What's new

Navy unlikely to expand aircraft carrier fleet in next 15 years

Bro you are giving me a table, I just want to know how much is the total indian government revenue, both central and states and how much are all combines expenditure.

~$720 billion for 2016-17(IMF estimate)

last published figure ~580 billion (financial year 2015-16)

You mean to tell me India is actually has surplus budget? Fck :flame:

What is surplus budget ?

We only spend 6.5% of our total budget expenditure on defense. The percentage is much, much higher for your deeper-than-ocean friends.

What is surplus budget ?

We only spend 6.5% of our total budget expenditure on defense. The percentage is much, much higher for your deeper-than-ocean friends.
Budget surplus means your revenue is more than your expenditure. You get a surplus.

India has a whopping trade imbalance.
BOP = Balance of Payment also in minus
CAD = Current account deficit also in minus

These Indians are taking you for a ride.

@Han Patriot

And the defense belongs to central government and not states.

Many other things belong to the states & not the center. You've no point.

For example 92% of the expenditure on education is from the states, not the center.

It isn't read my post again...

Says a liar who literally got owned.
A budget surplus is a period when income or receipts exceed outlays or expenditures.

I just don't understand, if both central and state government are having deficit, how come he is telling me it is 700 bil revenue and 500 bil expenditure. Doesn't add up. Vedic math?

I just don't understand, if both central and state government are having deficit, how come he is telling me it is 700 bil revenue and 500 bil expenditure. Doesn't add up.

$700 billion is expenditure for 2016-17
$553 billion is revenue for 2016-17

those are IMF estimates

$580 billion was last government published combined expenditure figure for 2015-16.

$700 billion is expenditure for 2016-17
$553 billion is revenue for 2016-17

those are IMF estimates

$580 billion was last government published combined expenditure figure for 2015-16.
Ok, so India has a 500 billion revenue and 700 billion expenditure. Now it makes sense. So you have a 200bil budget deficit bro, how are you going to finance your navy?:lol:

So the deficit is even worse if we look at the overall picture. If we look at Union budget, it's roughly 30-40 bil$, still reasonable. Now I get the real picture of how shitty the economic situation is in India.

Ok, so India has a 500 billion revenue and 700 billion deficit. Now it makes sense. So you have a 200bil budget deficit bro, how are you going to finance your navy?

The gap is balanced by borrowing from the domestic market.

BTW, the surplus percentage is -23%. Doesn't China have a surplus percentage of -16% or something ?

The gap is balanced by borrowing from the domestic market.

BTW, the surplus percentage is -23%. Doesn't China have a surplus percentage of -16% or something ?

China
revenues: $2.3 trillion
expenditures: $2.708 trillion

We are an economy 5x larger.

Ok, so India has a 500 billion revenue and 700 billion expenditure. Now it makes sense. So you have a 200bil budget deficit bro, how are you going to finance your navy?:lol:

So the deficit is even worse if we look at the overall picture. If we look at Union budget, it's roughly 30-40 bil$, still reasonable. Now I get the real picture of how shitty the economic situation is in India.
half a dollar post as usual for daily bread.
Same way you going to finance your navy with 400B deficit.

Back
Top Bottom