What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
And by the way @Aeronaut how many military professionals are there on PDF !

@A.Rafay sir im ok!
@dronedevta
why do you hindus start worshipping everything and anything? Im not trolling just asking!
@Talon
ma'am u work in a biolab na?

Being atheist hindu, I don't know why people from abrahamic faiths have problem with polytheism of hindus?
No where in hindu scripture it is written that 'Polytheism is prohibited'. Religions are more of leap of faith rather than concrete scientific evidences, It's my freedom to believe in Polytheism or Monotheism or Atheism or equating Sachin with god unless somebody gives me some concrete evidence of existence of single supernatural deity.

@haviZsultan and all naswarians!
I wish every one could imagine how depressed people directly related to army get because of this current trend of army bashing and tries to make pakarmy
{{general v.s soldier}}!! This is what my great grand dad used to say who died fighting fascism as a soldier "divide the ranks destroy the army"

Yeah, I know how hard it must be. I do not mind actually, its just another institution and pointing a problem helps any institution fix itself but the ones doing it-thats what worries me and they are doing it just to bash the army. Especially what worries me is the level of politicization of those making these posts. For example PPP supporters and PMLN ones. A look into history will tell us Nawaz was Chief Minister under Zia and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was foreign minister under Ayub and later supported by Yahya Khan. So basically when those supported by military once are bashing army the best thing to do is ignore them.

But I do not think we should see this as a problem. Some mistakes were committed by all of us. Better to accept them. Historically I have always been with the army, even supported Musharraf in the old days.

Bibi - Zaroor koi wahayat kisam ke post ho gi

I guess people are lucky they did not meet us guys in Canada.

You cant troll the trolls, can you? :butcher:

I am on the verge of a major discovery-Do you know what? :D

should be with some positive aim, still way to go!

Sometimes I have no clue how to reply because I don't understand the post you have made. What is "still way to go?"

Sometimes I get the feeling you don't like me much though. :D
Is it true batman? I never said anything bad about you. I just joke around a lot.

BTW congratulations. Qadri got something in the end at least.

Being atheist hindu, I don't know why people from abrahamic faiths have problem with polytheism of hindus?
No where in hindu scripture it is written that 'Polytheism is prohibited'. Religions are more of leap of faith rather than concrete scientific evidences, It's my freedom to believe in Polytheism or Monotheism or Atheism or equating Sachin with god unless somebody gives me some concrete evidence of existence of single supernatural deity.

Well, Monotheism says no GOD but 1....so we can not udnerstand MANY DIFFERENT GODS then we have these other Hindus who claim that ALL HINDUS will tell u 1 god...then there are your types who have no prob with Polytheism...THAT itself is confusing!

He deleted my TOP SECRET INFO on how to clone!

Can someone clone a live version of my sisters teddy-bear? Just so that it scares her when it talks. :devil:

@haviZsultan : Jo puuchaa thaaa uss ka tou jawab nahin diyaaa aur jisss ka meriii posts se koiii link hiii nahin usss peee eik paragraph likhhh maraaa ! :blink:

But good info & good luck with the book ! :kiss3:

I didn't get anything. Did you send a PM?

:undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:

@Hyperion , @Talon now i understand! @Aeronaut is deleting everything zoology related ! Ill still ask @Talon what should i preserve of my cat so i can clone him when it becomes commercial. And BTW nothing happend to my cat after eating choclate!

We have atheists in Pakistan too. My exclusive article-

Militancy & Intolerance causing a rise in Atheism in Pakistan

"To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"
Newton

As I have been writing my book, Badal one of the primary concepts I have been promoting is that a single act of injustice leads to a never-ending cycle of violence that is near impossible to stop. In the same way it is smart to assume every action results in a reaction.

Perhaps it's true that until the government doesn't stop being seen as a US stooge and fighting a fruitless war in the North-West the Taliban won't stop their attacks. A reaction to an action, you may say-brutal of course but still a reaction. However there are even reactions to reactions.

In recent years there has been a rise in atheism in Pakistan. I have increasingly come to hear from and personally engage with more and more Pakistani atheists over the years. All have 'converted' from Islam. Most of these atheists cite reasons of intolerance, fanaticism and terrorism as the primary causes for giving up on their faith though there are some who were simply non-religious from the very beginning.

In other words the atheists are reactionaries to reactionaries. Fanaticism and terrorism has made them what they are just as current American policy has turned many into terrorists.

To understand the rise of atheism we must in essence explore the word itself and understand its meaning. Atheism means "Disbelief in, or denial of, the existence of a god." So since the atheists were Muslims before this means they are people who have lost or given up their belief in the existence of God. But atheists sometimes describe themselves in a different way.

"Basically an atheist is someone who has lost his faith in God, just in the 'righteousness' of God, not necessarily his existence. That's how I see myself," says Ali, a 20 year old student.

"How did you become an atheist?" I ask.

"Well it was always the party lifestyle for me from the beginning. Drinking, dancing, you name it. I just never felt the same way about religion as others."

Party lifestyle, I wondered. Almost all of those who identify themselves as Atheists belong to the affluent upper or upper-middle classes."How much did militancy, terrorism and intolerance have a role in you choosing atheism?" I asked. "Is terrorism the reason you left Islam?"

"Somewhat," Ali replies. "I just can't understand why these Mullahs were so intolerant. I can't understand what these terrorists seek to achieve by their violence. When I saw these people killing innocents around me I felt loathing not just for the terrorists but also with myself because I shared something in common with them. I guess I wanted to be as far apart from them as possible. That was part of the reason I chose to be an atheist."

Such reactions to the Taliban and their quest to impose religion on the entire population are rare but increasing. That's why I have always claimed imposing religion never works. In Ali's case it has done exactly the opposite of what it wished to achieve. It has driven a person away from religion instead of bringing him closer.

"I am not trying to offend you but I feel terrorism may kill off Islam," Ali says.

"Of course those are your personal views..." I began, trying not to sound too offended. After all I do happen to be a Muslim, though I am not by any means a terrorist sympathizer.

No, it's true. When you kill innocent people you create a sense of antipathy for your religion. I mean I am not religious but I think it's something the Mullah's should watch out for, people being driven from their religion due to terrorism. Someone has to start condemning terrorism before it causes some massive reaction."

Atheism is an opposite reaction to the strife and the destruction taking place in our country in the name of religion. After our conversation I thought back on Ali's reasons. Maybe it was true. Maybe the terrorism was causing people to loathe Islam, not just within our own society but outside too. Muslims today have a much bigger job countering opinions of them as terrorists.

I have always pondered over this and have thought if we Muslims are just a little more tolerant we can do a much better job countering hate against ourselves. Plus it would leave a better image in the minds of people about our religion.

Another atheist I contacted prefers to remain anonymous. Not strange considering the intolerance prevalent in Pakistani society. He talks about how he gradually grew distant from his religion and beautifully describes the turning points that made him an atheist.

"My friend wanted me to be more religious," he says eventually coming to the problems he has faced as an atheist. "She tried to prove God's existence but failed."

A number of questions shot through my head. "Why couldn't your friend just accept you were non-religious?" I wondered. "Do you think it was right for her to impose her beliefs?" I didn't ask any of them. Instead I encouraged him onwards though I did display my disdain at his friend's quest to impose religion.

"After this she decided she didn't want to be friends."

"So if you're not a Muslim, you cannot be a friend" I said to myself, appalled. That moment I realized just how hard it must be to be a minority in our country. Atheists went against the norms in society and made themselves targets of bias and discrimination. They must have some strong conviction to do that.

It set the wheels in my mind turning again. Trying to impose religion only distanced the person further and further from Islam. Shouldn't we try to abandon this fruitless quest to convert everyone to our thinking and rather concentrate on winning people over with honourable and true intentions and actions?

The conversation carried on and it appeared sharing his atheist beliefs, opinions and conviction's is no easier for him. "At least three friends distanced themselves from me when I shared this," He refers to atheism as "this" unlike other atheists, probably in fear of what it means.

My anonymous friend was too afraid to say it in the fear of offending me somehow but I understood how sad his 'friends not being friends anymore' must have made him. It was like having a black mark on him forever. As long as he was anything but a 'Muslim' he would always be treated differently.

However as the conversation continued he did mention how frustrating things were for him. "I've told a few close friends and they feel repelled. It's worse than being a Hindu or Christian."

As long as intolerance, fanaticism and bigotry remains ingrained in our thinking we can expect to see more and more atheists-again a reaction to intolerance. It proves one thing beyond doubt. That trying to impose religion never works but can rather cause the opposite of what it seeks to achieve.

The purpose of militants has been to bring Muslims closer to their religion but their actions are causing exactly the opposite reaction. Some people, annoyed with the violence the militants are preaching are turning away from Islam despite the guaranteed fact that they are going to suffer bias and discrimination as a consequence.

Meanwhile my anonymous friend says nervously, "I was and to some extent still am afraid of becoming an atheist.

Needless to say I understand the fear of "becoming an atheist". It means you will forever be mistreated and your rights ignored. Pakistani society does not go easy on atheists and Non-Muslims. If atheists have come out and spoken about their experiences it is a truly remarkable feat for them. It takes courage to admit to being something that is despised in society.

Let's hope tolerance prevails and we leave at least the atheists out of the violence that has befallen Hindus and Christians in the past.

Militancy & Intolerance causing a rise in Atheism in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom