What's new

need suggestions for a new car!

We have had a hyundai santro for the last 13 years :P, I am hoping I will get it now that dad is going to buy a new car. Abhi to pulsar se kaam chala raha hun :D

looks a bit like this, the old model

Hurry-Hyundai-Santro-Zip-Plus-Silver-Color-Only-Rs-20130710134254.jpg

I think you're projecting your tendencies on me...as i was not the one posting pink Barbie cars but only tried a humorous solution to the OP.

i like you

you do very cute things in your avatar

Still better then the crap you drive....i'd say it's from my gf if people asked me about the color.

im sure you like this better

stock-vector-groom-and-bride-driving-a-pink-automobile-with-a-just-married-car-plate-and-cans-tied-to-bumper-97497236.jpg

ok go for Toyota corolla 2011 or 2012 or 2013 model ! ! hope that will be within 7 lakh in india.

this is Toyota corolla Altis 2013
630x305x2013-toyota-corolla-altis-front-theophilus-630x305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1wK6iG3-Jx.jpg
toyota-corolla-altis-2013-instruement-panel.jpg

@gslv mk3 do you know the price of it in india ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@danish_vij is it 7 lakhs ex showroom or on road..

okay,if u wanna single word answer,then i would go for the ecosport.. though,u will get only the starting style model in your budget,which misses out on most goodies.. it will cost you around 6.75 lakhs on road.. try to convince your father to go for the trend model,which will cost around rs.7.5 lakhs on road..

now,if ur dad are interested in a sedan..

1.if driving experience is the priority,then look no further than the ford classic..
the 1.6 litre 100 bhp petrol is a gem of an engine..(my dad has the same car,when it was the fiesta)
u can get the starting lxi model for around 6.5 lakhs on road,while the clxi will cost around 7.25 lakhs.. i suggest u go for clxi..
the clxi offers better exterior looks,also it offers u a music system,which u gonna get anyways,so that extra 25k is neutralised..
also,there are many discounts available on this car.

now,if u want a sedan which is the best overall,then go for honda amaze or the dzire..amaze beat the segment leader dzire in the diesels.. cant say about petrol. the best thing is that u can get the top end models of these cars for around 7.25 lakhs

watch this video-
@danish_vij show the video to ur father,m sure he can make sense out of it,,

ok go for Toyota corolla 2011 or 2012 or 2013 model ! ! hope that will be within 7 lakh in india.

this is Toyota corolla Altis 2013
630x305x2013-toyota-corolla-altis-front-theophilus-630x305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1wK6iG3-Jx.jpg
toyota-corolla-altis-2013-instruement-panel.jpg

@gslv mk3 do you know the price of it in india ?

on an average 15 lakhs on road..

Just amused at a couple of deadbeats who will never have a Porsche and for some reason find the car itself funny or gay or whatever, while it's the most fun you can buy for the OP's price of ~10.000$. I'm sure your Toyota is great at speed, after those 20 seconds it needs to 100....:angel:

More barbie's. Time for you to step out of the closet son and have fun with your, errr..."brothers"...:lol: Gay search queries seem to be the thing over there. Now we know partly why.

well, I am a proud owner of Swift hatchback...it’s a beauty and very comfortable...but as you have pointed out, it’s very common on road. And mine is RED which is even more common....another thing is, its 1298CC engine does not fetch you more than 8 per litre mileage on Mumbai roads :-(

We have family owned Tata Marina which is almost 7 years old, but I tell you...so far we have not incurred even Rs.5000 on its maintenance…But yes, you can’t compare Tata Cars with Ford or Honda..you wont get that wow experience.

But what I heard is, Tata has invested a lot in Manza and those who have bought it have very good feeedback about it.

Waiting for Oct 13 to come to get my hands on Ford EcoSport... :)
earlier swift model was nice but 2013 model they cropped the hatchback nd brought to same length as i20

Just amused at a couple of deadbeats who will never have a Porsche and for some reason find the car itself funny or gay or whatever, while it's the most fun you can buy for the OP's price of ~10.000$. I'm sure your Toyota is great at speed, after those 20 seconds it needs to 100....:angel:

First im not indian.. 2nd im a student ... (no job).. 3rd even tht toyota cost me 23K $... which i didnt pay... 4th lol dude you dnt know me or my family background...in short just like not every american is white trash not even asian is poor... :lol:

Thanks for mentioning me @danish_vij

Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the cars you mentioned. Let alone hatchbacks. I am a sedan guy, all Japanese.

I drive a Corolla 'G' myself, and handles like a charm and very rugged. It's a practically hassle-free car with very low maintenance costs relative to other cars in its class.
toyota-corolla-g-06.jpg

(Sample Photo. And yes, mine is white in color.)

But by all means, grab the VW from that list. And stay away from the Hyundai. They often have poor resale value unless it happens to be a Sonata (though, I may be wrong about the Indian market). Try not to look at it as being 'cool' and all, but look at it as an investment.

And that is why I bought a Corolla, since Toyota always have superb resale value in my country, along with great after-sales service. Though, Corollas are very boring to drive.

The Ford looks interesting, and appears to have a lot of flexibility. Might wanna check that as well.

Never a big fan of Suzuki cars. They look like the Justin Beibers among cars. They make cool motorcycles though.

By the way, do you guys still drive manual transmission cars? :confused: Most folks drive automatic these days (apart from perhaps high performance cars).

in india ppl prefer manual!.....evn if there is a option ppl like to shift to manual mode......nd btw the car u mentioned is out of budget! :(

You not considering Honda Jazz buddy?
yeah! not catched my attention much due to non availibility of service centres in my region

35 l/month free petrol !! Your dad works in ONGC??

on he's a bank manager in pnb so govt offers for free !! :D

I prefer big cars and my favorite option are range rover and land rover. India itself produce these cars now, so price will be lower than Bangladesh. anyway what are prices ?

2013-Range-Rover.jpg
2014-Range-Rover-3.jpg

landroverlrx12.jpg
land-rover-range-rover-sports-interior.jpg

anyway i need time to analysis, longtime i do not check about cars LOL

bro sory i cnt afford evn these u can gift me 1 :D

in india ppl prefer manual!.....evn if there is a option ppl like to shift to manual mode......nd btw the car u mentioned is out of budget! :(

yeah! not catched my attention much due to non availibility of service centres in my region

on he's a bank manager in pnb so govt offers for free !! :D

**** man, i need to quit this job and apply for some govt bank jobs. Still cant believe it 35 l/month free petrol!!!

First im not indian.. 2nd im a student ... (no job).. 3rd even tht toyota cost me 23K $... which i didnt pay... 4th lol dude you dnt know me or my family background...in short just like not every american is white trash not even asian is poor... :lol:

:blah:

aww, the morality lecture, i'm heartbroken. Morals sure didn't stop you with insinuating that i'm a fag. And now that you've goten some back you start crying. You sure are a man's man. When you stop crying that is....

Personally, i think you're just compensating for the lack of something with that big SUV? :dirol:

Your list of these petrol cars is incomplete without Honda & you should consider Honda jazz & Brio seriously.

brio....a big no already had zen 2005 model wana change the size seriously

**** man, i need to quit this job and apply for some govt bank jobs. Still cant believe it 35 l/month free petrol!!!
yups they pay cash........but u dnt hav any idea how difficult it is o reach to manger rank to get thi.....reservations **** us evry where :(

:blah:

aww, the morality lecture, i'm heartbroken. Morals sure didn't stop you with insinuating that i'm a fag. And now that you've goten some back you start crying. You sure are a man's man. When you stop crying that is....

Lol.. dudes is tht ur car?

Personally, i think you're just compensating for the lack of something with that big SUV? :dirol:

Sure.. poor rolla man...

P.S ur right... i rarely get to drive my fathers lexus or Land cruiser..cause of my crash history... although hes more than happy to gimme the keys to the toyota truck...
mh5cfq.jpg

@Loki

mostly high end cars offer automatic transmission option in India, people still prefer manual transmission cars for two reasons, its economical and gives more mileage hence reduces the running cost. And as you might have heard or read, Indian makets are very price sensitive so big players play only to score more runs.

I know, i have a skoda superb automatic , and it gives me a shitty mileage.

Back
Top Bottom