What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

They already have scratched their "grimy paws" on block 52+ along with PW f100 229 EEP & even SNIPER XR pods. I hope it's not too much to digest.

What an odd statement to make. Considering that no grimy paws other than what is vetted by the US get near the Block-52s. There are electronic access cards along with constant CCTV monitoring that ensures that NO unauthorized access to the aircraft or its associated equipment takes place. The Authorization comes via the US Defence Attaché here, so I wonder.. where did you get the idea that ANY paws(grimy, furry, shave or otherwise) made it near without the Americans knowing about it.

I was not referring to Egyptian's physical condition, in other way I was, Their jets came with lesser fuel capacity than other airforces' same block models so they can't go to even zionist occupied Palestine, jews have their source codes, they surely are bugged and I don't know if they are wired for all the weapons we have.
are you sure aim-120d is for sale?

I did not say whether it is for sale or not. PAF should negotiate. Look down shoot down radars on F-16s weren't allowed so was AIM120. But then PAF negotiated with US. Egypt still doesn't have aim120.

And wiring is not an issue, since codes are digital now.

The 60s may be offered later, but not likely for quite a while yet. It is not just a matter of money, but the overall balance in the region.
JF-17s will get AESA soon....maybe PAF can retrofit AESA on F-16s then?

Only that there is slightly more in there compared to what is advertised. These aircraft are very capable of penetrating a possible EW environment they would encounter to deliver their ordnance on target.

Compared to single seat C version?

I was trying hard to find specifics on which extras they have, seems like there is no concrete source.

@Oscar what is different in GE-110 and PW 100?

The way the engine is laid out, its maintenance.. its parts.. pretty much a lot. The GE engine delivers more power(although the PW 229 bridges that gap mostly) but is more maintenance intensive, prone to compressor stalls and gulps a little more fuel.

F-16 blocks preceding the block 30 CANNOT take the engine.

Yes the officials gave wrong figures in official interviews so that we can win arguments on PDF... Grow up.

U need to grow up,,,the brochure contains other vital info apart from just the range...............all that is needed to make any valid comparison.

Range alone does not make 2 radars comparable.

i know that ... but i was to know the capabilities of blk 60 compare to Rafale ..
Desert Falcon is a beast of a single engine fighter but rafale has its own pros. One interesting thing is that UAE turned down rafale because they didn't think it was advance enough for them

JF-17s will get AESA soon....maybe PAF can retrofit AESA on F-16s then?

The PAF F-16s are sealed tight. I do not think upgrading the radar in the manner you describe is going to be feasible for Pakistan.

U need to grow up,,,the brochure contains other vital info apart from just the range...............all that is needed to make any valid comparison.

Range alone does not make 2 radars comparable.

Yes and no. Some brochures are pathetic in terms of details. Some important aspects as range, modes, simultaneous track and engagement, etc are all known for klj-7/ klj-7v2 from the interviews.

Back
Top Bottom