What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

paf need front line fighters more then 120 sir . just look our f-16 orders . but i agree we can not afford more then 120 . as of now first flight will be in 2030 and induction will be 2037-40

i think any Chinese 5th gen even 36 of them were great threat to our enemy . rather then j-10 .
But the 5th gen j20 is not for export and j31 isn't ready

There is more than what meets the eye, remember we had a talk regarding a new jet for PAF on another thread, when it first arrived on a PAF base for testing in dead of night (lets spill the beans since it has becoming obvious). You told me to not to stretch it until made official.

I am again saying J-10 was not the only thing that came back than and PAF won't make public (not directly or indirectly) than what is required to keep its eastern neighbor on toes.

No no no no no no and off course for the last part. Lest run ahead my dear. May be I am not the person interested to stretch onto anything as such.... especially as such.

IMO almost 100% for sure the WS10B ... we haven't seen any J-10C at CAC with the AL-31FN since years. But again, we only know it, when we see them.
It'll be interesting to see how much distance the PAF will put between the J-10CEs and the public, journalists, etc. Though an export variant, the J-10C is both a sensitive piece of tech and one of China's workhorse fighters. Sure, we might catch the engine type and some other details, but I suspect the PAF will keep a shroud over this fighter for most of its service tenure.

It would also be hilarious if the PAF gets the F-16V because the US would ask that it too be kept under a shroud. So, imagine, two sensitive fighters from two opposing powers kept under a shroud in one country. Only one party (PAF) truly knows "what's up" when comparing both. @SQ8

Last edited:
Total possible procurement of 5 squadrons, (subject to finance,) with latest AA and AtG package.
Funds permitting, the PAF generally commits to 90+ units of a fighter type. It's been like that for every fighter the PAF ever bought from its own money -- e.g., F-6, Mirage III/5, F-7, F-16, and JF-17. The only exceptions are sub-variants of mainstay types (like A-5C and F-7PG) or aid.

Without going into the nitty gritty of it, with due respect I would disagree with you on this. I fully agree that the source needs to agree to share the photos on open forum. However the cat is out of the bag and it has been confirmed by Sheeda telli who is a Pindi boy anx close to establishment.
However, it is not my place to disregard forum rules and your enforcing them.
Kind regards
A

No problem Sir. My intention was about something untold/kept away and not the news of J-10. The intention was about white hat Data which has to remain untold unless source allows. TNT then confirmed as well that source don't want it to go public yet. Someone has to say this and Shaikh Sahib was the perfect man for the job. Does anyone remember him saying similar thing years ago? He is the man to deliver message without fear and above all, Pindi is his constituency as well. 😂

News, seems to have reached East of Pakistan - and i'm not talking about our friends in China.

logo.png

Pakistan confirms raising squadron of Chinese J-10C in response to India's Rafale jets

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale.

Ankit Kumar
December 29, 2021

Putting the speculations to rest, the government of Pakistan has confirmed the acquisition of at least 25 Chinese J-10C fighter jets for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Pakistan's interior minister Sheikh Rashid told reporters in Rawalpindi on Wednesday that a squadron of 25 China-made jets would participate in a fly-past on 23 March. The minister touted the Chinese jets as "an answer to India's Rafale jets".

However, the minister misarticulated the name of the jets repeatedly during his interaction, referring to the jets as "Chinese JS-10". While rumours of Pakistan acquiring Chinese jets have been doing rounds for a long time, a big question mark remains over the claims of the Chinese jets competence against the advanced French Rafale.

Although China has been using the J-10C multirole fighter aircraft to replace its much older J-7E fighters at the People's Liberation Army Air Force's (PLAAF's) brigades, it relied on its much-advanced J-20 stealth jets when it came to monitoring of the crucial Taiwan Strait and East China Sea.

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale. Commentary in Chinese state media often looks to place the mid-sized fighter jet closer to the Rafale but Rafale's integrated architecture, superior sensors and overall combat capabilities set it apart.

With a distinct advantage in thrust and superior short-range missile, Rafale scores over the J-10C with better kill probability during Within Visual Range (WVR) combat. The combination of RBE2 AESA radar with the Meteor missile in Rafale provides a distinct advantage in the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) combat as well. Rafale's electronic warfare suite is also believed to be the most capable in its class.

The J-10C jets have been sighted during the China-Pakistan joint air exercises recently. Weeks before the formal announcements, the J-10C model was spotted in the pictures of the Pakistan Air Force Chief's office.

The Imran Khan Government's intentions to acquire the Chinese jets have already been questioned by the opposition. "I don't think the J-10C is as good as the Rafale also. We should have invested this money in building Project Azm and enhancing JF-17 capabilities," Dr Afnan Ullah Khan had posted on Twitter, earlier this month.

Pak_Senator_tweet-x362.PNG

if JF17 Block II and F16 C/D Block 52+ could ensure IAF is kept at a arms length in Feb 2019 then JF17 Block III could also ensure Rafale R4 is kept at arms length

I would go even further

IAF would be so terrified to use Rafale R4 in hot zone incase they have to give answers after they lose one in combat

look at the PR disaster for the Su30 MKI

imagine a repeat with Rafale the French would want to get all Rafales back before Indian lose any more

ok lets not get tooter confident

PAF fleet is shrinking yes, but into a smaller very much more potent and robust fighting force

its now a more unified Air Force with overlapping capabilities

eventually with 188 x JF17A/B Block I, II and III, 76 x F16 C/D Block 52+ and say 25 x J10C (although I doubt the number 25) gives close top 300 Ultra modern aircraft

backed by legacy aircraft

Total possible procurement of 5 squadrons, (subject to finance,) with latest AA and AtG package.
@Rafi Is there any possibility that CATIC can help us in AZM if we bought J10C in large number?
If we are going to purchase 5 sq. of it, then why not put Raad 2 on it instead of spending dollars on A2G package?

Then you need to ask yourself this question why China never inducted the JF-17 if its capabilities are matching to J-10 or near on par.

Not to mention ,JF-17 and J-10 are both design by China. There is no better authority than China to gauge which is better and the very reason why PLAAF induct J-10 only.
The gripe re China and the JFT was the initial news in the Pak media of the Chinese commitment to buying 150 units which it reneged on. PAF felt let down as it would have further lessened the cost of procurement. However the PLAAF makes decisions which suit it. There was also a feeling the number of F7s in Chinese inventory cannot be replaced by J10/16/20 and cost might have been lessened by inducting a relatively cheaper to run platform.
We however, still respect the Chinese decisions made in its own interests and understand its logic given its own ground realities.
A

Then you need to ask yourself this question why China never inducted the JF-17 if its capabilities are matching to J-10 or near on par.

Not to mention ,JF-17 and J-10 are both design by China. There is no better authority than China to gauge which is better and the very reason why PLAAF induct J-10 only.

That's not the reason. And if you want to learn, ask question in question instead of affirming else in your question. Given the size, Thunder doesn't fit into PLAAF doctrine. That's alone a fact. Secondly, thunder is JF means, joint fighter. From birth to induction, flying and sales.

Back
Top Bottom