What's new

Navy Schematics Of 1st Indigenous Aircraft Carrier

I think we should for get N-LCA for now and may be able to see on IAC-3, So it means that about 20 MiG-29Ks and 10 Helicopters will be stationed on it. So what are these helicopters and their capabilities and operations on carriers.

Does IN has support group which normal carrier has and known as Battle Group, having:
1 Carrier
3 Destroyers/ 5 Frigates
1 Tanker Ship supplying Fuel and supplies
1 Jet Fuel Tanker Ship
1 N-Submarine

The Indian Navy's Carrier Battle Group usually consists of two destroyers (usually of the Delhi class) and two or more frigates, (usually a combination of Brahmaputra, Talwar or Shivalik classes) , one fuel tanker and one support ship.

Italian and Brazilian AC are old and almost not fitted for todays war. why not any advance navy have such big guns on thr AC? French navy AC's 20 mm cannons are fine , cause they are small , light weight and have nice rate for fire , which 76MM gun is too bulky ( 7 ton each) , have slow rate of fire , and the range is not more then 20km( as per wiki) so I doubt they would be any use in ground support role . a navel gun such a slow rate of fire can take down a fighter plane I really doubt that , I can be wrong though.

7 ton isn't much of a weight, a single AK 630 CIWS system weighs 9+ tons.

OTO Melara fires a 76 MM round,you must be knowing the destruction caused by 40mm bofors round,used in AC-130 gun ships.
For a 76MM round,the given rate of fire is fantastic.

It must be ideal for surface to surface roles and surface to air role (flakes) ,as a last line of defence though.

I think we should for get N-LCA for now and may be able to see on IAC-3, So it means that about 20 MiG-29Ks and 10 Helicopters will be stationed on it. So what are these helicopters and their capabilities and operations on carriers.

Does IN has support group which normal carrier has and known as Battle Group, having:
1 Carrier
3 Destroyers/ 5 Frigates
1 Jet Fuel Tanker Ship
1 N-Submarine

1.N-LCA will be progressively included in the IN carriers as it enters service by 2016.

2.The helis currently used by the navy on its carrier INS Viraat are:

HAL Chetak

images

Role:Utility.
INS viraat can launch upto 7 HAL Chetaks at the same time.

Westland Sea King

Sea+Harrier+aircrafts+fly+past+Indian+Navy%2527s+a  ircraft+carrier+INS+ViraatIndian+Navy%2527s+aircra  ft+carrier+Mumbai+harbour++operational+demonstrati  on+President%2527+derrby+bvr+aam+%25283%2529.jpg

role: Transport,ASW

Kamov Ka-31

images

role:Early warning

KA-27

Ka-28_Indian_Navy.jpg

role:ASW

@Nishan_101:these videos will give you an idea about India's carrier ops.

Last edited by a moderator:
7 ton isn't much of a weight, a single AK 630 CIWS system weighs 9+ tons.

It fires a 76 MM round,you must be knowing the destruction caused by 40mm bofors round,used in AC-130 gun ships.
For a 76MM round,the given rate of fire is fantastic.

It must be ideal for surface to surface roles and surface to air role (flakes) ,as a last line of defence though.

Sorry, but it fires 30 MM rounds. You are probably confusing with the OTO Merala 76 mm main gun found on Brahmaputra class frigates or the AK-176 main gun.

Both KA-28 PL and SEA king have/ongoing modernization on ASW suite i think.

This will keep them relevant for maybe 4-5 years. What the IN desperately needs is the N-MRH ir the S-70B deal to be pushed through. Right now it looks like we can expect the first deliveres only in 2017.

1.N-LCA will be progressively included in the IN carriers as it enters service by 2016.

2.The helis currently used by the navy on its carrier INS Viraat are:

HAL Chetak

images

Role:Utility.
INS viraat can launch upto 7 HAL Chetaks at the same time.

Westland Sea King

Sea+Harrier+aircrafts+fly+past+Indian+Navy%2527s+a  ircraft+carrier+INS+ViraatIndian+Navy%2527s+aircra  ft+carrier+Mumbai+harbour++operational+demonstrati  on+President%2527+derrby+bvr+aam+%25283%2529.jpg

role: Transport,ASW

Kamov Ka-31

images

role:Early warning

KA-27

Ka-28_Indian_Navy.jpg

role:ASW

@Nishan_101:these videos will give you an idea about India's carrier ops.

Beyond 2018-20 the Chetaks and Sea Kings (and just maybe the Ka-28s and 31s) will be phased out of the IN's Fleet Air Arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but it fires 30 MM rounds. You are probably confusing with the OTO Merala 76 mm main gun found on Brahmaputra class frigates or the AK-176 main gun.

i was talking about the OTO Merala itself.

This will keep them relevant for maybe 4-5 years. What the IN desperately needs is the N-MRH ir the S-70B deal to be pushed through. Right now it looks like we can expect the first deliveres only in 2017.

Beyond 2018-20 the Chetaks and Sea Kings (and just maybe the Ka-28s and 31s) will be phased out of the IN's Fleet Air Arm.

i know bro,I just wanted to give hin the current idea.

1 Carrier
3 Destroyers/ 5 Frigates
1 Jet Fuel Tanker Ship
1 N-Submarine

N-LCA is expected to be ready till 2016....you are right the basic aircraft for the vikramaditya was mig-29k as it was signed during the vikramaditya deal but IAC-3 will be too late for the aircraft...LCA will be on vikrant whenever it is ready and will be ready before the IAC-2 is commissioned.

But I think N-LCA won't be ready before 2020 and by that time Mig-29Ks and may be Rafael or F/A E/F Super Hornets, but don't think right about N-LCAs...

But tell me about the possibility of getting some remaining 11 Austin class LPDs from USA with upgrades??? That is the biggest Naval deal with USA...

But I think N-LCA won't be ready before 2020 and by that time Mig-29Ks and may be Rafael or F/A E/F Super Hornets, but don't think right about N-LCAs...

But tell me about the possibility of getting some remaining 11 Austin class LPDs from USA with upgrades??? That is the biggest Naval deal with USA...

Your thinking...:hitwall:

No way Rafale not Rafael and F 18 in our AC's for now as these two carriers are STOBAR not CATOBAR carriers. And hell why we are going to buy austin class LPDs. There are no plan exists. So don't ask stupid questions anymore.

As far as I know INS Vikrant has some sort of CIWS though don't know for sure what system it is and 76/62 SRGM is complementing it.

INS Vikrant will have 18 MIG 29 Ks + 3 K31 helis + 6 number of naval versiobn Dhruv's/Rudras and maybe 2 anty sub helis

for protection naval version of maitri 4 X CIWS % maybe 3 X 76/62 SRGMs

Back
Top Bottom