What's new

Muslim joining the US military

Go for it mate. You can only live your own life and do want you think is right.

Diversification among the military can only been seen as a positive. Any yeah you are not alone, there are thousands of Muslims currently happily employed with the US military.

He premediated these killings as he spoke to a radical Imam in Yemen and planned this out for a long time.

The US soliders that killed a family and raped a girl also pre planned their operation and burned the family in end , most of Aby Guraib was also a pre planned - and most of Guatanamobay kidnapping of 500 innocent ppl was also preplaned ...

Talking to Imam is just a story , people call and talk to many ppl on phone so what if you go in mosque and talk to someone that means you suddenly became associated with Al Qaida ...

The point of debate was - here you have a perfect example a ideal person in community snapped - and he got 0% help ... NOTHING....

Mean while these criminals from Iraq killed ppl and they are walking in streets

The US army , did not wanted to acknowledge its problem and investiated the discriminnation against this solider instead they discredited him quickly

And it was expected becasue that is the Military strategy

a) Discredit the Muslim solider
b) Spread lies in news media and rumors
c) Clear up evidence , and transfer soliders around
d) And label the Muslim as Terrorist or Discharge (Dishonorable)

Mean while a guy who flies into IRS building is called angry citizen
or someone who loses his job and he shoots down is managers and burns company ... is angry citizen ...

I just see that the Major was a depressed, and troubled person he needed help he snapped - so that was it ...

But he had to be painted a terrorist

Untill there will be a double standard - muslim youth should instead go to best Universities in USA , and get into US gov directly and make changes in system and help US people and country with out risking their lives :usflag: or help civilian programs in USA... untill USA makes changes the way its army treats muslims, be a policeman, or firefighter or Doctor ~ help ppl in this way- joining US army is too risky

Remember once you sign the dotted line you will get court marshalled if you say no ..
why risk your life for a force that has no strategy to protect muslim soliders from issues of discrimination and abuse

Last edited:
This gentleman deserved some , help by doctors and psychiatrist
Can't blame a guy who was being abused by his superiors for being muslims -

Total BS! He is a traitor pure and simple. If he lives from his wounds he should be found guilty of murder and executed. It's that simple. Muslim based "abuse"?? Come on! That's total BS! He was treated like a minority KING!!

@ AZADPAKISTAN2009

Im not sure where you get your information from and your post is fully of holes.

You say you can forget about being promoted then go on trying to justify why a muslim major killed a bunch of people.
So this muslim major started his military career as a major? BS

So lets take some emotion out and not portray your preconceived paranoid views on other countries or people.

Let me give you one example from the Marines. Colonel Douglas Burpee is a muslim helicopter pilot flying missions in Afghanistan. His call sign is "Hadji'(one who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca), he even wears a passage from the Qur'an on his dog tags.

The US military is a professional military force. I would encourage the poster to email Muslims serving with the US military to get a better perspective.

It seems you believe morality is dependent on what religion you follow.

And he is a the REAL traitor:
323c9fc4400b7d07a9be574f2b47e9ff.jpg
Stop Generalizing on basis of one person. He is a soldier for US who happens to be a Muslim.

Well if a Muslim solider who snaps mentally is a traitor , while other soliders who kill ppl and admit it (or are exposed) walk free ....are called "stressed" soliders ...

Untill there is equality in US forces - its a bit too risky for any Muslim to join the forces

Becasue even if you are in Humvee with 6 other soliders, and for some reason the grenade blows up due to fault or accident , guess what the news will read

"Muslim Solider becomes terrorist and kills others - even if it was accident"

Imagine a US muslim pilot flying C130 , and for some electrical reason the communication goes down and kaboom he hits a civilian structure ?

Guess what the news line will read , "Muslim solider becomes terrorist and rams into civilian structure" ?

And god forbid you talked to your chaplin - oh then you are convicted and hanged already

When you portray a solider who had a mental break down into something sinister - it becomes a problomatic issue

That is the risk

A military recruiter would say yes SIGN the dotted line , I will get my bonus , but I am going to advice the kid the way things are ...

"Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into"

Once you sign the dot you are stuck for 5-10 years

Untill the US military improves its image , and specially while protecting Muslim soliders its too much of a risk -

Last edited:
Let me give you one example from the Marines. Colonel Douglas Burpee is a muslim helicopter pilot flying missions in Afghanistan. His call sign is "Hadji'(one who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca), he even wears a passage from the Qur'an on his dog tags.

To the OP (Thread Starter) being a commissioned officer is the way to go in the USMC or military. I strongly advise you against enlisting. If you work hard enough you would even have the opportunity to fly the F-35B!! Enlisted members have limited opportunities.

F-35B

Fair enough mate, but the poster may not want to be an officer at this stage. It sounds like he wants to be a marine.
Actually after looking at that pic of the F35(to me its looks like a piece of art) maybe he should enlist as an officer.
Whatever this guy decides I wish him all the best.

Plus enlisted members of the USMC and other parts of the military are mostly uneducated and can be ignorant and tough to deal with.
Buddy...That speaks for the enlisted members of the ME militaries. Not US. I was enlisted and I have plenty of experiences in dealing with Saudis, Turks, Egyptians and Kuwaitis. What US military NCOs deals with daily required officers for them.

Stop Generalizing on basis of one person. He is a soldier for US who happens to be a Muslim.

He WAS a soldier for the US until he went on a rampage and killed 13 of his fellow soldiers.

I wasn't generalising on the basis of one person, I was giving the OP an idea of what we would consider a traitor.

Buddy...That speaks for the enlisted members of the ME militaries. Not US. I was enlisted and I have plenty of experiences in dealing with Saudis, Turks, Egyptians and Kuwaitis. What US military NCOs deals with daily required officers for them.

You are minority and you can't deny my statement. He is not going to be around this when he starts off and years on afterwards.

Fair enough mate, but the poster may not want to be an officer at this stage. It sounds like he wants to be a marine.
Actually after looking at that pic of the F35(to me its looks like a piece of art) maybe he should enlist as an officer.
Whatever this guy decides I wish him all the best.

Whats the point then joining if you are going to be enlisted and have limited opportunities. I have met many enlisted Marines who hated it.
You can't make a career if you enlist. Then after you are discharged you have nothing to back you up.

You are minority. He is not going to be around this when he starts off or years afterwards.
Are you speaking from experience? I doubt it. The one thing an American GI, jarhead, squid or airman regardless of class respect the most is straight talk and the enlisted ranks have no patience for rhetoric. If this potential recruit enter the US military with a preconceived notion of the enlisted falsely attributed to them by the likes of you, he is going to have a VERY rough time because of his own arrogance and ignorance.

Whats the point then joining if you are going to be enlisted and have limited opportunities. I have met many enlisted Marines who hated it.
You can't make a career if you enlist. Then after you are discharged you have nothing to back you up.

Whats the point?
This person is trying to live his own life. If he wanted to be an officer his post would have reflected that.
Some people want to be fashion designers some **** stars. Just because his choice of employment isnt your cup of tea doesn't mean it isn't for another person. And just because he enlists doesnt mean he cant apply to be an officer later if HE chooses.

His choice, his life.

Last edited:
Are you speaking from experience? I doubt it. The one thing an American GI, jarhead, squid or airman regardless of class respect the most is straight talk and the enlisted ranks have no patience for rhetoric. If this potential recruit enter the US military with a preconceived notion of the enlisted falsely attributed to them by the likes of you, he is going to have a VERY rough time because of his own arrogance and ignorance.

Yeah well tell me why at my college there were many Marines who are getting their degrees after they enlisted and want to be officers? Why are their many Marines who I met say they have witnessed many ignorant members who would ridicule the Iraqis while they were serving in Iraq? Why are their many Marines who hated being in the military (they are enlisted).

You are only defending enlisted position because you were one of them. Don't steer him on the wrong path. You can't make a career being enlisted and you know it. You have limited opportunities and you know it. When you are discharged you have no degree and nothing to back you up to live in the real world and you know it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom