What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Why doesn't Pakistan acquire F-16 Block-60 :what:
getting only 8 F16 BLK60 would be foolish, because then you have part of your fleet which is not comparable to the rest. Either go all out with BLK60 or stick with BLK52.

getting only 8 F16 BLK60 would be foolish, because then you have part of your fleet which is not comparable to the rest. Either go all out with BLK60 or stick with BLK52.

Block 60 aircraft are not on offer at all, so there is no "either" here.

Block 60 aircraft are not on offer at all, so there is no "either" here.

Don't know why they wouldn't be on offer, since if PAF got the cash they could get it. Royalties must be paid to UAE since it was their specific design, but if PAF had cash, it would get those. But then again, having only 8 BLK60s makes no sense.

Better get AIM9X for the current f-16s or the new versions of AIM120.

Block 60 is not on offer to pakistan,,at least not yet.

Cheap inductions can make that possible. We can source parts from USA/Turkey. Remember the Mirage III/V Pakistan picked from around the world?

Libyan Mirages were a gone case, but some of them were put into service.

If we want to increase the F-16 fleet, then new build is expensive, old ones allow us to replace the Mirage/F-7 units quickly. Because JF-17 blk 2 deliveries will take at least 4 more years to complete. We can have Superior weapons today. that is what matters the most.
F-16blk15 MLU or AM/BM versions that are MLU-ed, offer more payload than Jf-17s in any case. I'd rather have a 6 ton payload than a 4 ton.
I was not referring to Egyptian's physical condition, in other way I was, Their jets came with lesser fuel capacity than other airforces' same block models so they can't go to even zionist occupied Palestine, jews have their source codes, they surely are bugged and I don't know if they are wired for all the weapons we have.
are you sure aim-120d is for sale?

Watch out, Storm Force is back with his expert analysis.

that storm Force is one of the most desperate guy i encounter on PDF .. members like these are good for PDF :)
thoda comedy se Dil laga rehta hai yaar "

Don't know why they wouldn't be on offer, since if PAF got the cash they could get it. Royalties must be paid to UAE since it was their specific design, but if PAF had cash, it would get those. But then again, having only 8 BLK60s makes no sense.

Better get AIM9X for the current f-16s or the new versions of AIM120.

The 60s may be offered later, but not likely for quite a while yet. It is not just a matter of money, but the overall balance in the region.

One question: If used F-16s are not available in market, will it be possible and better to go for M2K9 or may be new or old Mig-29s or Mig-35D??

how much they will cost as compared to new and old F-16s?

@Oscar

Any details what extra electronics do the BLK 52 'D' carry in the spine?

Only that there is slightly more in there compared to what is advertised. These aircraft are very capable of penetrating a possible EW environment they would encounter to deliver their ordnance on target.

Back
Top Bottom