan so far?

Can you specify which US systems China has 'analyzed' through Pakistan so far?

and how am I suppose to prove it??? it's clearly speculation on my part.
but they would defiantly be snooping around the AH-1Z if we sold it to Pakistan since the USMC is the only who use it.

and F-16 be around forever so it's not like they can get any more info out of it that the Soviets haven't already.

AH-1Z IF cleared for sale, would replace our cobras. The Mi-35E deal has already been signed. The deliveries will begin early next year. The Mi-35 is not a replacement for the Cobras. Its for Special Operations Forces.

Exactly right, the Mi35E will be with our Spec Ops forces, and will be used in that way, by both them and LCB, they would have also a conventional role against india, with Spec Ops.

Hasn't Pakistan asked for the the AH-1Z in the past and been denied?

A devastatingly handsome (and lethal) beast:

AH-1Z_L2.jpg

I always wonder why the PA didn't request the AH-64 though. The AH-1Z makes sense for the USMC but surely the AH-64D/E would be far more suited for the PA?

and how am I suppose to prove it??? it's clearly speculation on my part.
but they would defiantly be snooping around the AH-1Z if we sold it to Pakistan since the USMC is the only who use it.

Both of them are speculation. Pakistan knows that the US won't like its equipment being looked at by the Chinese military etc. There is no such thing happening from Pakistani side. On the other hand Israel has sold major projects totally or partially funded by the US to China. I,e Lavi, Patriot technology, Apache's software, Python missiles and F-15's engines among other things.

Hasn't Pakistan asked for the the AH-1Z in the past and been denied?

A devastatingly handsome (and lethal) beast:
I always wonder why the PA didn't request the AH-64 though. The AH-1Z makes sense for the USMC but surely the AH-64D/E would be far more suited for the PA?

AH-64D are too expensive for Pakistan. It seems that Pakistan has renewed its interest for sale of the AH-1Z.

AH-64D are too expensive for Pakistan. It seems that Pakistan has renewed its interest for sale of the AH-1Z.
The unit cost of a (new build) AH-1Z is around $30m and for a AH-64E around $40m (maybe a bit more, the unit cost of the E is unknown to date), not too much in it really.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom