What's new

National Air Defense Command (NADCOM) - Updates & Discussions.

is a news piece from prasun, i forgot how many times he's been wrong on pak defence inductions. Just LOL.

is a news piece from prasun, i forgot how many times he's been wrong on pak defence inductions. Just LOL.
He has been wrong god-knows-how-many-times on Indian defense inductions as well.

Pakistan has acquired LY-80 SAM sys .from China

LY-80 LOMADS missile.JPG

Source: Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions. | Page 100

That is what me and Oscar were debating. PA believes manpads and Oerlikons would suffice. Army needs to have it's own MR SAM.

True, PA must al least have truck or tank mounted SL version of SD-10 & PL-10 with support systems in NCW environment backed by good CIWS mobile systems in case fist tier fails or weapons fired from enemy has to be intercepted.

That is what me and Oscar were debating. PA believes manpads and Oerlikons would suffice. Army needs to have it's own MR SAM.

There has been a change in the mindsets of our Senior Officers. There is a consensus that modern LR SAM Systems are required to counter the threat from an increasingly menacing threat the IAF represents.

This is why FT2000 and HQ-9 batteries were procured. Negotiations have been ongoing for a while to procure HQ-18 batteries, PAF likes the product and has tested it. Unfortunately, funds were diverted to upgrade PA's COIN capabilities and further investment into the JF17 program putting this project on the back burner.

There has been a change in the mindsets of our Senior Officers. There is a consensus that modern LR SAM Systems are required to counter the threat from an increasingly menacing threat the IAF represents.

This is why FT2000 and HQ-9 batteries were procured. Negotiations have been ongoing for a while to procure HQ-18 batteries, PAF likes the product and has tested it. Unfortunately, funds were diverted to upgrade PA's COIN capabilities and further investment into the JF17 program putting this project on the back burner.

Sir, even if HQ-9 and FT-2000 systems were procured, they were too limited in number. We need a full spectrum coverage on the eastern front. That means starting with the south in Karachi/Kutch area to LOC in AJK.

Can you confirm the bold part?

I wonder why topic has not been edited as its 40km range not 70km range

It is my personal belief that, a LR-SAM is much more important in army, rather then airforce. An airforce already have enough assets for anti-air role.

And Man-Pads are good, but only against helicopter.

No that is not true, we successfully test against fighter plane

I had a question, when they say , that a country purchased a battery of SAM , or 20 batteries etc
Just how many Units (Delivery Units) and how many missiles in general are part of that package ?

Is there a standard , 1 Battery = One Unit = 4-5 missiles

Example :
Is this 1 Battery ? , if so its only covering mere 3.5 km range a true air defence can only be attained with combination of SAMs and Anti Aircraft guns etc
%2BChinese%2BHQ-16%2B%2BLY-80%2BMedium%2BRange%2BSurface%2BTo%2BAir%2BMissile%2B%28SAM%29%2BSystem%2B%281%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom