What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Just 3 batteries means that its for parameter defense of HVTs.

might be or might it be possible that its initial ordered batch as number of radar vehicles are '8' & as per sys requirements only one radar vehicle is required in conjection with Tracking & Radar guidance vehicles.

LY-80E MR-SAM-3.jpg

Last edited:
sirs @fatman17 , @Horus since yesterday i am not able to read any posts on this website. The content written by posters is not visible to me. Please help me overcome this problem. I have been coming to this site almost everyday since many years. I feel like handicaped all of a sudden. Help!!

@fatman17 @Horus even my own post is not visible to me. Has something changed on this site like my previlages having been curtailed. Will someone tell me what is going on.
Mods please help me?!

sirs @fatman17 , @Horus since yesterday i am not able to read any posts on this website. The content written by posters is not visible to me. Please help me overcome this problem. I have been coming to this site almost everyday since many years. I feel like handicaped all of a sudden. Help!!

only mods can help...

Air Platforms
IDEAS 2014: Nigeria 'close to signing up' for JF-17
Farhan Bokhari, Karachi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

01 December 2014

Nigeria is close to signing up for one or two squadrons of JF-17s, according to Pakistani officials. (IHS/Patrick Allen)

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is close to finalising an order for the purchase of one or two squadrons of the JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft co-produced by Pakistan and China, a senior Pakistani Ministry of Defence official told IHS Jane's on 2 December.

Speaking at the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2014 in Karachi, the official said the NAF finalised its recommendation for the purchase of 25-40 JF-17s after NAF chief air marshal Adesola Nunayon Amosu visited Pakistan in October. AM Amosu's engagements in Pakistan included a visit to the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) at Kamra, north of Islamabad, where the JF-17 is manufactured.

paf-chief-.jpg

PAF chief elected Fellow of Royal Aeronautical Society

• APP
  • November 30, 2014

KARACHI – Pakistan Air Force Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt has been elected Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society in a ceremony held at the PAF Air War College Faisal here on Sunday.

Pakistan Society President Air Marshal (Retd) Salim Arshad, handed over the Diploma of Fellowship to Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, said a press release issued by PAF. While addressing the ceremony, Air Marshal Salim Arshad hoped that the air chief's personal involvement in the work of the society would enhance the standards in all aerospace disciplines in Pakistan.

The award of Fellowship to the Air Chief by the prestigious Royal Aeronautical Society is the recognition of his outstanding contribution to the Aerospace Industry. This award has not only elevated his stature but also brought laurels to the country in general and Pakistan Air Force in particular.

Addressing the audience, the air chief said, “I thank the Royal Aeronautical Society for electing me as fellow of the society. It's almost one and a half century that the society has been contributing significantly towards aviation industry like it did in World War II by putting together aviation experts to advise for advancements. Few years ago the society had started simulating emergencies to devise emergency procedures for the safer future of aviators.

As Pakistan has embarked upon the journey of indigenisation by producing aircraft's like K-8 and JF-17 (Thunder), so she has to take advantage of the concept of integrating think tanks and experts of aviation.” On this occasion the Royal Aeronautical Society also displayed a presentation on the evolution of aeronautical industry during the last 100 years.

The ceremony was attended by senior officers of the Armed Forces, Civil Aviation Authority, senior executives of Airlines, Members of the Royal Aeronautical Society in Pakistan and prominent people from all walks of life.

Back
Top Bottom