What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this is good....i havn't plan yet.....but i have i have keep following options in my mind:
Organic chemistry,microbiology,genetics,food and sciences,nuclear chemistry(Wallah alam bis sawab)

Huh? What was your BSc in and what is your aim?

Wow this is good....i havn't plan yet.....but i have i have keep following options in my mind:
Organic chemistry,microbiology,genetics,food and sciences,nuclear chemistry(Wallah alam bis sawab)

Then increase you lab work. Don't depend on anyone. When you do research its you and guide. Don't even consider another one. Of course you have to work with them but self work is damn important. You have to do hell lot of reading of recent publications.

Don't consider your Prof. Hitler. Work that much that your prof says slow down. :D

One of my professor told me once you get into research you read at least one journal article like a newspaper in the morning.

Start your thesis work now, otherwise you won't be able to compile it all. Get your papers organized. Increase your study hours. No movies, no fun. Just 1 or 2 hours of rest while you are awake. Only 6 hours of sleep.

Forget PDF, friends, who ruined your work. Kick them all out. :enjoy:

You should reach to brink of insanity. :D

I sucessfully lead my college in science project:Nuclear reacter core and out of 8 colleges my group recieved first prize!

Good, ask Talon, Skull and BOnes, they are in active research and the other guy is already applying. Get in touch of your seniors in college so that they can guide you. Seniors are the best guide, believe me.

BIOLOGY MAINLY I HAVE PLANNED MICROBIOLOGY AS MAIN SUBJECT...BUT IN CASE NOT THEN I WILL TRY IN NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY OR GENETICS....RIGHT NOW EVEN ADDMISSION DATES ARE NOT EVEN ANNOUNCED...MY RESULT WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS JUNE INSHALLAH!

I sucessfully lead my college in science project:Nuclear reacter core and out of 8 colleges my group recieved first prize!
Let us know what help you need. Hope we can guide you.

Good, ask Talon, Skull and BOnes, they are in active research and the other guy is already applying. Get in touch of your seniors in college so that they can guide you. Seniors are the best guide, believe me.

Yes I do believe you...and truthfully,I have no idea about research right now.... @Talon,it would be lovely if you guide me about research!

Let us know what help you need. Hope we can guide you.
thank you krait! I really need help..P.S GIVE ME SOME TIPS ABOUT SERIOUS RESEARCHES

Last edited by a moderator:
BIOLOGY MAINLY I HAVE PLANNED MICROBIOLOGY AS MAIN SUBJECT...BUT IN CASE NOT THEN I WILL TRY IN NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY OR GENETICS....RIGHT NOW EVEN ADDMISSION DATES ARE NOT EVEN ANNOUNCED...MY RESULT WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS JUNE INSHALLAH!

BIOLOGY to nuclear Chemsitry? You sure you can jump like that?!

Maybe in Pakistan...But if you want to apply overseas, they will ONLY look at your work so far if it is relevant to the field you choose....

Meaning if you have had a successful micrbio projects and modules then you should stick to it and if you do not like it...then go to the field you have the next most achievements in!

Experience as in internships are a bonus so if you are free go get an internship!

Yes I do believe you...and truthfully,I have no idea about research right now.... @Talon,it would be lovely if you guide me about research!
thank you krait! I really need help..P.S GIVE ME SOME TIPS ABOUT SERIOUS RESEARCHES
First and foremost thing. If you are going for research, make sure you have heart for it. its most toughest thing to do. You have to be organized, well balanced about studies and rest of the daily affairs. First prepare a CV, statement of purpose and try to find which professors can write you best Letter of Recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then increase you lab work. Don't depend on anyone. When you do research its you and guide. Don't even consider another one. Of course you have to work with them but self work is damn important. You have to do hell lot of reading of recent publications.

Don't consider your Prof. Hitler. Work that much that your prof says slow down. :D

One of my professor told me once you get into research you read at least one journal article like a newspaper in the morning.

Start your thesis work now, otherwise you won't be able to compile it all. Get your papers organized. Increase your study hours. No movies, no fun. Just 1 or 2 hours of rest while you are awake. Only 6 hours of sleep.

Forget PDF, friends, who ruined your work. Kick them all out. :enjoy:

You should reach to brink of insanity. :D

Well, I have been reading alot of research papers have started my literature review and done 1 part of the lab work with is the basic for the rest...am doing 2nd part of the basic...

You see am supposed to build a molecular map of my crop and then from there narrow in on the gene of interest...To make the map alone, I have to get the markers, test them and run them on 2 populations of 200 plants each! Soo, 1 population done am doing the next population...It is kind of slow because some of the work is done by the sequencers who are ALWAYS busy because everyone gives their works there for genotyping...

Prepare a good synopsis of your research work or that project and contact any professor who work in this field. there are two ways to get a Masters or PhD admission.

One is directly applying to the University, one is to find a professor in foreign university , contact him, tell him about your credentials and why you want to pursue a degree under him and attach your CV and any research work you have done.

Also ask your college professor to tell you any contact they have in other universities. Its a very good approach.

Then when you apply to univ. you can specify why you want to study in that university and under whom. It drastically increases your chances.

BIOLOGY to nuclear Chemsitry? You sure you can jump like that?!

Maybe in Pakistan...But if you want to apply overseas, they will ONLY look at your work so far if it is relevant to the field you choose....

Meaning if you have had a successful micrbio projects and modules then you should stick to it and if you do not like it...then go to the field you have the next most achievements in!

Experience as in internships are a bonus so if you are free go get an internship!

I have only imagined nuclear chem talon..............i am rightnow focousing on genitics and microbiology...secondly in my bio subjects i have also opted PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY,GENERAL,ORGANIC AND ORGANIC!ORGANIC AND PHYSICAL WERE TOUGHEST
SECOND I TALKED ABOUT NUCLEAR CHEM,NOT NUCLEAR PHYSICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom