What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Anyone with better or HD video plz
....the dashing Mirage is love ...unmatchable

The cockpit has a green hue ! ?????? what kind of tainted cockpit is it? benefits besides UV protection ?

Any chatter in foreign media, specifically from the jealous neighbor ?
Its canopy is likely coated with Indium-Tin-Oxide. It helps reflect radar waves, making the jet more stealthy. The green hue is the HUD

I have moved most of PAF Cyber Space posts to following thread. Members are further requested to continue with Cyber Space discussion in particular topic.

Thread is sticky now.

Regards,

Nobody needs to apologize for an honest opinion based on available information. Its not as though he is being incompetent on a sensitive position. This is just a forum. For a while I also thought that J-10's performance gap with JF-17 was not big enough to justify a buy decision. This too was based on opinion of retired PAF chief (I forget his name). So, you better demand an apology from him rather than a poster on this forum.

Nobody here makes sensitive decisions. So, chill buddy.

Besides, you are on his ignore list & I have told you this more than once already.

Hi,

But you are not on his ignore list---so he knows.

It was never about the performance gap---but the NUMBERS GAP.

It is always about the numbers gap---read up on nations and wars---it is always about the numbers and how they are used.

The Paf was always below par in numbers in 4th gen aircraft.

I have shared many a times---if you have 5 machine guns---and you add 5 more machine guns---it makes 100% increase in firepower and capabilities and may have a 500% increase in a force multiplier effect---.

It may also have massive "pucker effect" on the enemy.

The FORCE MULTIPLIER effect is the most important aspect in this numbers game of in parallel increase in power.

If on the 27th feb---we had 36 more JF17 BLK 2's---or 36 more J10's---our response would have been totally different.

From what I read, the fuel tanks are attached in a way that they are not simply detached but they are connected in quite a complicate way. So if you want to remove the tanks, certain panels on top of the wings need to be opened ... and so on, so that most often they are left as they are.

I think somewhere on my harddrive I have an image showing that ...

Aren't those installed on pylon attached to wing? How would you drop tanks during an unpleasant scenario up in the air? I don't think a fighter aircraft will be counted as modern whereby its drop tanks are mostly left hanging due to removal issues. It doesn't makes sense at all.

You are in air battle/fight and imagine the rest of comedy I wanted to share about dropping such (glued) fuel tanks to ease the load on fighter jet.

Or I just totally missed the point here?

I thought there were reports about more ... many more in fact!

Initial order for now, to bolster the qualitative numerical number which was imbalanced due to the Rafael.

I believe 2 sqn for now are in sight. Block-3 are coming online, rest will get upgraded also. Thus 30-40 J10s, 150 JF17s and 70 or so F16s would be one good quality wise air force. But if more rafael or other jets inducted, the J10 numbers or even JF17 numbers may increase.

Next stop would be 5th gen. In coming decade or even before this might come to sub continent and if india initiates it first, we will follow.

In his speech, PAF chief thanked Army Chief for his support. I am not sure what sort of support that could be, but I think it's related to fiscal management of defense budget so that space for J-10C induction on emergency basis can be completed. Agreement was signed on 25th June 2021 (after budget was approved) and delivery before next budget just in 8 months. It only shows that PAF has pushed with this induction ... Question remains, what triggered this expedited acquisition?
Hi what triggered can be PAF f16 missiles might not be a match for Rafale for IAF as Indian start inducting Rafale only option is PL15 whatever E or the one Chinese using themselves PAF knows better
just a thought for expediting of this acquisition lastly when PAF had a air exercise with China in Pakistan that can also be a moment for PAf to get this bird as COAS himself inspected the gem including sitting in its cockpit
thank you

View attachment 823068

Let's take a moment & appreciate Federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad ..
Its because of him WE KNOW
in his honor, we should rename our J10C Dragons to JS10 Sheeda! so that when indians see the J10C on the radar, they'll yell "oh bhaag bhosdi kay, JS10 Sheeda aya"!

Back
Top Bottom