What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

1662921777756.png

I've never liked the hunch back bulge of the J-10, makes it look squat and disproportioned, unlike the clean lines of the Viper. An outcome of having to adapt the AL-31 series engines for a single engine fighter design.
As their first modern fighter they had to start somewhere; in that way it reminds me of the SAAB Viggen. They got better and made the J-20, but like you said a design based on the consideration that they had to fit the Al-31 into the airframe.

Considering it partially ended the F-16 saga for the PAF, its a decent plane all things considered.

Hi, is there any review from PAF pilots regarding J-10CP capability? I want to read it :)

Not saying you're lying, but how reliable is this information? Because some members have been talking about the WS-10B engine being used.
I dont visit regularly. What is your question about ? Lylka engines or AECC engines. If your question is with ref to AECC engines, the answer is yes, they r all based on Lylka engines upto all preturbine stages & chinese need russian permission.

@messiach
Ma'am. Aap kay muh mein ghee shakar!! Just to confirm, are you saying ToT for production of Al-31 in Pakistan from raw materials or higher depot level maintenance? If its the former that ought to be the best news in a long time. Thank you for sharing!
We are not manufacturing aero-engines. Russians have agreed with china to transfer Lylka based technology to foreign customers eg malaysia, pakistan. Engine manufacturing is a different level. Too late for us now. Miltary mind and technical mind operate at different levels. Personally i am not happy with J10 in our colors.

We are not manufacturing aero-engines. Russians have agreed with china to transfer Lylka based technology to foreign customers eg malaysia, pakistan. Engine manufacturing is a different level. Too late for us now. Miltary mind and technical mind operate at different levels. Personally i am not happy with J10 in our colors.
Why not happy with j10 in paf?

I really don't understand why are you still claiming such BS!? :hitwall: :crazy:

In addition to local assembly of AESA, J10 comes with AL-31 ToT. We are looking towards a greater russian input in our NGFA program.

Really!? :what: Once you have been such a valuable contributor, credible, reliable and honest ... and why now this? :blink:

Not saying you're lying, but how reliable is this information? Because some members have been talking about the WS-10B engine being used.

Yes, plain and simple, she is lying!
And not "some members have been talking about the WS-10B engine being used", it is simply a fact.
Anyone who denies that these are WS-10B engines and even more spreads such BS, these would be AL-31 is either plain stupid and stubborn or a troll who deliberately spreads lies!

This is a WS-10B, there's nothing to deny anymore.

1663489102636.png

I really don't understand why are you still claiming such BS!? :hitwall: :crazy:

Really!? :what: Once you have been such a valuable contributor, credible, reliable and honest ... and why now this? :blink:

Yes, plain and simple, she is lying!
And not "some members have been talking about the WS-10B engine being used", it is simply a fact.
Anyone who denies that these are WS-10B engines and even more spreads such BS, these would be AL-31 is either plain stupid and stubborn or a troll who deliberately spreads lies!

This is a WS-10B, there's nothing to deny anymore.

View attachment 880528
Not even sure why such misinformation is being tolerated, regardless of the members background.

Not even sure why such misinformation is being tolerated, regardless of the members background.

In fact I have no understanding for this! Telling nothing since you know more but you aren't allowed to tell more is fine and no-one questions this, but deliberately spreading lies against all proven fact is simply dishonorable and mendacious.

By the way, here's a similar Tweet like the one mentioned above:

So finally, it can be revealed officially even if there won't be much fanfare this time due to the floods? Any more news about that one in green-grey? I heard those four delivered are again all grey only!

Last edited:
I've never liked the hunch back bulge of the J-10, makes it look squat and disproportioned, unlike the clean lines of the Viper. An outcome of having to adapt the AL-31 series engines for a single engine fighter design.
J-10's aerodynamics are different to F-16, and are similar to Eurofighter and Rafale. Such canard designs are inherently unstable, and require their flight computer to keep them stable.This instability is useful to attain enhanced maneuverability, this might also be the reason for the shape.

Back
Top Bottom