What's new

Narendra Modi said teach Muslims a lesson: IPS officer

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOl..some of the links are 4 years old. Is that the reason why Pakistan is so close to defaulting on loans? You are too obsessed with other people's lives?

I'm trying to give you an idea of what has been doing as the CM of Gujarat over the years, which is why I'm not just going for the latest data.

Gujarat is a state with less than 10% Muslims.. I am from a state with more than 25% (kerala)..

I cant help laughing at this claim by people saying of discrimination against them in India... But like always.. whatever that makes them happy.:mps:

Exclusive: Modi deprives poor Muslims of scholarship - Politics News - IBNLive

New Delhi: More than 50,000 poor minority students in Gujarat have been reportedly denied central scholarship.

This report has once again put Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a spot.

His is the only state government in the country which is not willing to bear 25 per cent share of the central-sponsored pre matric scholarship scheme for the minorities.

The Centre gives around Rs 22 lakh scholarships for poor Muslims students, of which more than Rs 57,000 is earmarked for Gujarat alone.
Every child whose parents earn less than Rs 1 lakh per annum is entitled to this scholarship and can get an amount between Rs 800 to Rs 1500.

Last year the Gujarat government wrote to the Centre that such schemes based on minority status of a community will not help in the country’s development.

This year again, despite of repeated reminders, the state government has not earmarked any money which means the minority students will remain deprived of their due.

“This is unconstitutional,” says Congress spokesperson, Abhishek Manu Singhvi.

This scholarship scheme is a part of Prime Minister’s 15 point programme for minorities and Gujarat is the only state opposing it.

I'm trying to give you an idea of what has been doing as the CM of Gujarat over the years, which is why I'm not just going for the latest data.

No you are not. I can give you links for ACTUAL development in Gujarat. Hard facts, data, not some guys personal beliefs. Modi/Gujarat has been praised by both PM and Finance minister on more than one occasion. Now the actual stuff:

Gujarat - Projects and Development
Gujarat - Projects and Development - SkyscraperCity

Exclusive: Modi deprives poor Muslims of scholarship - Politics News - IBNLive

New Delhi: More than 50,000 poor minority students in Gujarat have been reportedly denied central scholarship.

This report has once again put Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a spot.

His is the only state government in the country which is not willing to bear 25 per cent share of the central-sponsored pre matric scholarship scheme for the minorities.

The Centre gives around Rs 22 lakh scholarships for poor Muslims students, of which more than Rs 57,000 is earmarked for Gujarat alone.
Every child whose parents earn less than Rs 1 lakh per annum is entitled to this scholarship and can get an amount between Rs 800 to Rs 1500.

Last year the Gujarat government wrote to the Centre that such schemes based on minority status of a community will not help in the country’s development.

This year again, despite of repeated reminders, the state government has not earmarked any money which means the minority students will remain deprived of their due.

“This is unconstitutional,” says Congress spokesperson, Abhishek Manu Singhvi

This scholarship scheme is a part of Prime Minister’s 15 point programme for minorities and Gujarat is the only state opposing it.

I am pretty sure it's not unconstitutional since state shares the burden. On the other hand, I don't like it. If anyone needs education in India, it's Indian Muslims.

By the way, he is discriminating against all minorities not just Muslims. Someone cleverly ignored that...Look at the headline..So misleading...

Gujarat's debt:

http://www.asianage.com/india/cong-modi-govt-promotes-select-industrialists-803

“I meant that Gujarat government was increasing their public debt and to repay it was levying huge taxes on people of the state.” “Instead of using the loan money for public welfare it is using it to dole out benefits to industrial houses,” he said.

Citing example of the Tata Nano car project, Modhvadia alleged that the state had given benefits of Rs 30,000 crore to the group. He further claimed that the Narendra Modi led government had made Gujarat, the state with highest per head debt.

“When a child is born in a state, he has Rs 18,000 debt over his head,” he added.

Gujarat | DeshGujarat.Com » Archives » Modhvadia’s ‘cow and dog’ remark creates uproar in assembly

Gujarat activists urge Hazare to retract ‘Modi praise’

Mallika Sarabhai said that there had been little development in the rural areas under Modi who had taken away farmlands and handed them to industrialists at throwaway prices. Pointing out that the rural populace had suffered a lot under Modi, she said in her letter that Gujarat had witnessed maximum corruption during Modi’s rule — like Rs17-billion Sujlam-Suflam water conservation scam, the check-dam scam of Rs1.1 billion and the fisheries scam of Rs6 billion. “The state is in terrible debt because of Modi’s largesse to industry”, said Sarabhai.

Good job, we're still on the point of rethinking, & that its likely! Meaning it's not even done yet... bravo.

clapping_hands.gif

Now remind me, how many years has it been since he's been the CM of Gujarat?

Read Post # 231.

Read what? What Congress thinks Modi is doing or some remark about cow? Where are the numbers? Can you actually quote a single economic news? Seriously man, why are you even here? I bet there are websites where Indians are not even allowed and you will feel right at home with constant Modi bashing. If you are here and if you don't even care for opinion and views of actual Indians, you are doing nothing more than trolling then..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom