What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Please be kind enough to tell me what exactly does the defence minister means
when he calls US unreliable
in the context of this news of more F 16 s demanded by Pakistan
Just ignore he doesn't mean anything even if it meant anything. Most of us here just passed the news which it's not, it a well known fact.

Last edited:
Pakistan is Non NATO Ally
The USA and CHINA Relations was Established through Pakistan
Pakistan is using Russian RD-93 Engines in JF-17
Pakistan is buying Russain Gunship MI-35
The All USA sanctions against Pakistan were failed
Pakistan were successful in nuclear program defeating all US sanctions
Pakistan have very unique geopolitical situation in the region us can't afford Pakistan importance
America will always be dependent on Pakistan for Afghan problem
India is only a big market for Amircan goods.
U are right sir... America can't afford to lose pak cuz of its geopolitical location

It also needs a specific engine management module.

Management modules are easier to install than structural modifications.

That was the whole point in bringing BLK15 upto BLK52 standard in the MLUs.......you can replace the LRU as they are designed for upgradation. Intakes, engine housing, fuel tanks, etc not so much.

hey indian guys tell me what about the LCA project............???
It's advancing slowly bt there still is time until it hits production ... It's engine is being tested...by the mk1 is inferior to the jf 17...after all jf 17 is an old tested aircraft

Management modules are easier to install than structural modifications.

That was the whole point in bringing BLK15 upto BLK52 standard in the MLUs.......you can replace the LRU as they are designed for upgradation. Intakes, engine housing, fuel tanks, etc not so much.

The only limiting factor is cost and cost-effectiveness, but you are correct that major structural changes are far more difficult than electronics/software changes.

The only limiting factor is cost and cost-effectiveness, but you are correct that major structural changes are far more difficult than electronics/software changes.

yes, and GE engine offers more thrust but also more fuel consumption. PW is very much fine.

yes, and GE engine offers more thrust but also more fuel consumption. PW is very much fine.
229 is best given that we are had support structure and PW was selected over GE after competition for mlu program and new ones

You are exploring Only Frustration and Failure
Yes the West and the US always invest according to their national Interests and policies for specific situations , Pakistan have the long experience from CENTO and SEATO, ignorance after Afghan war, and present war against terrorism knows the facts that what we can gain from the net of their rules and regulations, amendments & sanctions.
are you not aware what we snatched from the compulsion of US ? and what is the importance of Pakistan ? have you any shit sense ? are you forgetting the Pakistani success in adversity turmoil issues of No Access of US to Dr. Khan during nuclear proliferation issue, O.B Laden presence in Pakistan issue and Pakistan defeats all this dangerous situation no UN sanctions no western boycott. after May, 1998 nuclear test Pakistan was successful winner against all US & UN sanctions
According to your Cowardly cry ! where is your US master's shit bombing ? When Pakistan's Gwadar port has handed over to China.

Sir.
Your masterly diatribe took me a few hours to understand. I salute your intelligence and now realize why we are in the mess that we are in. More power to you and long live ignorance!!! I was just born yesterday to not be aware of what is happening in Pakistan and you with your supreme intellect have made me realize how little I know about the workings of a jingoistic brain. So I will gladly acknowledge that I cant stoop to your intellect to answer you.
Araz

Lol, in the end I am only wondering about how did you got that thing "Senior Moderator" around your neck...?

Unless you have anything of actual substance to contribute, there is no more petty talk left to be said here.

Hmm, just curious, how does the APG68 unit communicate the un-authorised access? There must be some RF transmitter in there.....but it would be limited by range...a problem that all radios suffer from. What if you put it in inside a Faraday cage where there are no CCTVs?

The APG-68 does not manage the electronics onboard the F-16. There is a computer on board which interfaces with the weapons control chipset(which was previously a complete system on its own in the Block 15) .I believe This also takes input from the Data Entry Cartridge system(which contains mission codes, weapons coordinates and so on).. The DeD also has codes(or keys) which are referenced with a pre stored set of keys(or decryption algorithms) which then allows the data to be uploaded onto the F-16. If these keys are not correct, the data will not be uploaded onto the F-16. The Aircraft may still fly, fire its weapons...but mission data will not exist in it. So the aircraft will not have a set of waypoints, coordinates of targets..and mission specific data for the electronic warfare system It may also make the deployment of the JDAM a very difficult task.

Again, this is NOT a kill switch. The aircraft will still fly and the pilot can still be told to fly a certain heading, or he can do it the old way via a clock and map. He may still search for and attack air targets at will. But his ECM system will then operate on a "default" setting with basic preloaded information and not specific and optimized to the mission.

@Oscar

When is an official announcement expected

This news item is however a pessimistic statement by Pakistan's defence minister Today

Washington not a reliable friend: Asif - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

No information or timeline given. Off course it could come after the new US Defence Secretary comes in. Until it shows up here
There is nothing Home Page | The Official Home of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency unless the US president himself issues an executive order to release the weapons. With both US houses under republican control, it is now unlikely he can take that action.

The Defence ministers statement is just a reflection of the Pakistani Establishment's move to the east.

The APG-68 does not manage the electronics onboard the F-16. There is a computer on board which interfaces with the weapons control chipset(which was previously a complete system on its own in the Block 15) .I believe This also takes input from the Data Entry Cartridge system(which contains mission codes, weapons coordinates and so on).. The DeD also has codes(or keys) which are referenced with a pre stored set of keys(or decryption algorithms) which then allows the data to be uploaded onto the F-16. If these keys are not correct, the data will not be uploaded onto the F-16. The Aircraft may still fly, fire its weapons...but mission data will not exist in it. So the aircraft will not have a set of waypoints, coordinates of targets..and mission specific data for the electronic warfare system It may also make the deployment of the JDAM a very difficult task.

Again, this is NOT a kill switch. The aircraft will still fly and the pilot can still be told to fly a certain heading, or he can do it the old way via a clock and map. He may still search for and attack air targets at will. But his ECM system will then operate on a "default" setting with basic preloaded information and not specific and optimized to the mission.

The Data Cartridge also contains authorization codes for a number of systems, only some of which switch to default operation with reduced abilities. Others flat out do not work without it.

so in that case it will be equivalent to a dead horse, its performance would be equivalent to 3 generation AC ..... ??

Okay, i understand how the data entry works etc, but how would the US know if a part is being opened up unauthorised? Like does some unit communicate via radio? If so, where is it embedded? If not in the APG68 module or computer, then can one just open that up?

DeD i believe is now a flash memory rather than the old magnetic ones?

Back
Top Bottom