What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Yes and no. Some brochures are pathetic in terms of details. Some important aspects as range, modes, simultaneous track and engagement, etc are all known for klj-7/ klj-7v2 from the interviews.

They may not be authentic but are far more credible than interviews,i hope u agree.

Compared to single seat C version?

I was trying hard to find specifics on which extras they have, seems like there is no concrete source.
I am keen to know your source of information about D's EW abilities.
I did not say whether it is for sale or not. PAF should negotiate. Look down shoot down radars on F-16s weren't allowed so was AIM120. But then PAF negotiated with US. Egypt still doesn't have aim120.

And wiring is not an issue, since codes are digital now.
By wiring I meant that whether their older frames have integrations for all weapons. And in the end, ball comes in the court of U.S whether they approve the sale or not.

Yes and no. Some brochures are pathetic in terms of details. Some important aspects as range, modes, simultaneous track and engagement, etc are all known for klj-7/ klj-7v2 from the interviews.
Just write him what you know from interviews

Just write him what you know from interviews

Yaar it's all in the JF-17 info pool. The guy needs to read it plus watch YangWei's (chief designer) presentation in Dubai air show. If all that is not authentic enough then I don't know what is.

Does it give power?aspect angle?noise levels?etc etc?

No. But first decide. Is your argument based on missing info or credibility of the source because you are running between the two. If it's missing info then the comparison I made was quite loose and still stands with whatever info is available. Unless of course I had said that in specific terms that both are exact equals.

No. But first decide. Is your argument based on missing info or credibility because you are running between the two.

Don't evade my question,,the brochure i gave give details about everything.Your source talks about only the range of radars so we just cannot make a valid comparison.

For all i know klj-7 v2 may be better than both zhuk me and apg-68v9:D

We simply lack the means to know as hard sources for both klj and apg are not available.;)

Don't evade my question,,the brochure i gave give details about everything.Your source talks about only the range of radars so we just cannot make a valid comparison.

For all i know klj-7 v2 may be better than both zhuk me and apg-68v9:D

We simply lack the means to know as hard sources for both klj and apg are not available.;)

Talks of range, modes, simultaneous tracks, simultaneous engagement, etc. As I said my comparison was quite loose putting them in same class which still stands even with the missing info you pointed to. I am not evading the question. You are changing your argument between missing info and credibility of the source.

Compared to single seat C version?

I was trying hard to find specifics on which extras they have, seems like there is no concrete source.

You wont. But I remember a conversation I had with someone involved in the first Peace Gate transaction. Those F-16s back then had something "extra" added as well compared to what was available to know for the public. These things happen all the time though, certain equipment is tweaked or added according to the customers needs.

What would be difficult for many to understand is that the US government sans their congress would be ok with us having a few silver bullets against our neighbour.Its just their attempt at balancing their foreign policy and ensuring the balance they want within the region.

Talks of range, modes, simultaneous tracks, simultaneous engagement. As I said my comparison was quite loose putting them in same class which still stands even with the missing info you pointed to.

The zhuk me and apg-68 are probably the worst radars in russia and usa respectively still arming many modern f-16's and mig-29k(both russia and india).

So its possible klj has similar performance,nothing to be shocked at.

The zhuk me and apg-68 are probably the worst radars in russia and usa respectively still arming many modern f-16's and mig-29k(both russia and india).

So its possible klj has similar performance,nothing to be shocked at.

Thanks for finally agreeing in your own way.

Talks of range, modes, simultaneous tracks, simultaneous engagement, etc. As I said my comparison was quite loose putting them in same class which still stands even with the missing info you pointed to. I am not evading the question. You are changing your argument between missing info and credibility of the source.
keeping in mind the chinese way of doing things, klj might have evolved from Russian technology, then what can we say about them

And that is likely how it will remain for a long time. There is still a "Iron Curtain" mentality at play here which refuses to show at least 60% of the hand to attract attention. In many cases the "Horse's Mouth" are also pretty vague on this.

So if asked, they would usually give the answer "Equal to the APG-68 in Air modes".. or "Equivalent to AIM-120C".
At that point you are either surprised that its that good and happy to know that much.. and the same time left wondering how would that be possible especially since you know very little. I mean you think of Antenna size, power.. etc etc... and are left scratching your head.

Back
Top Bottom