What's new

In 2002, Narendra Modi taught a lesson to ‘anti-social elements’ in Gujarat, says Amit Shah

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

In 2002, Narendra Modi taught a lesson to ‘anti-social elements’ in Gujarat, says Amit Shah

Scroll Staff Published November 25, 2022 Updated about an hour ago

<p>This file photo shows Indian Home Minister Amit Shah. — Reuters</p>

This file photo shows Indian Home Minister Amit Shah. — Reuters
LISTEN TO ARTICLE1x1.2x1.5x
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said that as chief minister of Gujarat in 2002, Narendra Modi had taught a lesson to “anti-social elements”.
“They tried to create a problem for [Prime Minister] Narendra Bhai [Modi], but he taught them such a lesson that they have not dared to do anything till 2022,” Shah said, while addressing an election rally in Mahudha town of Kheda district. “The BJP government has established peace in Gujarat.”
Large-scale communal violence had erupted in Gujarat in February and March 2002 after the burning of a train coach carrying Hindu devotees in Godhra. Official figures say the riots resulted in the deaths of 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus.
In a video of the Mahudha rally, Shah makes the comment in Gujarati about the 2002 violence after the 16 minute 25 second-mark.

At the rally, Shah also alleged that the Congress incited voters of different religions and castes to clash among each other to bolster its electoral prospects
“During the Congress rule in Gujarat [before 1995], communal riots were rampant,” Shah claimed, according to PTI. “Through such riots, Congress had strengthened its vote bank and did injustice to a large section of the society.”
Assembly polls in Gujarat will be held in two phases on December 1 and December 5 while the results will be declared on December 8 along with the Himachal Pradesh Assembly elections.

This story was originally published on Scroll.in and has been reproduced here with permission.

There is no sense in rehashing this again and again. 20 years have passed. People have died. People have grown up. New generations have been born and learned to live together. I mean I can understand the need felt by Pakistanis, Indian Muslims, Leftists, Congressis, urban naxals, tukde tukde gang, Owaisi types, etc to rake it up again and again. Eventually it will become to India what Bangladesh became to you guys. A part of history everyone wants to forget about, has forgotten about, and moved on.

There is no sense in rehashing this again and again. 20 years have passed. People have died. People have grown up. New generations have been born and learned to live together. I mean I can understand the need felt by Pakistanis, Indian Muslims, Leftists, Congressis, urban naxals, tukde tukde gang, Owaisi types, etc to rake it up again and again. Eventually it will become to India what Bangladesh became to you guys. A part of history everyone wants to forget about, has forgotten about, and moved on.
See u need to remember this massacre, especially the people who lowkey support BJP, either for their anti-Muslim agenda, or for the progress they have made. One day, the wrath of nature would befall Indians for facilitating this monster, so don't complain about your homes , valuables and families when this happens....

See u need to remember this massacre, especially the people who lowkey support BJP, either for their anti-Muslim agenda, or for the progress they have made. One day, the wrath of nature would befall Indians for facilitating this monster, so don't complain about your homes , valuables and families when this happens....

It has already been forgotten and completely lost relevance for the vast majority of the 20 year olds being added to our electorate. Take a poll here and see how many members have been born after 2002. Taking the example of 1971. My late parents lived through that war. I did too but as a few months old infant. For me 1971 secured the future of my country and its security. A once in a hundred years event. For my parents they lived through it. And the night bomber runs. Same with 2002. Already as in the OP you can see the narrative being morphed from communal to law and order. That is how history gets written. The world over.

It has already been forgotten and completely lost relevance for the vast majority of the 20 year olds being added to our electorate. Take a poll here and see how many members have been born after 2002. Taking the example of 1971. My late parents lived through that war. I did too but as a few months old infant. For me 1971 secured the future of my country and its security. A once in a hundred years event. For my parents they lived through it. And the night bomber runs. Same with 2002. Already as in the OP you can see the narrative being morphed from communal to law and order. That is how history gets written. The world over.
Gujarat riots weren't a one off event, but part of a pattern, and that's why it won't be forgotten. See this the way Hindutava crackheads try to enforce their dominance upon Muslims. Those riots didn't happen randomly, they were planned to coincide with Clinton's visit. This way it appears to all that the biggest superpower is in on the act with the perpetrators,and hence there is no escape for Muslims. Same happened with Trump visit and Delhi riots,and this pattern would continue in future, as per need.

I've said my piece. More than what I believe needs to be said. I'm telling you the Indian view. You are of course welcome to your own. But even in Gujarat the muslim 20 year olds have moved on. Keep an eye on the current elections in the state and the things being discussed. And what the muslims are saying. Young and old. Even after that if you want to prop Modi up as the Baba Yaga, there is nothing we can do.

That story of Bilquis Bano sends chills through my spines whenever I think of it

These ghouls should take one thing from the Quran: "And your Lord never forgets”

Every innocent droplet of blood will be avenged, In Shaa Allah

At least, they are not traitors of their nation, which we have in abundance both in military as well as civilians.
They are probably kept at an arm's length since the BJP government.

Last edited:
Did the photos of the charred pilgrims in the train give you chills down your spine too?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fi...se-burnt-alive-inside-train-10388681.html/amp

27 women. 20 children. Is your spine tingling?

You're gonna start a mob and lynch people whenever there's a crime? That's the Vedic way, isn't it? Rape, pillage and then resort to bullshit

Spare me your crap. Let courts do their job. Mob justice is the reserved for the lowest strata of species, of which you folks are a part of.

You're gonna start a mob and lynch people whenever there's a crime? That's the Vedic way, isn't it? Rape, pillage and then resort to bullshit

Spare me your crap. Let courts do their job. Mob justice is the reserved for the lowest strata of species, of which you folks are a part of.

Courts have done their job. It's been 20 years.

You did not answer my question. If your spine tingled for one Bilkis, did it also tingle for the 58 Hindu pilgrims burnt alive by the mob?

27 women. 20 children. 20 years on they still are trying to find identities of the last 11 from the remains.

Back
Top Bottom