What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

The very moment we are living now, is when things are most dangerous. The likelihood of war is very high as we speak. With time chances will get less. People have little sense of how turbulent things are and things can go out of control in very short order. If we can get through the next 3-5 years chances of war will diminish.

India will avoid miscalculation on both borders for the foreseeable future in the next couple of decades unless something in the near future like economical crashes happens but they will be in defensive mode and not the aggressors
India will restrain China core concerns like endangering Tibet, or roads leading to it, or dominant positions. However, after a brwal with Chinese, India can do the same 26 Feb thing to portray Modi as double front fighter. So yes, no 2 front WAR but some show off.
@was apologies

J10C is ideal plane to replace handful of Mirage platforms, Since we have quite a few old Mirages and F7 platforms , good to bring in J10C to replace these older platform

• 36-40 - J10C replaces , 35-40 older platform

Current Inventory
  • 100-150 , Mirages / F7P

Makes sense this small modernization effort is taking place

View attachment 804681
How are Mirages being reduced? If you are referring to No. 15 sqn being equipped with J-10s then Mirages of that sqn have been transferred , so no reduction as of now.

How does it make sense for Pakistan Air Force to be operating 2 medium-weight platforms and 4 light-weight platforms all at the same time?

How are Mirages being reduced? If you are referring to No. 15 sqn being equipped with J-10s then Mirages of that sqn have been transferred , so no reduction as of now.

How the older Mirage / F7 be handled?

Air force follows their own schedule to gradually phase out older planes they have been doing it for some time
  • Parked for Spare parts for remaining planes
  • May be parked as reserve
  • Decommissioned

The sooner the better

As J10C arrives , makes sense to Decommission older F7 or Mirages

How the older Mirage / F7 be handled?

Air force follows their own schedule to gradually phase out older planes they have been doing it for some time
  • Parked for Spare parts for remaining planes
  • May be parked as reserve
  • Decommissioned

The sooner the better
You cannot compare F-7s with Mirages in this regard, and we are not discussing old ( or probably a better term : not air worthy) units so please. The topic here is the platform and not units.

F-7s are clearly being phased out. OTH Mirages regularly keep visiting Kamra for repairs and overhauling. PAF has found a replacement for F-7s but is yet to find one for Mirages. Recent planned accquisition ( though later called off because of political influences of certain countries ) of Egyptian Mirages clearly indicates PAF plans to keep Mirages in air for foreseeable future.

Please share atleast one example in recent times where a Mirage squadron has been re-equipped with a new aircraft and Mirages of that squadron have been decommissioned/used for spares/parked as reserves.

Even the newly raised squadron did not retire a single Mirage unit, all of them are still operational. So my question still remains, how are Mirages being reduced?

:coffee:It is time to say good bye to Mirages, I know there is old attachment and love for these planes but it is time

Mirages : Sure lovely plane for support role , some ground missions some upgrades
F-7 : Again good supportive craft close range, agile , tiny

But makes sense to transfer 150 Pilots over to J10C or JF-17 Block III

> 50 Pilots for J10C
> 50 Pilots shifted to Block III (Multi Mission)

50 Pilots focus on availability of modern replacement (Undisclosed Jets Azm ?)

Cough Cough , I heard UK is selling their Typhoons :whistle:Just throwing it out there

Last edited:
As J10C arrives , makes sense to Decommission older F7 or Mirages
F-7s replacement is JF-17 and in no way J-10 is replacement of Mirage. Both will serve different roles. Yes a Mirage squadron might get re-equipped with J-10 but Mirages of that squadron will either be sent to an existing squadron or a new one might be raised.

If you can think of this - do u think no one at PAF has not worked out tactics to counter. This game of cat and moses will always exist
Working out tactics is one thing - recognizing it and executing against it are another.

Good execution > brilliant plan
Dear tge time when PDF used to discuss such things is gone, unfortunately.
That’s because every other person on PDF thinks they will lose their paycheck if they cannot win an argument on PDF or they will stoop to the level of an Bhakt troll using loghorrea or worse.

Pakistanis(including myself) have problems balancing being productively critical or just criticism and negativity to assuage and satisfy inner guilt or victim mentality.

I am going to ignore everything you just said and focus on this one. Are you trying to br sarcastic or did you really mean it? 🤨

I am not big fan of Mirages and F7, I only consider these machines as support jets in 2021

I firmly believe in Timely modernization, which is why I appreciate the arrival of J10 C to Pakistan's Airforce

People may feel it is a response to Rafael but to me it is merely modernization effort on PAF part , which was already considered back in 2006-2007 (Musharraf Government) , when originally 36 Jets were planned for 2014 arrival. But back in 2014 the plan was delayed for unknown reasons.

I see arrival of J10C back to normal business or resumption of existing plans which were halted, many people agreed even as far as 2010 that PAF need a Fall Gap platform , till arrival of the AZM project.

The Fall Gap Jets offer more time for refinement for JF17 Block III (if need be)

• J10-C of course has gone further enhancement between 2014-Present , and seems PAF has decided to make move for it , which is highly welcomed

What Ratio will be between J10C or JF-17 Block III? , that really depends on the additional add-on research being done on JF-17 Block III obviously that is something only the researchers / engineers know how much more time they need to refine all requirements for JF-17 Block III.

Last edited:
My opinion differs a bit, out of all F-16 variants the most advanced is latest F-16V making it a good topic of interests.

F-16V on a 14.5 tons F110-GE-132 surely wins hand down vs Rafale, the latter is powered by a pair of weak medium-thrust (7.5 tons M88) and France is never a lead nation on electronics/semiconductor industry, active cancellation tech to achieve low RCS is also nothing new (China has been well versed on this subject for years even openly share scientific papers). F-16V also wins EFT in multi-purpose missions, perhaps only pales in AD interception (designed to intercept hi-speed hi-altitude USSR air force).

We know F-16V is first adopted by Taiwan air force and obviously becomes top study subject for PLAAF, while J-10C is always study subject for them. PLAAF study not available, but here is a 3rd party opinion piece on J-10C vs F-16V that I find interesting (the second link is the piece as quoted by Taiwan source):

Not to derail the thread but there are two F-16V variants in Taiwan. The first are simply F-16A converted to AESA radar and avionics while the second are completely new airframes with new engine. The former is a bit under powered for close-in encounters.

Back
Top Bottom