What's new

Navy Schematics Of 1st Indigenous Aircraft Carrier

When was this pic taken? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely NOTHING 'indigenous' about this carrier. It's built with foreign components. India can't built a bullet yet, don't give me this crap about aircraft carriers. Stop boasting about something you contributed nothing to :lol:

There is absolutely NOTHING 'indigenous' about this carrier. It's built with foreign components. India can't built a bullet yet, don't give me this crap about aircraft carriers. Stop boasting about something you contributed nothing to :lol:

Cough cough:

While nearly 90 per cent of the body work of the aircraft carrier has been designed and made in India, about 50 per cent of propulsion system is of Indian origin and about 30 per cent of fighting capability of the warship are from India.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-navy-news-discussions-161.html#ixzz2axTXdkoI

INS Vikrant, India's first indigenous aircraft carrier, to be launched on August 12 | NDTV.com

Yes the latter 2 figures are far from ideal. For a first try- fair play.

Now shoo troll.

Yawn.. the usual Chinese brain farts at it again !!

Thats not new already it has planned to 20 fixed wing & 10 rotary wing aircraft would resides on it.
In fixed wing 12 would be MIG-29K & 8 N-LCA.

My hunch is that 12 - 8 may be the eventual fixed wing mix but initially there may be more than 12 MIG-29Ks (a more "mature" design and use) but with some N-LCA on a trial-development basis for several years.

We have our own shipyards kid,Now STFU

So how many MiG-29Ks will it going to carry and how many the Gorshkof carries???

Vikrant will carry 12 NMIG29s single & double seater + 8 single & double NLCA + 10 Different types of helos(primarily providers of limited AWACS capability, anti sub warfare & search & rescue type) in standard formation.
While vikramaditya is scheduled to carry total of 16 heavy class fighters(12 single seat + 4 Double seater MIG 29s) or 10 to 12 NMIGs & 5 to 8 NLCA + 10 Helos(same as stated for Vikrant + 6 KA ones & 4 Dhruvs) for fleet defense.

My guess will be that in a war scenario Vikrant will be responsible for attacking the targets while Viki will be providing top cover to the fleet. Due to same type of hardware being used by both they can handle the targets quite efficiently. Also as per latest news VIKI will not have air defense system available for short time. So it will be getting extra protection by destroyers in near future against air threats.

The carrier, currently undergoing final trials in Russia, will not have an air defence system when it begins its long journey to Indian shores in November and would be retrofitted with a close in weapon system (CIWS) only after its first refit or servicing in an Indian shipyard, according to Vice Chief of Navy Staff Vice Admiral R K Dhowan.
there is a deficiency of CIWS in India with the licence manufacturing of the AK 630 systems having just commenced.
CIWS would only be available by 2017, leaving the ship vulnerable to air attacks.
Vikramaditya will not even have a surface-to-air missile defence system on board for long range protection. This System can only be fitted on board the Vikramaditya by 2016 at the earliest.

INS Vikramaditya won't have air defence system for now - Indian Express

So how many MiG-29Ks will it going to carry and how many the Gorshkof carries???

Vikrant will carry 12 NMIG29s single & double seater + 8 single & double NLCA + 10 Different types of helos(primarily providers of limited AWACS capability, anti sub warfare & search & rescue type) in standard formation.
While vikramaditya is scheduled to carry total of 16 heavy class fighters(12 single seat + 4 Double seater MIG 29s) or 10 to 12 NMIGs & 5 to 8 NLCA + 10 Helos(same as stated for Vikrant + 6 KA ones & 4 Dhruvs) for fleet defense.

My guess will be that in a war scenario Vikrant will be responsible for attacking the targets while Viki will be providing top cover to the fleet. Due to same type of hardware being used by both they can handle the targets quite efficiently. Also as per latest news VIKI will not have air defense system available for short time. So it will be getting extra protection by destroyers in near future against air threats.

The carrier, currently undergoing final trials in Russia, will not have an air defence system when it begins its long journey to Indian shores in November and would be retrofitted with a close in weapon system (CIWS) only after its first refit or servicing in an Indian shipyard, according to Vice Chief of Navy Staff Vice Admiral R K Dhowan.
there is a deficiency of CIWS in India with the licence manufacturing of the AK 630 systems having just commenced.
CIWS would only be available by 2017, leaving the ship vulnerable to air attacks.
Vikramaditya will not even have a surface-to-air missile defence system on board for long range protection. This System can only be fitted on board the Vikramaditya by 2016 at the earliest.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/ins-vikramaditya-wont-have-air-defence-system-for-now/1150500/

I believe what Abingdonboy has said already is logical. That every jet will take off only when it has achieved full power. Now jet with full load will take the longer route while jet with lower wight will cover short space to take off, no matter whether it's LCA or MIGs. Also for the record MIGs can't take off in below 160 meter space.

INS Vikrant is supposed to carry upto 30 aircrafts, of which mostly 20 will be aircrafts and a 10 will be helis.
So, it can carry some 20 MiG-29ks. It can accomodate a max of 12 MiG-29ks in the flight deck.

Ex-soviet carrier Admiral Gorshkov is not known to carry any MiG-29ks.

INS Vikramaditya,formerly Admiral Gorshkov ,can carry a max of 26 aircrafts,out of which 16 will be MiG-29ks and rest helos.

6-741206.jpg

I guess that the short takeoff position is for Mig-29 & the long for LCA.:coffee:

Somebody have any idea????

Both can use them but if they are full loaded then they would takeoff from ski jump & if they are only routine sortie with less load then they can use long runway.

I believe what Abingdonboy has said already is logical. That every jet will take off only when it has achieved full power. Now jet with full load will take the longer route while jet with lower wight will cover short space to take off, no matter whether it's LCA or MIGs. Also for the record MIGs can't take off in below 160 meter space.

my guess is that may be they'll use two take off positions for two consecutive launches.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom