Navy unlikely to expand aircraft carrier fleet in next 15 years

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Source Link: CLICK HERE

navy.jpg

Notwithstanding the uncertain security scenario on the borders, the Indian Navy is not likely to expand its existing fleet of one aircraft carrier over the next 15 years.

This is because the Defence Procurement Board has reportedly decided to put India’s indigenous aircraft carrier 2 (IAC) plan on the back burner, according to sources.

The IAC-2 is not part of the 2017-19 annual acquisition plans of the Indian Navy.

“A three-member committee that was formed by former defence minister Manohar Parrikar for formulating specifications, costing and aircraft for the carrier has now been disbanded,” a highly placed source told FE.

While IAC-2 has been put on hold as of now, IAC-1 is expected to be rolled out only by 2023. “The Indian Navy’s first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant is scheduled to roll out from the Cochin Shipyard by 2021-23, almost eight years late. This leaves the Navy with one operational aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, the 45,000-tonne carrier bought from Russia, which is due for repairs soon,” the source said.
2_img120717103136.jpg

Earlier this year, Indian Navy’s Vice-Admiral D M Deshpande, controller of Warship Production and Acquisition, talking at Ficci’s international seminar on ‘Building India’s Future Navy: Technology Imperatives’, had indicated that the defence ministry remains uncertain about spending billions of dollars on a carrier. According to him, “an aircraft carrier is a huge ticket item and, before some commitments are made on allocation of these funds everybody wants to be very clear on the requirement, whether we actually need that. So these are being addressed before we actually take it up to the government for final clearances.”

According to reports, navies like the US Navy, the Royal Navy, the French, Russian and now even the Chinese PLA-N have all built their fleets around aircraft carriers, which enables them to project their power over long-distance from their home bases.

The PLA-N operates only its first-ever carrier, the 65,000-tonne Liaoning, which Beijing bought from Russia, refurbished, and commissioned in 2012. India has operated at least one aircraft carrier ever since INS Vikrant joined the fleet in 1961. The PLA-N, however, now plans to commission and operate at least 5-6 carriers.

Told ya so!

India lacks funds:

Look at the percentage of allocation for Indian navy:

def-budget-2017-18-fig-2_lk_0.jpg

View attachment 412711

View attachment 412712

And such low income country wants to fight China & Pakistan simultaneously?

Who is Modi fooling?

Magar ab iska kiya hoga kaliye >>>
Confirmed: India's Next Aircraft Carrier Will Be Nuclear | The Diplomat

Oh my poor India don't indulge in wars.

So you mean to say that Samsung made more revenue compared to Indian government. That is your argument.

Then Tata made 103 billion, Reliance made 51 billion and there are many other companies that made a lot of money.

The Indian Government is not a Communist government where 73% of the companies are owned by a Party. This is democracy.

The article is one of the most stupid ones that I have seen. Everyone I Spoke to personally from CSL are planning to send it to sea trials by December or Feb'18. And Financial Express has reported a lot of successful tests as failures earlier.

Poor Vikrant will have to float like garbage in the ship years until year 2023? By that time China may have got 4 carriers.

A low income country India has no purchasing power punch. India is akin to a paper tiger.
Read the last week's THE ECONOMIST and see its front page following cover:

20170624_LDD001_0.jpg

Poor Vikrant will have to float like garbage in the ship years until year 2023? By that time China may have got 4 carriers.

Man We all know that Chinese can build fast. But you can take it and shove it somewhere else. Even the USN with so much experience takes around 5 years to complete a Nimitz Class carrier. They build machines with war fighting capabilities but I havent seen a single Chinese ship fire it's shots in anger against any navy.

India lacks funds:

Did you forget that India is a federal nation, beta ?

IMF estimates

government revenue- $554 billion
government total expenditure- $720 billion

And such low income country wants to fight China & Pakistan simultaneously?

traitor jumping up & down as usual.

So you mean to say that Samsung made more revenue compared to Indian government. That is your argument.

Then Tata made 103 billion, Reliance made 51 billion and there are many other companies that made a lot of money.

The Indian Government is not a Communist government where 73% of the companies are owned by a Party. This is democracy.

The article is one of the most stupid ones that I have seen. Everyone I Spoke to personally from CSL are planning to send it to sea trials by December or Feb'18. And Financial Express has reported a lot of successful tests as failures earlier.

That is not my argument.
These are facts when you compare GOI's measly revenue which equal to just one company.

And this fact has been highlighted by a Italian think tank which is verifiable (and verified)

So you may take your horse manure elsewhere.
No takers here. Because we believe Financial times and not you.

Indian army is like a white elephant. I dont know what these guys do with their budget. Neither they induct local stuff,eat money by importing foreign stuff. Navy must be given 40% of budget considering the importance of IO region.

That is not my argument.
These are facts when you compare GOI's measly revenue which equal to just one company.

And this fact has been highlighted by a Italian think tank which is verifiable (and verified)

So you may take your horse manure elsewhere.
No takers here. Because we believe Financial times and not you.

A country with a revenue of $554 billion last year is measly?

https://tradingeconomics.com/india/government-revenues

You can go through this and it will clear your doubts.

Back
Top Bottom