What's new

Muslims help build a Hindu temple in Bihar

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Patna: In a shining example of communal harmony, Muslims have helped build a Hindu temple dedicated to Durga in Bihar's Gaya district, not just by making donations but also by supervising its construction.

"Muslims have not only donated money for temple construction, they have been involved in it like us," Suresh Prasad said about the shrine at Loco Colony near the railway station in Gaya town, about 100km from here.

The temple was opened for prayers and worship last week.

‘Active help'

Ashok Kumar, another resident, said: "There was active help from Muslims, all of whom are railway employees. This temple is a symbol of Hindu-Muslim unity as both joined hands to construct it."

One of those involved was Tawhid Alam. "We have been living here for years and taking care of each other. It is a gesture for communal harmony," he said.

He said the foundation of the temple were laid in 2010 and after that Muslims and Hindus of the locality worked together to construct it.

"We joined Hindus to collect donations for temple construction and also supervise construction work," said Mohammad Rafiq, another Muslim resident.

Muslims donated and collected nearly Rs500,000 (Dh37,700), locals said.

Mohammad Sahab said dozens of Muslims donated money and others helped by doing other work for the construction.

Muslims make up around 16 per cent of the 105 million population of Bihar.

Lalji Prasad, a social activist in Gaya, said this move of the Muslims in the construction of the shrine would send a strong message of harmony and peace.

"People active in public life should propagate how Muslims helped build a temple," he said.

gulfnews : Muslims help build a Hindu temple in Bihar

India is living upto its Secular image. Way to go. Cheers.

This are the very many reasons that make us proud Indians. It is going to be tough for some people across the border to understand this coz it creates doubts about their verry existance.

I don't know the real motive or compulsion behind these 'Muslims' for not just donating but assistance in supervision in the construction to the Hindu idol. Maybe they don't want to be persecuted and hunted by the Hindu radical terrorists the likes of RSS and BJP, or whatever, but by this act they have actively supported the very Shirk that Islam negates and abhors. I sincerely hope they repent and get their act straight but till then Laanat on such so called 'Muslims'.

I don't know the real motive or compulsion behind these 'Muslims' for not just donating but assistance in supervision in the construction to the Hindu idol. Maybe they don't want to be persecuted and hunted by the Hindu radical terrorists the likes of RSS and BJP, or whatever, but by this act they have actively supported the very Shirk that Islam negates and abhors. I sincerely hope they repent and get their act straight but till then Laanat on such so called 'Muslims'.

One of those involved was Tawhid Alam. "We have been living here for years and taking care of each other. It is a gesture for communal harmony," he said.

Something your madrasa wahabi mindset cant understand :disagree:

Yeah after destroying and looting thousands of hindu temples, muslims really are showing a changed heart. :lol::lol:

Its like "sau(100) choohe maar kar billi chali haj karne". :rofl::rofl:

One good act won't make muslims saints.

The biggest problem facing Islam today is radicalism.. Its threatening to destroy Islam itself.

and here I find guys like u, who are trying the same against Hinduism!! Please understand that a muslim staying in your neighborhood has no relation to "Aurangzeb"!!! This use of word "THEY" is totally wrong. U know, its like u being accused for something wrong done by your great-great-great-grandfather!!

Moreover, in medieval times, that was an acceptable way of propagating one's religion- Christians did that, Muslims did that!
Today, no sane person would advocate such a thing...

Before accusing me of anything, plz ask all other Hindu Indians on this forum, and u'll see how many support u.....
Dear friend, the greatness of Hinduism has been in co-existence... We MUST not get radicalised. And please remember, those muslims in Bihar have come up and helped the hindus because the hindus, in spite of being majority, have not tried to terrorize or subvert the muslims. PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE- that's the mantra of Nitish ji, and we all need to learn that....

Can we not apperciate a good gesture without looking for wheels within wheels ?

The subcontinent has remained together for centuries thanks to communal harmony.

Yeah Right... I am glad I don't understand this sort of communal harmony where a believer in the Oneness of GOD would have to go opposite 180 degrees to help construct a pagan temple.

Idol worshipping is considered to be the height(or depth) of Shirk in Islam. And I for one am, by the Grace of the ONE and TRUE LORD, a Muslim.

May ALLAH guide us all to the straight path. Ameen

Yeah Right... I am glad I don't understand this sort of communal harmony where a believer in the Oneness of GOD would have to go opposite 180 degrees to help construct a pagan temple.

Idol worshipping is considered to be the height(or depth) of Shirk in Islam. And I for one am, by the Grace of the ONE and TRUE LORD, a Muslim.

Ever heard of Kabir or Sai Baba who spoke of Allah and Bhagwan as the same thing? guess not

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Where Kabir rests, it’s Hindu vs Muslim again - Indian Express

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

You should watch this to educate your narrow mind

Last edited by a moderator:

Does any religion tell its followers not to help another ?

The biggest problem facing Islam today is radicalism.. Its threatening to destroy Islam itself.

and here I find guys like u, who are trying the same against Hinduism!! Please understand that a muslim staying in your neighborhood has no relation to "Aurangzeb"!!! This use of word "THEY" is totally wrong. U know, its like u being accused for something wrong done by your great-great-great-grandfather!!

Moreover, in medieval times, that was an acceptable way of propagating one's religion- Christians did that, Muslims did that!
Today, no sane person would advocate such a thing...

Before accusing me of anything, plz ask all other Hindu Indians on this forum, and u'll see how many support u.....
Dear friend, the greatness of Hinduism has been in co-existence... We MUST not get radicalised. And please remember, those muslims in Bihar have come up and helped the hindus because the hindus, in spite of being majority, have not tried to terrorize or subvert the muslims. PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE- that's the mantra of Nitish ji, and we all need to learn that....

Your thoughts are both noble and true, without any doubt. But does this PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE theory supported by islam and islamists?? You must note that india boasts its secularism only because her hindus are secular, had this been other way around, all hindus would have to follow sharia laws. And note the comments posted by pakistanis, it seems they can't find even a single good thing in this act by bihari muslims, instead they are sending LAANAT at them. Muslin can't be peaceful until peace is forced upon them. Muslims in gujrat are right now peaceful only because peace is forced upon them, otherwise incidents like godhra happened everyday.

Back
Top Bottom