What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

Guys... Bad news..

Section 1023 would require the Navy to limit the total number of ship retirements in a year to no more than two-thirds of the number of vessels planned for commissioning into the battle fleet in that year. This restriction would continue until the number of vessels in the battle force fleet reaches 313 vessels. Based on an analysis of the Navy’s battle force plans, and discussions with the Navy, CBO expects the Navy would implement this requirement by delaying the retirement of about 15 Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/115xx/doc11529/hr5136.pdf

Congress wants to see some new LCS enter the fleet before striking all of the OH Perrys. US still have around 40 of the OH Perrys in the fleet, so keeping 15 of 40 longer than planned shouldn't delay any transfers of 8 frigates to Pakistan...

Congress wants to see some new LCS enter the fleet before striking all of the OH Perrys. US still have around 40 of the OH Perrys in the fleet, so keeping 15 of 40 longer than planned shouldn't delay any transfers of 8 frigates to Pakistan...

You totally misunderstood the plot please read it again and the exact figure is 29.

Then change the number from 40 to 29, losing 8 of them still leaves 21 left in the US fleet. But I was under the impression the US wanted to decommissioned all of them last year by 2020 as they are replaced by up to 55 LCS...

Still appears to me 8 will still be transferred to Pakistan, a few a year from 2011-12 to 2015 after this year's single transfer. The US has a few (3-4) LCS appropriated by Congress already, with more to be added each year... I would think eight LSC will be built by 2015, if not more...

Then change the number from 40 to 29, losing 8 of them still leaves 21 left in the US fleet. But I was under the impression the US wanted to decommissioned all of them last year by 2020 as they are replaced by up to 55 LCS...

Still appears to me 8 will still be transferred to Pakistan, a few a year from 2011-12 to 2015 after this year's single transfer. The US has a few (3-4) LCS appropriated by Congress already, with more to be added each year... I would think eight LSC will be built by 2015, if not more...

Repost from http://www.defence.pk/forums/888927-post31.html

The U.S. Navy commissioned 51 FFG-7 class frigates between 1977 and 1989. As of today, 29 long-hull Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates remain active in USN service (of which 9 in active naval reserve i.e. on active duty but manned by reservists).

Of the ones taken out of USN service
3 scrapped
2 stricken (stored in Bremerton)
16 transferred to foreign navies:
* Bahrain, 1 (active)
* Poland, 2 (all active)
* Egypt, 4 (all active)
* Turkey, 9 (8 active, 1 parts hull)
1 decommissioned, to be transferred in 2010 (Pakistan)

Four of six Australian OHPs remain in RAN service.
Six of six Spanish OHPs remain in SPS service.
Eight of eight Taiwanese OHPs remain in ROCS service

29+15+4+6+8=62 active ships.

As for 55 LCS replacing the OHPs, do note that LCS 3 and 4 were cancelled, leaving just the two prototype ships. The USN hasn't even decided yet which design (or mix of designs) they wish to go with... let alone the numbers they can afford.

Good, so PN does not have to get this junk. We can invest the same resources in other resources for a better future product.

these are very cheap
we cannot get any cheap and good ship like this one

the f-22P cost 175 Million and weight about 2800ton and it about 4000ton.

by spending little on upgradation it can be a very good frigate

PN must nt miss this deal.

and type 054A cost above 500million So we can then only afford atlest 3 type 054A.

dnt miss this deal..we nEED QUANTITY TOO

You are calling a class of over 60 active ships in service with the navies of Australia, Bahrain, Egypt, Poland, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, and US junk.

The Perry class is not junk but also not a high class ship. Perry class is poplular because of mainly two reasons:
- Easy obtainable for affordable price
- Low operational cost

You know it is quite ironic, most Pakistanis don't like us, but when uncle Sam gives them toys, they would be happy to accept. :usflag::)

You know it is quite ironic, most Pakistanis don't like us, but when uncle Sam gives them toys, they would be happy to accept. :usflag::)

its not that we don,t like american people.what we don.t like is your goverments foreign policy and
i would like to travel back to US but i,m scared.even if i have italian passport.:lol:

None sense Pakistan loves USA ... :usflag:

Stop watching cnn man ...

3662668766_03b921f4dc.jpg

436793326_65a02a7674.jpg

A5E2855D-4EF6-4B79-9C7F-BBDDB8BDEC3C_mw800_mh600_s.jpg

pakistan-us-flag-4.png

We just don't like misiles please on civilians please

RULES:
Just please no killing of civilians from planes
please , and no ... if someone has travelled 1000 times and was cleared if he travelled 1001 time he will still be likely clean

Back
Top Bottom