What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aur Monkey would you mind telling us why you're still an ANP supporter after what Bilour did to the Railways ? If you really are into Pashtoon Nationalism & all of that then might I suggest Mahmood Khan Achakzai as a better choice !

A lot of people pretend they don't speak it as they think it makes them look like paindus especially in cities.

Of course I don't care and love it.

****, we got some Afghans with a restaurant on the outskirts of Bahawalpur and even they can speak pretty teight Punjabi.

You are right.

Many Punjabi households started speaking urdu in their houses in order to teach urdu to their children because at one time urdu represented modernity. Urdu though picked up considerably in this manner.

Now, urdu is being replaced by English as a sign of modernity

Punjabi get evolved along with me.i gonna teach it in some univ some day...........:smitten:

If you want to learn the Punjabi being spoken in Faisalabad, go to Jullundur. Same accent.

You are right.

Many Punjabi households started speaking urdu in their houses in order to teach urdu to their children because at one time urdu represented modernity. Urdu though picked up considerably in this manner.

Now, urdu is being replaced by English as a sign of modernity

Exactly thats something I deeply...deeply resent about us Punjabis ! We look down upon our own language as if it is a 'lesser' language.

Zarvin & Phoenix babes..itnaa chup chup kiyun ? :what:

Exactly thats something I deeply...deeply resent about us Punjabis ! We look down upon our own language as if it is a 'lesser' language.

Zarvin & Phoenix babes..itnaa chup chup kiyun ? :what:

I don't.

And neither does my family.

Mixed marriages are occurring in Pakistan, and Urdu is bonding language. That is also another reason.

Aur Monkey would you mind telling us why you're still an ANP supporter after what Bilour did to the Railways ? If you really are into Pashtoon Nationalism & all of that then might I suggest Mahmood Khan Achakzai as a better choice !

excellent...indeed achakzai is better...i only support ANP's basic ideology..in governament they are as much corrupt as PPP....

I don't.

Mixed marriages are occurring in Pakistan, and Urdu is bonding language. That is also another reason.

Agreed.

Urdu is a bonding language for the whole of Pakistan.

It has become a true national language - and it is not a native language of any part of Pakistan. This is the beauty.

There are very few places where Urdu in some format is not spoken.

It is indeed remarkable.

I don't.

You're from the village ! I'm talking about the 'so-called' educated elites of our cities who think imitating the American accent & blabbering away in English 24/7 gives them a bigger pool of neurons than the rest of us to draw from. Even my friends in school & college, ethnic Punjabis, couldn't speak more than a few broken sentences in the language. Thats the love for 'our language' for you.

And Urdu is 'our language' there can be no doubt about that ! But lets not forget Punjabi in the process...you honestly tell me how many people do you think can quote Baba Bulleh Shah out there in the streets of Lahore except the ones who've heard a musical rendition of that oft-sung Qafi of his ? I don't think many can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom