What's new

PAF JF-17 Shoots Down UAV from Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many PDF members who used to declare Deobandi/Wahabis as takfiris and khairjis are above reproach? Those who branded Deobandi ulema as terrorists, and claimed that all molvis should be killed and all mosques demolished in the past are above reproach? was any sort of action taken against them?
Not all Deobandi/Wahabi's are takfiris or terrorists - generalizations and stereotypes should be discouraged everywhere. However, there is no denying the FACTS that the overwhelming majority of terrorism in Pakistan and the hundreds of billions of dollars in economic losses and tens of thousands dead over the last decade are the result of terrorists whose ideology can be traced to the Saudis and Saudi funded institutions.

Iran is no Saint, and their arrogant attitude towards Pakistan p***** me off as much as anyone, but they have not inflicted anywhere close to the damage on Pakistan that the Saudis have, directly and indirectly. When it comes to coverage of a threat/threats to the nation, it stands to reason that the focus should be on the threat/threats that are the most significant and dangerous, and Iran is simply not on that list at the moment.

Despite claim by Iranian members, this isn't about Pakistan's alliance with the GCC or our concerns with regards to Iran in any way. This incident is a simple case of a flagrant violation of the territorial sovereignty of Pakistan and was responded to appropriately.
Terrorism or no terrorism, entering Pakistan's airspace without consultation with the government is an act of aggression. The same would stand for any other country in any other part of the world too. That is not how sovereign states function.
I would be prepared to accept that the drone was perhaps monitoring the border for cross-border movement but that end is usually met by flying 5 to 8km inland rather than 45km across the border.
This is no small margin of error and members asking for a heads-up should be aware that the pilot had 45km worth of heads up, this wasn't by accident or error, this was by design and will only serve to deteriorate fragile relations between Pakistan and Iran.
I must point out at this juncture that Pakistan remains perhaps the only Muslim country exercising neutrality in the KSA-Iran split and measures such as this will only push the country towards the Saudi camp which would obviously come at the expense of relations with Iran. Not an ideal situation for us and definitely not an ideal situation for Iran.

@Icarus Really? negative rating? on a post that is stating facts?

Not stating facts but derailing the thread and engaging in sectarian diatribe. If you are unsatisfied with my judgement, you may appeal against the rating.

@Icarusmaybe you too don't like people posting stuff that goes against iran?

Yes, everyone who doesn't share you myopic views on sectarianism is sympathetic to Iran. Everyone who disagrees with you is an "Iranian Pithoo" as you so eloquently put it earlier in the thread.
Please wait while I go and find an Iranian ATM to draw my Iranian Salary from, for subverting your brave attempts to damage their national strength, I am sure they will send me a bonus.

@Horus @WebMaster the thread's been cleaned but I've left it locked until one of you can take a look at it and decide if it should be opened. I leave it to your sound judgement.

Last edited:
Not stating facts but derailing the thread and engaging in sectarian diatribe. If you are unsatisfied with my judgement, you may appeal against the rating.

Yes, everyone who doesn't share you myopic views on sectarianism is sympathetic to Iran. Everyone who disagrees with you is an "Iranian Pithoo" as you so eloquently put it earlier in the thread.
Please wait while I go and find an Iranian ATM to draw my Iranian Salary from, for subverting your brave attempts to damage their national strength, I am sure they will send me a bonus.

@Horus @WebMaster the thread's been cleaned but I've left it locked until one of you can take a look at it and decide if it should be opened. I leave it to your sound judgement.

I second your decision and your rating. unfortunately this thread has gone a silly sectarian argument which has nothing to do with a report of a drone getting shot down inside Pakistan.
I tried a diplomatic and a softer approach but it didnt have any effect.

Sectarian angle will lead you towards complete ban for long period of time regardless of this fact that you are a title holder or not.
Amen to that

Story now being carried by more notable media outlets, no comment on the matter by ISPR yet.

Iranian drone allegedly on spying mission shot down 'deep inside' Balochistan

An unmanned Iranian drone allegedly on a spying mission was shot down by a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) JF-17 Thunder fighter jet in Balochistan's Panjgur area, official sources confirmed to DawnNews on Tuesday.

The officials said the unmanned aircraft was shot down by a JF-17 in the Parom area of Panjgur district after it ventured "deep inside Pakistani airspace" on a spying mission.

They spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to speak to media.

Security forces took custody of the debris after discovering the wreckage on Monday, but it is still unclear when the drone was shot down.

Security was tightened in the area following the incident. The PAF has declined to comment on the matter.

This is the second Iranian drone to have been reported shot down in 24 hours after US-coalition forces confirmed that they had downed an Iranian-made drone operated by pro-regime forces in southern Syria early Tuesday.

Iran's army chief recently warned that Tehran would strike 'militant safe havens' inside Pakistan ─ remarks that drew a strong protest from Islamabad ─ after 10 Iranian border guards were killed by militants allegedly from across the border earlier this year.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1340703/i...ing-mission-shot-down-deep-inside-balochistan

Iranians need to understand that Pakistan had to shoot the drone, it ventured deep inside our territory.If Iran had done the same to any Pakistani drone if it went deep inside their territory i would not have any problem with that as it is a matter of sovereignty.

Pakistan shot down Iranian Drone, intruding in our space

DCvdD9eWsAAJzjP.jpg

DCvdD9eXYAA3nB7.jpg

">

">

MORE DETAILS:
https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/headline/paf-jet-shoots-down-iranian-spy-drone-in-balochistan/
If you do that than do it against everyone not just like picking and choosing take us drones down otherwise i say u don't have guts

Gentlemen,
There was a news flashed that "Irani drone was shot by Pakistan for intruding space" and after that I was disgusted to see third class, childish sectarian angle dragged as analysis.
When we induct members as title holders we expect maturity and sanity from them.Imagine, you are writing an anti-shia or sunni post and imagine some 16 years old boy reading up this thread- what are you exposing him to? I just conducted the survey I a week before and some boys and girls of less then 20 age groups visit this thread as well.Imagine that instead of directing them towards harmony among sects, promoting extremism.If he ends up becoming a part of extremism then you will be held accountable in front of Allah(SWT) on day of resurrection. As title holder and senior member it is your responsibility to be careful with the content you are posting hence utilizing your bandwidth for good.GOP has loads of responsibilities which includes not only maintaining interfaith harmony but assuring safeguards to minorities as well.By "exposing" and representing such kind of analysis you are fueling terrorism and sectarian disputes hence your contribution is destructive and harmful.
Now on topic, I believe that Iran has insecurity with Pakistan's relationship with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan needs to bring on dialogue of trust as well as prevention of such incident in future.
Believe me, Pakistani foreign office needs to have a word with them on trust deficiency.Iran must also be discussed with effective intelligence sharing to bring down and to respond to illegal/potential activities for enhanced safety.
Regards

This is what i got.

"
*Iranian UAV shot down by JF-17 yesterday....

Pilot from 2 sqn shot down a uav near panjgoor, news Confimred.
He is the second UAV killer in the history of Pakistan.
First was gp capt zulfiqar from F16.
It's a good lesson for many, that UAVs could be brought down.
Importantly, it's first kill of JF17.

@Windjammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom