SWITZERLAND
singapore
poland
finland
aljerea
belgium
INDIA

we will remain back now 15 more years

Yet here are far more 4.5th generation back orders/new orders placed :D The future will be about unmanned drones. There is value in unmanned JF17B3/J10CP redesign manned by 5th generation fighters. That is the future, whether you wanna call 4.5 generation or 6th generation. Doenst matter.

5th generation will not be delayed, J10C is nothing to do with Project Azm

Azm will continue at a decent pace with the funding that is available

J10C + JF17 Block III + F16 C/D Block 52+ will ensure we have safe skies well into 2030

an industrial powerhouse like Turkey is building 5th generation and it will also be 2030 by the time it arrives

only few nations have decisions and concepts on 6th generation and aircraft like Tempest wont come online till very late 2030

so PAF is never going to be a "generation" behind so to speak

10 years ago we had F7 when IAF had Su30 MKI now that is what you call a gap, now no more gap

in my opinion JF17 Block III could handle the Rafale R4 but J10C ensures air superiority, its the final seal on the tin
sir PAF did not buy jets for 15-20 years we buy for 30-40 years these j-10 will be here flying 2050 . if you look history paf always have gap 15+years but becasue those were US systems so when soviet tech reached there we buy another jet from USA . but this time its chinese tech lets see how PAF counter it . forget azm it will be now in 2035-40.

with this deal PAF is delaying 5th gen fighter more 10 years . while rest of world getting to 5th gen we are lacking behind in 4th gen now . PAF was superior because of quality but now its gone .
Khan saheb.
No 5th generation fighter we cqn build/lay our hands on will be ready till mid 30s for sale. So it is a mute point as to whether this is a delay or more pragmatic decision making. I think this is capacity enhancement/buildup in light of the US reluctance to release 16s on OUR TERMS. I keep mentioning Sir Bilakhan 777 but his post at the time suggested PAF was playing the Chinese against the US , waiting for who blinked first. I suspect the Chinese have or PAF lost any hope of US help and bought the J10.
A

sir PAF did not buy jets for 15-20 years we buy for 30-40 years these j-10 will be here flying 2050 . if you look history paf always have gap 15+years but becasue those were US systems so when soviet tech reached there we buy another jet from USA . but this time its chinese tech lets see how PAF counter it . forget azm it will be now in 2035-40.

I doubt it. PAF will most likely have a prototype by 2025. Induction by 2030. Like I said PAF does not need more than 100-120 5th generation jets. Who are we going to fight? afghanistan? iran? our main adversary is Gangis.

Network Centric Warfare & C4I under relatively new threat Vector " CyberWarfare" must be taken very seriously. Much neglected domain ....in general

I doubt it. PAF will most likely have a prototype by 2025. Induction by 2030. Like I said PAF does not need more than 100-120 5th generation jets. Who are we going to fight? afghanistan? iran? our main adversary is Gangis.
paf need front line fighters more then 120 sir . just look our f-16 orders . but i agree we can not afford more then 120 . as of now first flight will be in 2030 and induction will be 2037-40
Khan saheb.
No 5th generation fighter we cqn build/lay our hands on will be ready till mid 30s for sale. So it is a mute point as to whether this is a delay or more pragmatic decision making. I think this is capacity enhancement/buildup in light of the US reluctance to release 16s on OUR TERMS. I keep mentioning Sir Bilakhan 777 but his post at the time suggested PAF was playing the Chinese against the US , waiting for who blinked first. I suspect the Chinese have or PAF lost any hope of US help and bought the J10.
A
i think any Chinese 5th gen even 36 of them were great threat to our enemy . rather then j-10 .

paf need front line fighters more then 120 sir . just look our f-16 orders . but i agree we can not afford more then 120 . as of now first flight will be in 2030 and induction will be 2037-40

Pakistan needs to get the best aircraft with lowest budget

US has unlimited budget

JF17 Block III did what no aircraft can do, provide 4th generation capability's with 3rd generation fighter budget

now we get J10C which is 4.5th generation with again very good budget planning

fully blown 5th generation aircraft will run the cost into billions and we dont need a 5th generation aircraft to fight against Rafale R4

News, seems to have reached East of Pakistan - and i'm not talking about our friends in China.

logo.png

Pakistan confirms raising squadron of Chinese J-10C in response to India's Rafale jets

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale.

Ankit Kumar
December 29, 2021

Putting the speculations to rest, the government of Pakistan has confirmed the acquisition of at least 25 Chinese J-10C fighter jets for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Pakistan's interior minister Sheikh Rashid told reporters in Rawalpindi on Wednesday that a squadron of 25 China-made jets would participate in a fly-past on 23 March. The minister touted the Chinese jets as "an answer to India's Rafale jets".

However, the minister misarticulated the name of the jets repeatedly during his interaction, referring to the jets as "Chinese JS-10". While rumours of Pakistan acquiring Chinese jets have been doing rounds for a long time, a big question mark remains over the claims of the Chinese jets competence against the advanced French Rafale.

Although China has been using the J-10C multirole fighter aircraft to replace its much older J-7E fighters at the People's Liberation Army Air Force's (PLAAF's) brigades, it relied on its much-advanced J-20 stealth jets when it came to monitoring of the crucial Taiwan Strait and East China Sea.

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale. Commentary in Chinese state media often looks to place the mid-sized fighter jet closer to the Rafale but Rafale's integrated architecture, superior sensors and overall combat capabilities set it apart.

With a distinct advantage in thrust and superior short-range missile, Rafale scores over the J-10C with better kill probability during Within Visual Range (WVR) combat. The combination of RBE2 AESA radar with the Meteor missile in Rafale provides a distinct advantage in the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) combat as well. Rafale's electronic warfare suite is also believed to be the most capable in its class.

The J-10C jets have been sighted during the China-Pakistan joint air exercises recently. Weeks before the formal announcements, the J-10C model was spotted in the pictures of the Pakistan Air Force Chief's office.

The Imran Khan Government's intentions to acquire the Chinese jets have already been questioned by the opposition. "I don't think the J-10C is as good as the Rafale also. We should have invested this money in building Project Azm and enhancing JF-17 capabilities," Dr Afnan Ullah Khan had posted on Twitter, earlier this month.

Pak_Senator_tweet-x362.PNG
In the following weeks, expect the following:

1) On Pakistan side J-10C will have become one of the best medium fighters in existence. Cue people playing up its victories in exercises and possibly inventing new ones, like “J-10C shooting down J-20 multiple times with PL-15”.

2) On Indian side the J-10C will suddenly become the worst aircraft, even worse than JF-17 because it uses a Chinese engine. Expect the Bhakts to play up the crash rate and reliability issues as well as how it is no match for Rafales.

News, seems to have reached East of Pakistan - and i'm not talking about our friends in China.

logo.png

Pakistan confirms raising squadron of Chinese J-10C in response to India's Rafale jets

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale.

Ankit Kumar
December 29, 2021

Putting the speculations to rest, the government of Pakistan has confirmed the acquisition of at least 25 Chinese J-10C fighter jets for the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Pakistan's interior minister Sheikh Rashid told reporters in Rawalpindi on Wednesday that a squadron of 25 China-made jets would participate in a fly-past on 23 March. The minister touted the Chinese jets as "an answer to India's Rafale jets".

However, the minister misarticulated the name of the jets repeatedly during his interaction, referring to the jets as "Chinese JS-10". While rumours of Pakistan acquiring Chinese jets have been doing rounds for a long time, a big question mark remains over the claims of the Chinese jets competence against the advanced French Rafale.

Although China has been using the J-10C multirole fighter aircraft to replace its much older J-7E fighters at the People's Liberation Army Air Force's (PLAAF's) brigades, it relied on its much-advanced J-20 stealth jets when it came to monitoring of the crucial Taiwan Strait and East China Sea.

The J-10C is considered a capable workhorse of the Chinese air force, but it falls below the cutting-edge capabilities of the Rafale. Commentary in Chinese state media often looks to place the mid-sized fighter jet closer to the Rafale but Rafale's integrated architecture, superior sensors and overall combat capabilities set it apart.

With a distinct advantage in thrust and superior short-range missile, Rafale scores over the J-10C with better kill probability during Within Visual Range (WVR) combat. The combination of RBE2 AESA radar with the Meteor missile in Rafale provides a distinct advantage in the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) combat as well. Rafale's electronic warfare suite is also believed to be the most capable in its class.

The J-10C jets have been sighted during the China-Pakistan joint air exercises recently. Weeks before the formal announcements, the J-10C model was spotted in the pictures of the Pakistan Air Force Chief's office.

The Imran Khan Government's intentions to acquire the Chinese jets have already been questioned by the opposition. "I don't think the J-10C is as good as the Rafale also. We should have invested this money in building Project Azm and enhancing JF-17 capabilities," Dr Afnan Ullah Khan had posted on Twitter, earlier this month.

Pak_Senator_tweet-x362.PNG

Just like I said

View attachment 804419

Made in China stuff man won't work.
Rafale made by white man much superior.

in my opinion JF17 Block III could handle the Rafale R4 but J10C ensures air superiority, its the final seal on the tin

I totally agree on this - a JF17 Block III working in an integrated network centric AD network can beat Spectra and it can therefore beat the Rafale - esp with its long range AAM.

PAF still maintains first shot advantage.

I don't get the whole J-10 vs. Rafale discussion.

Last I checked, India is keeping the Rafales as far from Pakistan as possible.

That is what they used to say about the Raptor of the East - its reputation did not last past its first real combat mission by getting shot down.

This is a feel good story for themselves ..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom