What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

I am not big fan of Mirages and F7, I only consider these machines as support jets in 2021

I firmly believe in Timely modernization, which is why I appreciate the arrival of J10 C to Pakistan's Airforce

People may feel it is a response to Rafael but to me it is merely modernization effort on PAF part , which was already considered back in 2007 , when originally 36 Jets were planned for 2014
Mirage is a support aircraft? Is main strike platform considered as support?

You keep ignoring my arguments and keep coming up with new and weird statements.

Anyways, this discussion is off topic so I am ending this here.

Mirage is a support aircraft? Is main strike platform considered as support?

You keep ignoring my arguments and keep coming up with new and weird statements.

Anyways, this discussion is off topic so I am ending this here.

np, my opinion is reserved I understand a lot of people love Mirage planes for their long history with PAF. This is a attachment to that platform

But 100% still great to welcome new birds J10C in March inshallah

np, my opinion is reserved I understand a lot of people love Mirage planes for their long history with PAF. This is a attachment to that platform

But 100% still great to welcome new birds J10C in March inshallah
You have complete right to your opinion but you need to provide a supporting logic and example.

I have already given you the answer to this attachment claim of yours but you just keep avoiding my arguments.

Take care..

No it is not, in fact it is fake!

These J-10Cs at CAC were spotted in late April and as I noted so often, were most likely sent to the PLAAF's 25th and 16th Air Brigades.

View attachment 804619
What utter crap is being spewed in this video! He is himself saying this picture is from March 20. He has counted 25 planes and stated they are for PAF
irrespective of the time scale. This is ridiculous. They are more than likely for PLAAF as you have stated.
A

did the minster say 25? well it makes no sense

he also called is Jaaayyyessss 10

I would say 36 x J10C for starts
It maybe 25 will be delivered this year and the next lot will be next year.
A

Best chance to get back IOK from them is now when china is sitting in ladakh , i am prying for the new COAS of PA , we need an aggressive chief who can act according to the current situation
I dont think any PA chief will do anything other than maintain peace. You think Bajwa is a weak leader but you know what his response to indian trying to lob some missiles our way? That is not the response of a/weak chief. That is the response of someone saying "Leave me alone or prepare to die/when I get agitated". Being peace loving and being weak are not necessarily the same in my humble opinion.
Regards
A

Last edited:
sooner than that. Understand the Hinduvata timeline that Modi is following patterned after the NAZI playbook. I think we are already in the window, where there is a high risk of a limited war.
I dont think there is a single sane person who would think that aWar between 2 Nuclear armed nations can remain limited. If you look at the aftermath of 27/2 if Indians had lobbed missiles across the border it would have gotten a response back in kind leading to more problems. Ithink this was the precise reason the Indians had to rely on "missile dodgers" medals for its Air force as a consolation rather than a reprisal in the form of a missile attack.
A

Can someone please briefly explain why J-10Cs cannot replace role of Mirages if procured in sufficient numbers?

I’ve read a few members saying J-10C is a replacement for mirage fighters which I understand are primarily strike units. I also saw that Sheikh Rasheed noted the j-10s are being inducted to counter Rafales which seems to contradict the notion of J-10s replacing mirages. Am I misunderstanding something? Would appreciate any insight on the role of J-10s.

did the minster say 25? well it makes no sense

he also called is Jaaayyyessss 10

I would say 36 x J10C for starts
It maybe 25 will be delivered this year and the next lot will be next year.
A
This is what he said:

Meh aap ka shukriya ada karta hun aur sari qaum ko yakeen dilana chahta hun.
Batain log kar rahay hain.
23 March ki meh nay un say request ki hai, kay 30 March kar dain, kyu kay bohot VIP guest ah rahay hain.
Aur, pehli dafa Pakistan meh JS-10 ki flying past ho rahi hai.
Rafale kay muqablay meh Pakistan Air Force jo hai, flying past karnay lagi hai JS-10 Cheen kay jahaaz say.
Yeh Rafale kay torr meh hum nay, JS-10 jo hai, wo aik poora 25 ka squadron flying past karay ga.
Aur, hum apnay diffa say bi ghafil nahi. Hamari azeem afwaaj hai.

He did not say whether Pakistan has purchased the J-10C, leased it or inducted any. just only, that a squadron of 25 will do a fly past.

B/W JF B1/B2 and Mirage - PAF has strike options that cover 500-700 KMs into enemy territory with a multitude of SOWs, why'd they opt to force the role on to J10s as well. It's an air superiority role to play. Simple.

B/W F-16s B52s and MLU (AIM 120C5) and J10 (PL15 and PL10E) - backed up by force multipliers PAF will have a solid air defense.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the overall capability of J10c is about equal to F16b50/52. The best single engine 4G fighter is still F16E/F.
I don't think Pakistan will replace F16A/B/C/D with J10c. Obviously, the gap between the two is not as big as JF-17 and F7. J10c should be used to replace Mirage and deal with Rafale.
In the long run, Pakistan should replace F16 with 5G fighters after their airframe life is exhausted. India will have 5G fighters sooner or later. PAF can't only see Rafale.

Thanks, can you please elaborate on why you believe f16 b50/52 are roughly equivalent to the J10C. I am no fighter plane expert, just a casual.

In a thread this old there are bound to be repititions so here's my attempt at an answer to this question from 6 months ago
In my opinion the J-10 is NOT a replacement for the Mirages for the following reasons:
1. The Mirages are PAF's strike element, capable of carrying various SOWs. To the best of my knowledge we are not buying the various SOWs that come with the J-10 - we have heard a lot about PL-15's and AESA's.
2. Azm is envisioned as a heavy-weight strike aircraft - and in my opinion will be the replacement to the Mirages.
3. There's an F-16 shaped gap in PAF's numbers - so IMHO the J10s are coming to augment the F16s.

That being said aircraft don't HAVE to replace another aircraft one-to-one so saying x is a replacement for y is always just a rough statement.

Can someone please briefly explain why J-10Cs cannot replace role of Mirages if procured in sufficient numbers?
I’ve read a few members saying J-10C is a replacement for mirage fighters which I understand are primarily strike units. I also saw that Sheikh Rasheed noted the j-10s are being inducted to counter Rafales which seems to contradict the notion of J-10s replacing mirages. Am I misunderstanding something? Would appreciate any insight on the role of J-10s.

And this is exactly right
B/W JF B1/B2 and Mirage - PAF has strike options that cover 500-700 KMs into enemy territory with a multitude of SOW options, why'd they opt to force the role on to J10s as well. It's an air superiority role to play. Simple.

B/W F-16s B52s and MLU (AIM 120C5) and J10 (PL15 and PL10E) - backed up by force multipliers PAF will have a solid air defense.

Air to ground attack requires aircraft which can go low and fast lob their SOWs and RTB. Because of this mode they remain at risk of attrition. You need some platform with Delta configuration which has low cost. The mirages fit this role perfectly. J10s are deltas with Canards which impart different characteristics taking away some if not all the weaknesses to the Deltas. Their role in the PAF would be A2A comimenting theF16s and helped by JFT. They are fairly expensive so PAF will use them in their Air to air role as it can carry a fair bit of arsenal on the hardpoints. It would be more suited for its Air to air role.
A

Back
Top Bottom