What's new

More LCA Tejas For The IAF: $5.2 Billion Deal For Mark 1A Variant To Be Signed By December,

The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) chaired by the Prime Minister
reviewed and formally cleared the ₹39,000 crore procurement deal for 83 Tejas Mk.1A, including 73 single-seat fighters and 10 twin-seat trainers, today in New Delhi.

Hello, I am a new member.
Greetings.

The CCS approval was pending for a long time. Very necessary.
Now the ADE can concentrate on freezing the design of the LCA mk2 and thereafter first prototype building.

Hope trolls don't spoil the discussion.

When you will induct 83 Tejas with a rate of 8 per year??? our JFT number 100 inducts more than 16 per year for more than 10 years of production so we will rightly assume the your 83th Tejas will induct after 2035
My thoughts on your question.
The LCA mk1a is a match for your JF17 Block 3.
As Pakistan scales up production of JF17 Block 3,India will also hike production of LCA mk1a. We have already almost readied facilities for producing 16 LCA per year.
The present capacity plus using the Hawk AJT production line (8 + 8).

As Pakistan scales up production of JF17 Block 3,India will also hike production of LCA mk1a. We have already almost readied facilities for producing 16 LCA per year.
The difficulty for production of your Tejas that's its relied too much on foreign tech, (Israeli radars/French and Israeli avionics/US engine/ Israel/French/US/British/Russian weapon) as compare to JFT project which relied mostly on one source (China), lets see how you can mange production of your Tejas

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no such fighter called MK1A it exists on paper only not a single prototype has flown yet ...... if it is approved that means a prototype will be made integration of new systems will take time .... JF17 block 3 made its first flight in Dec 2019 and in Dec 2020 we have officially started production that means it took 1 year to test certify and Integrate weapons.... how long will it take for MK1A remains to be seen although historically tejas is always years behind JF17 so expect half a squadron of MK1A by 2025 if you're lucky... by that time Pakistan will either stop producing JF17 or block 4 will arrive..

Hello, I am a new member.
Greetings.

The CCS approval was pending for a long time. Very necessary.
Now the ADE can concentrate on freezing the design of the LCA mk2 and thereafter first prototype building.

Hope trolls don't spoil the discussion.
Lmao replace trolls with indians as they are the spoilers here 🤣
Mate we have been hearing this for years that india has upped the production speed and capacity but in 2020 number made were 6...
Atleast he spoke truth unlike indian defence geeks saying 100% indian 🤣

This is mark. 1A right?

Its yet to b produced or fly
With this mega breaking you are looking at several years of flight and integration tests... From first flight
It will not require any tests flights as air frame is same as Mk1.
Even AESA radar integration already done on an LSP frame.
Lets wait for the deal to be signed next month.

We have been hearing about such clearances for 20 years Now.
CCS clearance and deal signing are pretty much one and the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom