What's new

Muslim joining the US military

Fair enough mate, but the poster may not want to be an officer at this stage. It sounds like he wants to be a marine.
Actually after looking at that pic of the F35(to me its looks like a piece of art) maybe he should enlist as an officer.
Whatever this guy decides I wish him all the best.
The USMC's core belief is that EVERY Marine is first a rifleman. Even pilots have a stint of being in charge of rifle platoons...

Careers in the Military ::
Marine Officers are first trained to lead as rifle platoon commanders...
This is to give pilots a taste of what their ground troops goes through in combat. This also give them an appreciation of what NCOs can do. All this talk about how enlisted are stupid and uneducated come from the person's own ignorance and arrogance.

The USMC's core belief is that EVERY Marine is first a rifleman. Even pilots have a stint of being in charge of rifle platoons...

Careers in the Military ::

This is to give pilots a taste of what their ground troops goes through in combat. This also give them an appreciation of what NCOs can do. All this talk about how enlisted are stupid and uneducated come from the person's own ignorance and arrogance.

Ok that statement was a bit crude and I shouldn't have stated it like that, because not all are.

Yeah well tell me why at my college there were many Marines who are getting their degrees after they enlisted and want to be officers?
And how many enlisted do you know joined the US military as enlisted and stayed that way? What is the % of the US Army Special Forces NCOs that have 4-yr college degrees and stayed enlisted?

Why are their many Marines who I met say they have witnessed many ignorant members who would ridicule the Iraqis while they were serving in Iraq?
Since when is ridiculing someone a sign of low intelligence or uneducated? You think US Army/Air Force/Marine officers do not make fun of their Iraqis counterparts? There is an unwritten agreement among USAF Fighter Weapons School instructors to lower their standards whenever a gaggle of MEastern pilots are in their charge. You can imagine their ridicule of these yahoos behind closed doors and after a few beers. :partay:

Why are their many Marines who hated being in the military (they are enlisted).
So what? There are malcontents all over. This proves nothing. What is % of reenlistees compared to these malcontents? To people like you, there must be an impossible set of standards for US while every leeway must be given to everyone else. That actually is more revealing of how other militaries are compared to US, especially the ones from the ME. I will take the ROK Marines, of which I have suffered a couple of Korean winters with them, over any MEastern 'special forces' any day.

You are only defending enlisted position because you were one of them. Don't steer him on the wrong path. You can't make a career being enlisted and you know it. You have limited opportunities and you know it. When you are discharged you have no degree and nothing to back you up to live in the real world and you know it.
And whose fault is that? The service? :rolleyes: The US military have the best educational assistance in the world but there is nothing, not even God, can do when the person is without motivation.

And how many enlisted do you know joined the US military as enlisted and stayed that way? What is the % of the US Army Special Forces NCOs that have 4-yr college degrees and stayed enlisted?

Since when is ridiculing someone a sign of low intelligence or uneducated? You think US Army/Air Force/Marine officers do not make fun of their Iraqis counterparts? There is an unwritten agreement among USAF Fighter Weapons School instructors to lower their standards whenever a gaggle of MEastern pilots are in their charge. You can imagine their ridicule of these yahoos behind closed doors and after a few beers. :partay:

So what? There are malcontents all over. This proves nothing. What is % of reenlistees compared to these malcontents? To people like you, there must be an impossible set of standards for US while every leeway must be given to everyone else. That actually is more revealing of how other militaries are compared to US, especially the ones from the ME. I will take the ROK Marines, of which I have suffered a couple of Korean winters with them, over any MEastern 'special forces' any day.

And whose fault is that? The service? :rolleyes: The US military have the best educational assistance in the world but there is nothing, not even God, can do when the person is without motivation.

Why are you bringing in the Middle Eastern military? :lol: Nobody mentioned anything about them and you are comparing the U.S. military the most powerful military in the world to the worst militaries in the world? Even in your previous post; there is nothing to compare!!:rofl:

Anyways, my view is OCS. You want to have command not to be under command (at least to a point). :cheesy:

Why are you bringing in the Middle Eastern military? :lol: Nobody mentioned anything about them and you are comparing the U.S. military the most powerful military in the world to the worst militaries in the world? Even in your previous post; there is nothing to compare!!:rofl:
Why not? Do YOU have any experience with any military other than from college? :lol:

Anyways, my view is OCS. You want to have command not to be under command (at least to a point). :cheesy:
The only person who is not under any command is the President of the United States, the Commander-in-Chief. Everyone else is always under someone else's command. A Second Lt. is called a 'butter bar' and he is notionally under his chief's command due to his inexperience. The chief is an NCO.

QUOTE=AZADPAKISTAN2009Well your point of view is understandable but the reality is this

a) You won't get any respect in US military

How do you know? Do you have any personal experience with US armed forces. Army life is tough job NOT a walk in park. If one individual can't take mental stress that doesn't mean whole system is at fault.

b) The moment you will speak against the army established hierarchy you will be dismissed non honorable discharge who will give you job with that reference??

well, soldier must respect the system.why you need to speak against established hierarchy?

c) If you will be asked to bomb area you know civilians Muslims will be praying just becasue you have intelligence would you go ahead and kill muslims ?
lame comment, soldier must follow the order from the higher rank.
Are you serious about your comment. why armed forces have ranking system. you don't use your brain but follow the order. there will be some reason the person who gave you order is at that position. could be anything...more experienced, more capable,more intelligent than you.

PUT COUNTRY ABOVE YOUR RELIGION

forget US forces, imagine you are bomber pilot in Pak airforce and you assigned mission to bomb a building in Afghanistan based on ISI/US intel then what will you do? will not bomb the building thinking that muslim women/children could be there or just follow the order. Answer me.

d) When you will have a case when you will spot any illegal activites in US forces you will be at once , court marshalled you should do some research on various muslim chaplins who were let go when they complained of wrong doings

comment could be product of your hatred towards US army, can't comment.

e) You will only be used a marketing tool nothing more ....to please concerned muslim
just to show up smiling at muslim gathering etc as a pupet ...

:lol: DO Indian army have muslims in army for marketing or you guys got SIKH officer for marketing.

Last edited:
Well your point of view is understandable but the reality is this

a) You won't get any respect in US military
The reality is that the US military, like ALL militaries throughout history, want to be feared more than respected.

b) The moment you will speak against the army established hierarchy you will be dismissed non honorable discharge who will give you job with that reference??
Then shut up, serve your term of contract or resign your commission, then speak out.

c) If you will be asked to bomb area you know civilians Muslims will be praying just becasue you have intelligence would you go ahead and kill muslims ?
Then refuse and be man enough to accept the consequences.

I use to think that US forces have some , credibility but in past 10 years that credibility has been shattered to dust ....
Do not care what you think of US. Just fear US. Is that too much to ask?

bee78307c56ce373596e4d2ea5d2e344.jpg

:tup:

OK my advice if you want to make it into a career (military that is) then become an office. if you are going to do it for a while, then you should enlist as a grunt and then go through college with aid money that all GI's get.
P.S does any body know what GI stands for

OK my advice if you want to make it into a career (military that is) then become an office. if you are going to do it for a while, then you should enlist as a grunt and then go through college with aid money that all GI's get.
P.S does any body know what GI stands for

Government Issue

Whats the point then joining if you are going to be enlisted and have limited opportunities. I have met many enlisted Marines who hated it.
You can't make a career if you enlist. Then after you are discharged you have nothing to back you up.

Not true, Veterans are actually given priority in job hiring by many companies. as far as job skills the military has some top class schools. especially in the electronics field. Not to mention school programs that pay you while you go to school when you leave service. The Marine Corp can be a harder life if you are looking at the military as a career. Not to mention it can be harder on families becuase of longer deployment times. But if you are mentally prepared for it. It will be very rewarding.

The Navy has probably about the best electronics schools. If you make it through all your schools you will be in high demand by civilian employers later. If you want to make rank faster then the army is the way to go.

here is a pay scale if you want an idea of what you will make per rank and number of years. The numbers listed is base pay. It does not include other entitlements such as housing, dependents, airborne pay, combat pay, ect. If you are single this is money you can save since most everything else is paid for.

2010 Military Pay Scale Chart - for Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines

dud if any one in america calls u traitor tell them to leave america immediately because if u live in a country (muslim or not) u eat its salt u live of its land and thus it becoms ur home ..its an honour to defend ur home ...those who say otherwise r real traitors to their home...

Yeah well tell me why at my college there were many Marines who are getting their degrees after they enlisted and want to be officers? Why are their many Marines who I met say they have witnessed many ignorant members who would ridicule the Iraqis while they were serving in Iraq? Why are their many Marines who hated being in the military (they are enlisted).

You are only defending enlisted position because you were one of them. Don't steer him on the wrong path. You can't make a career being enlisted and you know it. You have limited opportunities and you know it. When you are discharged you have no degree and nothing to back you up to live in the real world and you know it.

You keep making assertions based on no experience of your own. Gambit has many years of experience and knows what he is talking about. And I can tell you from my own experience. You are flat wrong in your assumptions. The military has some top notch schools. And also offer great education opportunities if you want to pursue a degree while on active duty. The days of low scoring high school dropouts is long over. Right now there is a long line of people waiting to get in the army. As more people try to get in the entrance standards are tightened up even further.

The reality is that the US military, like ALL militaries throughout history, want to be feared more than respected.

Then shut up, serve your term of contract or resign your commission, then speak out.

Then refuse and be man enough to accept the consequences.

Do not care what you think of US. Just fear US. Is that too much to ask?

Just fix your army and provide more support to Muslim candidates , and put a lid on media I am sure alot more Muslims would join

Right now US army - is not one of the most popular places to work :coffee: -

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom