What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys piss me off. Look at me. Even on weekend, I've been constantly working for the past 12 hours, phoning people, closing deals all over the world, and yet still being able to post replies to you people moaning. :P

When you want to do something, just do it. I'm sure all of you can find enough time to visit Naswarabad, once or twice a day. :D

You guys piss me off. Look at me. Even on weekend, I've been constantly working for the past 12 hours, phoning people, closing deals all over the world, and yet still being able to post replies to you people moaning. :P
When you want to do something, just do it. I'm sure all of you can find enough time to visit Naswarabad, once or twice a day. :D
Haan haan humein pata hai tu khoob note chaap raha hai aur in masoomon ka time waste kar raha hai. :D

BTW on a serious note, I said the same thing, you can do all your work along with PDF.

Yara, btw, once upon a time I also tried to leave PDF! :D

Haan haan humein pata hai tu khoob note chaap raha hai aur in masoomon ka time waste kar raha hai. :D

BTW on a serious note, I said the same thing, you can do all your work along with PDF.

I usually say make a sub project and add the person but no way is anyone touching my work! All they do is do it quicker than me as though it is a competition (Yea I am a bit slow but at least my data is MOSTLY right) and screw more than half the samples through contamination!

Hmmmm...you are saying true...even sometimes,your partner will create what will you tell them...but they won't be able to create conepts of their own...what happened with me in my project.....it was quite similer.....thats why next time...my professor clearly announced that only one student can go with me and they are too clever that they give junior student that partnership...because they knew that I will asusual create and work hard on reasearch and conception on my project and then in the end other will argue with me that they wan't to lead:azn:

Yara, btw, once upon a time I also tried to leave PDF! :D

no way....mera itna lagta hai yahan k mujhay MSC k liye 2 saal yahn se ghayab hona paray ga!:smitten:

Well, I have been to UK Uni...I advice you not to go to them...They are more for money than for proper research...Esp masters students are not given much importance...Either a BSc or a PhD is given importance while a masters student is just in the way!

For European unis, prof work in a network, so yes like @<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=136502" target="_blank">KRAIT</a></u> said ask any of your RELIABLE professors

Approach the ones who have common interest as you and ask them if they know ANYONE in the work YOU are interested in...

Usually applying to any lab, check their publications, if the last publication is older than 5 years, do not apply there..chances are that lab is either having a tough time finding funding hence, you might not learn much except the BASIC techniques and will waste your time...

Those labs which have good funding sources are recent publications are the ones to target!

And make sure you are not all a book worm and ACTUALLY know what you are talking about! RATTAFICATION will not work!

And confidence and a 5 year plan after studies are 2 IMPORTANT things which professors look for!

Oye, if you find difficult to get lab, why don't you ask your prof. to send you at some internship. As you said you want to go to Finland, apply where you can have more research facilities.

Bwahahaha, Armstrong and Marshmallow took a long leave from PDF.

Nope, there isn't too much to go on...Surely not enough to make a publication! Most of the publications and data are concise and people usually work on annual crops as Arabidopsis is easy to work on BUT it is an annual crop...I am working on Perennial crop...

Plus I am not interested in reporting something that is already in papers...In Europe it is taken very lightly and wont land in a good journal! I do not want to waste my time on that! In fact for BSc students doing that is like the last straw and many prof avoid it!

Plus I have 2 and a half years to produce 3 papers!

I didn't mean take someone else work. You can infer and check your theory from their data. Well, may be in your field its not that easy.

2 1/2 years, well you have a lot of time then. :D

Enjoy karo.

Uff khudaya! I don't think you got ANY of things that I said!

I know in India and Pakistan publications are produced like peanuts and people go piggy back by writing everyones names on everyones papers! Which I personally find disgusting!

Another thing I have noticed in our Indian colleagues (here I do not have Pakistani colleagues but I assume it would be same in Pakistanis) is that they are soo damn secretive about their research! I know back home someone might steal it...here it is not the case in fact many of my local friends find them WEIRD AND ANNOYING!

Another thing is the way they behave, they take ALL THE SPACE without the willingness to share! Seriously! I know you have alot to research but so does the rest of the lab!

We have 1 Indian and everyone refers to him as the hoarder! He will pop his samples in all PCRs (We have like 10 or so just for our lab) and pop all his previous PCR in the gels (we only have 2 gel tanks that has become a problem) because this guy is sooo interested in using all the facilities that he does everything quickly and wrongly and is repeating since October!

So, if you are asking me to be like him...am sorry it is pointless to accumulate data just because of your hording abilities! And I RATHER work slowly as my Hitler supervisor saw what was happening and told me to take it slow!

Hahahaha...didn't mean that. Not a single bit. Never like unoriginal work.

What I am telling is what you can try. Good to know you are not like those. I also see such people.

Many laughed at me why I am hell bent on original idea and not publish like other Indian and Chinese people.

Don't get me wrong, Don't become like them, do original work , you will get published for sure. But target good journals only. Min. 2 Impact factor.

Can I dedicate a song to this conversation?:

Now anyone heard of PM's, facebook, gmail, hotmail, messenger skype for conversations where annoying third parties (in this case, me) do not exist? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom