What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Nope, those for the J-10 series are located further aft directly behind that strange one but usually covered: IMO it is just an exhaust for something, maybe the APU

View attachment 823793View attachment 823794
I also think is the APU exhaust. Look at this picture here They even have something cover and connected both the APU and APU exhaust from the outside during the ZhuHai airshow.

APU .jpg

Unlike the 90s China now has many products which have matured and are of international standard. The US remained an untrustworthy ally whereas common strategic goals means that the Chinese are much more in tune with our needs and wipling to help us achieve them. Turkey is also coming on line so it is all looking good. We also have indegenous products which are of good quality and therefore a few of our needs can be met locally as well.
So a lot of our programmes are coming online to help us.
A
In regards with China back then they didn't look for quality they were more focused on quantity and that mentality was washed by Pakistan in terms of super 7 project. Chinese are very sensitive in term of pride and they have big ego( not ment to hurt anyone). It was tuff job for our guys back then to bring chines in terms of modernisation of systems. It took 3 decades but surely Chinese are soon surpass western tec.
On other hand I am personally not keen on Turkey because they are standing wrong side of history and they will ditch us when it comes to crunch. We shouldn't rely on turks for anything as they have big influence of Nato. Unless they leave Nato they will keep getting blackmailed but as I understand its not possible because of certain elements, and Turkey is going to get destroyed in near future.
Our future military build up heavily depends on China and that will also depend on our political situation inland. We need strong leadership who can make stand in world arena otherwise کانپیں ٹانگ جائیں گی۔

In regards with China back then they didn't look for quality they were more focused on quantity and that mentality was washed by Pakistan in terms of super 7 project. Chinese are very sensitive in term of pride and they have big ego( not ment to hurt anyone). It was tuff job for our guys back then to bring chines in terms of modernisation of systems. It took 3 decades but surely Chinese are soon surpass western tec.
On other hand I am personally not keen on Turkey because they are standing wrong side of history and they will ditch us when it comes to crunch. We shouldn't rely on turks for anything as they have big influence of Nato. Unless they leave Nato they will keep getting blackmailed but as I understand its not possible because of certain elements, and Turkey is going to get destroyed in near future.
Our future military build up heavily depends on China and that will also depend on our political situation inland. We need strong leadership who can make stand in world arena otherwise کانپیں ٹانگ جائیں گی۔

Turkey has stood by Pakistan for 70 years, it helped us with supplies in 65 and 71. Odd statement.

I think that depends on what you define as low RCS. Rafale is not true stealth, but it has one of the lowest RCS of any fourth gen. It is the only fourth generation aircraft to incorporate sawtooth panels, something that not even Su-57 has achieved.
Sure, but that advantage goes away the minute you start hanging missiles and fuel tanks outside. As much as I mock su-57 for not being a true 5th generation aircraft, it's RCS will be an order of magnitude lower than any aircraft carrying missiles externally
In your opinion where do you see IAF in 20 years (in no of squadrons) considering they have made a push for make in india, and their stated goal of 42 squadrons.

Also considering the fact that post russian ukraine war, there will be a different world. Keeping in mind Indian reliance on russian weapons and its ambition to have western military products and part of Quad or china containment factor for US.
Right now, there are basically 4 places you can buy weapons from: US, Europe, Russia and China. India can buy the latest/greatest from Europe and Russia, but not from US/China. With India continuing to stay neutral in the Ukraine conflict, it would be very hard for me to see US providing the latest military hardware like F-35 to India. I think India have seen what it takes to have access to F-35 and other similarly advanced American weapons. You have to be at least 90% aligned with America on foreign adventures and give up your operation sovereignty to America. I don't think it makes sense for India to do that in the long term if it wants to be a respected super power. As such, it just needs to bite the bullet for a good number of years and continue to develop its military industrial complex. Handing money off to the Russians to locally produce MKI was not good for India's domestic industry. Handing more money off to the Russians for the pretense of cooperating on a 5th generation aircraft is not good for India. The result of that is what you have right now.

I think there is no realistic path for India to obtain real 5th generation aircraft capability for the rest of this decade. So, it should spend the minimum money possible on buying more aircraft in the class of Rafale or F-15E or typhoon. Don't worry about locally producing and such. Just buy what you need to meet basic defense need. You are never going to develop a competitive local industry by license producing 2nd tier aircraft from other countries. All that does it drive up cost per aircraft. They need to work spend as much money on MCA development as possible. Spend more money with Safran to develop the next generation engine for MCA. If we get to 2030 and they still don't have 5th generation aircraft, then buying from one of the European projects like the tempest would be the best option. At least with that, they can get an aircraft that in theory is better than the present day version of f35 and j20. India might not get that until late 2030s though. If Russia ever gets su57 development finished, that's the other 2030 option for iaf. But I must warn you rather whether china sells paf j20 or fc31, both aircraft will have stealth and sensor advantage over su57.

In the end, India needs to develop its own 5th gen aircraft. There is no reason it should take longer to do it than turkey.

That is their inferiority complex speaking. I was going to write something else but thought it better that we ignore them and instead concentrate on getting ourselves more stronger.
Our weakest link remains our fragile economy and low reserves which will not allow us any lee way unless we rectify it. We need to put our heads down and concentrate on economic build up for the next 5-10 years. Till such time that we do so we will remain vulnerable to external pressures.
A
You have to understand that India is in a terrible position militarily right now. 15 years ago, it could hang its hope on having a more powerful flanker than China. Right now, China has 3 times the number of J-20s as India has with Rafale. And the gap between PLAAF and IAF will continue to increase over the next 10 years. Not only that, the 2nd best systems that China can supply to PAF will be increasingly more advanced than the latest hardware they can get from Western countries. They have no choice but to hope that Rafale can beat J-20 and Su-30MKI can beat J-16/J-10C.

Amazing that No 5 Sqd and it's Block 52s are no longer PAF's cutting edge.....

Outside of the 36 Rafales, IAF really has no answer to the Block 52/MLU/J-10 combo....
They still looking for new options and what I have realised in recent climate they will not go to USA unless F35 is offered. Other then that it be silly move by them in terms of embargo and arm twisting by yanks.
We should thank Allah we are out of that situation where we had to always look over our shoulders.

Turkey has stood by Pakistan for 70 years, it helped us with supplies in 65 and 71. Odd statement.
I am not saying they have Ill motives but they standing on wrong side of the bank. I have good enough reasons to make that statement, we have witnessed in terms of sale of helicopters. It was blocked by US, there are other things they can't come openly to us. Small stuff don't matter and time is always a good teacher. Turkey needs to come out of Nato alliance but I don't think its possible for them now.

Beware of injun false flaggers, going after our 2 strategic partners.
You are so unsecured soul. 🙂

Video is great, but they did incorporate some of the J-10B TVC footage from Zhuhai 2018 in it! Hate to disappoint many people here but J-10C is not capable of post stall maneuvers.
Agreed but post stall maneuvers like Cobra etc. don't have a lot of benefit in close in combat where HOBS AAM are employed. The agility and attack aspects of the 5th generation WVR AAMs are very difficult to beat with such maneuvers.

I am not saying they have Ill motives but they standing on wrong side of the bank. I have good enough reasons to make that statement, we have witnessed in terms of sale of helicopters. It was blocked by US, there are other things they can't come openly to us. Small stuff don't matter and time is always a good teacher. Turkey needs to come out of Nato alliance but I don't think its possible for them now.

You are so unsecured soul. 🙂

That means the box standard export variant. Nothing Pakistan specific.

You know nothing Sarfriz, keep insulting ethnic groups in Pakistan, that is your forte.

Back
Top Bottom