What's new

PAF JF-17 Shoots Down UAV from Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time it took a single Pakistani soldier to bring down the Indian drone.
However it's a different capability when an aircraft travelling several hundred MPH can detect and shoot down an object that small.
its more difficult. almost impossible for fast moving aircraft to shoot down a drone flying too slow.

Wrong. This is what started it all:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-7.427560/page-165#post-9585516

Since military people on this forum are confirming it easily, if Dawn can't get a handle on it, they are either incompetent, or biased.
Yet still no ISPR confirmation. Perhaps the military and government themselves have asked the major media houses to not report on it.

After all, the same media houses never hold back on reports of Iranian cross-border incursions or mortar attacks, so why hold back on this?

why we not shoot down u.s drones with same courage
Is it worth the trouble that will follow? They are assassinating militants and terrorists from our soil - makes our job easier. Win-Win situation for both.

Our priorities are counter-terrorism operations, safe-guarding our borders from major threats in the vicinity and economic development.

look it up, genius, no proof of that which never happened you know? no talk shows on shia takfiri matmi procession burning down raja bazar masjid, no tv shows and shouting matches over iran harboring terrorists. you are the one who supports shia takfiri terrorist cells like zainabiyoon, and yet blaming me for stating facts?
its Ramadan brother.. control yourself

chill down. you are Mohammadi be Mohammadi .
ctriticise dont insult. object but dont hate. set an example following the Sunnat of Muhammad PHBUH and His followers RA

what you just wrote is down right objectionable and cant be defended.

They are just as worrying as the Saudi funded Sunni takfiri terrorists running around killing notable Shia Muftis and Ulema.

Again, sources?

So essentially you have no credible evidence or sources to back up your claims, as I asked, and continue to just spread sectarian hatred based on the sectarian hatred driven mama bhanja anecdotes, correct?
hi
its funny how downing of a drone has taken a sectarian angle
never happened when we engaged with Afghan forces or when Arab brothers blockaded fellow Arab Qatar.

now I know better that drones and missiles also become wahabified or ayatualled when they enther our forum

so many PDF members who used to declare Deobandi/Wahabis as takfiris and khairjis are above reproach? Those who branded Deobandi ulema as terrorists, and claimed that all molvis should be killed and all mosques demolished in the past are above reproach? was any sort of action taken against them?

Yes, I second this. Hate is spewed at religious thought and religiousness on this forum and no one bats an eyelid. @S.Y.A posts something slightly critical and multiple senior members are at him. Biasedness, the very limit of biasedness.

hi
its funny how downing of a drone has taken a sectarian angle
never happened when we engaged with Afghan forces or when Arab brothers blockaded fellow Arab Qatar.

now I know better that drones and missiles also become wahabified or ayatualled when they enther our forum
Sir,

Any discussion involving Saudi Arabia and Iran turns into a sectarian slug-fest after some posts because some members cannot restrain themselves from pulling the ZIONIST card and such.

Friends here are requested to keep discussion intact to the subject under the view of strategic and defence Readiness as well as foreign affairs. Kindly avoid painting the same with any sect based job but it is more about downing the intruding drone and defences of border. Also, would be appreciated to carry on the discussion on the subject of foreign affairs and strategic issues.

Thanks

Before all this secterain shit-storm happens in this thread and a bunch of lonely kids take over the thread, i say this for the cool-headed members then i'm out.

since 1-crossborder derailment is very common in neighboring countries
2-the operator knew very well that they are being spotted
3-Iran had no hostile intent towards pakistan

this was by all means a very nasty measure taken by Pakistan.

i hope negotiations can solve the problems at hand but i doubt this move can be just washed away.

peace
You shell our border villages .. we tolerated it.
You kill our civilians .. we tolerateed it.
You sent our troops into our territory.. we handed them over to you.
Now you send UAVs?

What would have been next? Cross border raids ?

Maybe this will make our top brass think again.

We didn't join Yemen war.
We remained neutral on Syria.
We even remained neutral on anti Iran coalition.

Your General threaten us. We remain quiet.

As for cross border movement of terrorism .. it's a two way street.. the same twats also attack us..

We even forget about our crime kingpins having Iranian passports.. or even indians using your soil against us... maybe Iran didn't know.. okay.

But ..

Do you think we should simply let you walk over us? Not very friendly.

No, you are lying. No mosque was burnt down by any terrorists. That was an unfortunate clash between ordinary citizens, instigated by Imam Masjid's Hate Speech

And you insulted an entire sect by calling 'Tazia Jaloos' (highly revered among Shia Muslims) a "takfiri matmi" procession
a clash that burned down a Masjid, if you are comfortable denying the incident outright then fine by me. Still burning a Masjid, a house of God, is still terrorism and act of takfiris, and whosoever burned it down, I termed them as terrorists and takfiris

why we not shoot down u.s drones with same courage
hmm good question
let me answer this valid question wth another question

why Khadim Hermain sherfain dance with a US president who is known to be worse Muslim hater ever
why not instead of helping fellow Muslims they blockade Qatar and bomb Yemanis?

now to your valid question

answer is we have to wargame it to its conclusion.. if we are prepared for the consequences ? shoot down a drone that is attacking ISIS or Taliban? whats the genius in that? they (US) are thee first ones who engaged TTP inside Afghanistan soon after the APS massacre look it up if you have the stomach to go through the news events after that tragedy.

what we want we want to achieve and what can happen
its the decision of leadership and secondly why would we shoot down American drone that is targeting terrorists? they are doing the job for us. and why would we shoot them down when we are signatory and partners in the war against terrorism?

now any other country doesnt have such advantage so if Iran or Afghanistan or India will try to copy America then there will be a different result

Last edited:
hmm good question
let me answer this valid question wth another question

why Khadim Hermain sherfain dance with a US president who is known to be worse Muslim hater ever
why not instead of helping fellow Muslims they blockade Qatar and bomb Yemanis?

now to your valid question

answer is we have to wargame it to its conclusion.. if we are prepared for the consequences ? shoot down a drone that is attacking ISIS or Taliban? whats the genius in that? they are thee first ones who engaged TTP inside Afghanistan soon after the APS massacre look it up if you have the stomach to go through the news events after that tragedy.

what we want we want to achieve and what can happen
its the decision of leadership and secondly why would we shoot down American drone that is targeting terrorists? they are doing the job for us. and why would we shoot them down when we are signatory and partners in the war against terrorism?

now any other country doesnt have such advantage so if Iran or Afghanistan or India will try to copy America then there will be a different result
Precisely.

Beautifully stated.

" with impunity " was the key in my last response. You bombing us, we bombing you no matter who suffers more is still a matter of respect for both parties.

I wont waste my time searching for Atlantique pic or many others over the internet.
You seem to miss out on the psyche of the post, while both parties may bomb each other on daily basis, the video shows a Pakistani drone flying ''With Impunity'' over Indian territory monitoring the Pakistani artillery fire.
And how does shooting down an unarmed aircraft size of an airliner with supersonic jets fits the bill.
Going by your logic, there's an IA chopper mounted on display in Gilgit.

Nope for that we have enough sympathisers and people in power who are closely tied to Iran.

Something's missing from the news i guess or even misreported.

Did ISPR say anything?
it was yesterday's incident and as in another thread i already mentioned the name of the pilot Sqr Ldr Zeeshan of 2Sqn. who did it at about 10pm.

so you can say :D i got info from aliens.
my net was not working and from mobile i find it difficult to post threads in correct section so i did not post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom