What's new

PAF JF-17 Shoots Down UAV from Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are being sectarian. Its bad but its not as ridiculous as you make it out to be
I wish it wasn't..... I am the least sectarian here because I consider myself 'just' Muslim, without the Shia or Sunni or any other tag. I hate sectarianism, be it sunni or shia version. I was only stating facts, and I know because I have many shia friends, and I know where they stand!

I have no issues with Shias following their own version of Islam. They are my brothers, as long as they do not hurt my country!

the last time Iran army attack India , its become nightmare for you ... NADIR SHAH
What's your point??? When Nadir Shah attacked the Muslim powers were in extreme decline!!!! What made you wait for 1000 years??? In the meantime the other folks coming all the way from the Central Asia or Afghanistan were conquering India as if there were no tomorrows!!!! Of course they had Persian brides!!!!

Few years ago a smaller and earlier version of Shahed UCAV crash landed very near to pakistani border in balochistan. There were pics too. There are known UCAV/UAV coastal bases at Jask, Jakigur and konarak near pak border. All indications show how much surveillance is being done by IRGC on the eastern borders. S-129 MALE UCAV as a product has matured up by operational service in Syria and Iraq, may be its being used too.

This incident was no small thing but for some reason pak side has so far down played the incident. I was expecting protest, summoning of iranian ambassador atleast. pak version of events used the words like it was shot down because it was unmarked, this implies that had it been marked in iranian flag so it would not have been shot down ?

Iranians,

Refrain from discussing anything other than technical aspects of military hardware. This is not our forum where we can speak freely. All of us would get banned if we open our mouths in response. My advise would be to just stay technical and that's it.

Few years ago a smaller and earlier version of Shahed UCAV crash landed very near to pakistani border in balochistan. There were pics too. There are known UCAV/UAV coastal bases at Jask, Jakigur and konarak near pak border. All indications show how much surveillance is being done by IRGC on the eastern borders. S-129 MALE UCAV as a product has matured up by operational service in Syria and Iraq, may be its being used too.

This incident was no small thing but for some reason pak side has so far down played the incident. I was expecting protest, summoning of iranian ambassador atleast. pak version of events used the words like it was shot down because it was unmarked, this implies that had it been marked in iranian flag so it would not have been shot down ?

Iranians,

Refrain from discussing anything other than technical aspects of military hardware. This is not our forum where we can speak freely. All of us would get banned if we open our mouths in response. My advise would be to just stay technical and that's it.

My guess is that either:

Iran was pushing boundaries to see what it could get away with and Pak military drew a line with this response.

The Iranian Ambassador met the Pak Army chief couple of days ago to discuss this very issue and calm growing tensions.

A big deal is not being made by either side as both are hoping not to let this further deteriorate fragile ties.

OR

The drone entered Pak airspace genuinely by mistake or/and after recovering it's onboard surveillance equipment Pak military realised that the Iranians were not up to anything nefarious.

Did it use Bvr or short range missiles ?
Drones are pretty simple targets...due to slow speed and almost static mission profile and no combat capabilities and thus BVR will be an overkill and wastage of precious money.

My guess is that either:

Iran was pushing boundaries to see what it could get away with and Pak military drew a line with this response.

The Iranian Ambassador met the Pak Army chief couple of days ago to discuss this very issue and calm growing tensions.

A big deal is not being made by either side as both are hoping not to let this further deteriorate fragile ties.

OR

The drone entered Pak airspace genuinely by mistake or/and after recovering it's onboard surveillance equipment Pak military realised that the Iranians were not up to anything nefarious.

This most probably was a small surveillance vehicle which got a bit diverted and crossed into other balochistan side. Guardian Corps aerospace force operates operationally tested MALE UCAV's too, if spying was the motive, they could have sent a bigger bogey (S-129 or Fotros) at 20000-25000 ft with more sensors, larger optical recce equipment and with lots more margin to run back into Iranian territory. They also operate a jet powered high speed Karrar (900 kph +) which can dash back very quickly after capturing recce visuals. I am not saying they can't be shot down, they just have better spying equipment and survival chances than a small vehicle that was actually shot down. So my own prediction is that it was an operational error at most.

OR

IRGC could be upto something else, I am not a member so I dont know.

Which is why millions of dollars worth of dual use and defense equipment goes from Europe to Iran. Dubai is literred with stuff heading to Iran which is bought (and sold) under the pretext of ending up someplace else.

Duel use equipment on a UAV that Iran would need to buy are Camera's nothing more!

The ROTAX engines are for Aircraft it is used by the US earlier export versions of the MQ-1 & the Isreali Heron NOT Iran's Shahed-129!
It's Propellers are again from another NATO member NOT Iran again not a duel use part!

All the components shown so far seem to be from NATO countries this is NOT an Iranian Drone! You can live in your little delusion that wont change the facts!

And yes Iran may have been able to get it's hands on handful of UAV components from NATO countries to build prototypes and reverse engineer the parts BUT not enough to use to mass produce as Iran is doing!

Iran produces all types of UAV engines at home from Trubojet engines to micro jet engines to various types of small UAV engines and same with the propellers in fact there are many companies in Iran that do that and there are many pictures online for you to see!

Duel use equipment on a UAV that Iran would need to buy are Camera's nothing more!

The ROTAX engines are for Aircraft it is used by the US earlier export versions of the MQ-1 & the Isreali Heron NOT Iran's Shahed-129!
It's Propellers are again from another NATO member NOT Iran again not a duel use part!

All the components shown so far seem to be from NATO countries this is NOT an Iranian Drone! You can live in your little delusion that wont change the facts!

And yes Iran may have been able to get it's hands on handful of UAV components from NATO countries to build prototypes and reverse engineer the parts BUT not enough to use to mass produce as Iran is doing!

Iran produces all types of UAV engines at home from Trubojet engines to micro jet engines to various types of small UAV engines and same with the propellers in fact there are many companies in Iran that do that and there are many pictures online for you to see!
If it all was available in Iran then there wouldn't be hundreds of Iranian "businessmen" running around in Dubai trying to source equipment from Europe and the US under the guise of selling to another country

well , shooting an slow UAV is not great feat by all mean ...
We r not boasting about it as a great feat. It is rather a message..."don't violate our airspace". I can see from ur posts that u r interested in meaningless chest thumping and jingoism. But all the PDF jingoism aside, Pak actually doesn't want hostilities with Iran. If we cannot be on the best of terms then at the very least we can each mind our own business and not interfere with each other.

Neither Pakistan nor Iran can afford to have more enemies than they already have. Whatever hate u r spewing here, I hope it's not the mindset of the vast majority of Iranians.

We r not boasting about it as a great feat. It is rather a message..."don't violate our airspace". I can see from ur posts that u r interested in meaningless chest thumping and jingoism. But all the PDF jingoism aside, Pak actually doesn't want hostilities with Iran. If we cannot be on the best of terms then at the very least we can each mind our own business and not interfere with each other.

Neither Pakistan nor Iran can afford to have more enemies than they already have. Whatever hate u r spewing here, I hope it's not the mindset of the vast majority of Iranians.

well , it was your countrymen who become so exited .... and act like they are super power ....

well , it was your countrymen who become so exited .... and act like they are super power ....
Why does Iran intend to make more enemies when it has no shortage of existing ones and who are waiting for the right moment to strike?

For most of them...the excitement stems from the fact that it looks like Pak is finally stepping up and being assertive...
Time and again Afghanistan pokes Pak in various ways...and Pak for the most part does nothing just to appease and not ruin relations. Some Pakistanis r not ok with such inaction but with this recent incident, it seems that Pak is finally standing up for herself. The excitement most likely stems from that...nothing against Iran(in general).

For most of them...the excitement stems from the fact that it looks like Pak is finally stepping up and being assertive...
Time and again Afghanistan pokes Pak in various ways...and Pak for the most part does nothing just to appease and not ruin relations. Some Pakistanis r not ok with such inaction but with this recent incident, it seems that Pak is finally standing up for herself. The excitement most likely stems from that...nothing against Iran(in general).

well , after each terrorist attack from Pakistan to our soil and border guards , Iranians are losing patient .... you can't don't control your border and in same time ask us to just sit in our border and just wait for more terrorist attacks ...

No AWACS was used. The GCI was guiding the pilot and was picked up by another place not Karachi. The response was from Karachi. Take my word. I don't want to go into too much details. That JF 17 waited for F 14 to show up because it was loaded in air to air mode and also went into .... for about ... min , to see if there is another one or something else will show up, but the other side decided not to engage JF17 because they felt PAF is in serious mood and they don't want to be headline news of khaleej times.
I know that location exactly actually partial paf leadership was not happy with its deployment there but due to 2 men's decision gambel has finally paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom