What's new

More LCA Tejas For The IAF: $5.2 Billion Deal For Mark 1A Variant To Be Signed By December,

Go for the nuke tests
Usa will have no issue with this and neither will Russia of France.

The rest don't count for anything

No body hates LCA
But its as costly as a western plateform and as much as sanctionable..
May be just 10-15 million cheaper than f16 (even though produced locally. A license version of f16/gripen would have cost similar)

Just read Bulgarian purchase of 8 block 70 f16 have cost 1.3 billion
That's $160 million each admittedly includes all.weapons spares infrastructure.

For 63 million each the only cheaper single engine fighter in the world is jf17 thunder
And we are not buying that.

Even the latest j10 must be 60 to 70 million. Each.

I repeat again tejas price is good
Its has Israeli aesa radar and dash 5 elbit hms and usa ge engines.
Amazing light modern full quadruplex digital fbw airframe.
In the light category its perfect for India
This baby will.complememt the su30mki Rafale mig29upg brilliantly

Go for the nuke tests
Usa will have no issue with this and neither will Russia of France.

The rest don't count for anything

u underestimate USA anti India lobby trust me they are as strong as they were in 1998 only thing changed is Trump the guy doesn’t realises strategic implications of Chinese policies in BRI so might be similarly unaware or Indian nuke tests.. But Anti Indian lobby is too strong
did u remember Indian ASAT test NASA Immediately placed sanction on ISRO only the next weak those sanctions were removed...
so same thing can happen coz Pokhran 3 will be 10 times bigger than 2 and 100 times the Asat test

mostly you are right but Indian strategic forces are begging Govt for Pokhran 3 lately... :D
and they have pretty strong reasons from 1998 to 2020 multiple generations of nuke weapons have come and gone and based on old Indian data the simulated tests are no longer feasible... Indian strategic forces needs a dozen or tests to gather data for simulation fir for next two decades and Modi might be thinking to finally give it a go...
Source please

In another news india ordered same number of 22 wheelers

Are they for tejas?

That includes its weapons package as well as aircraft servicing. Also not to mention aircraft is meant for a foreign customer so obviously there is some level of price increase too as we are selling not giving charity. Considering TECHUS was meant for local induction coupled with fairly large number a price tag of 62 million is ridiculous. If you cant even put a leash on the price tag then what is even point of buying a home made fighter. You could have easily bought Grippen or Mig29 in same price tag which are thousand times better aircraft than Junk you made at home. Pakistan built BLK 2 at price of 20-25 Mil a pop with expected price of blk 3 to be around 30-35 Mil.

Honestly this price tag is more daunting than any of the other technological deficiencies of the LCA imo ... with that high of a cost, why not simply buy more Russian fighters, which are far more capable anyways? Unless HAL can substantially increase production, which I think is the only way for the LCA price to go down, I really don't see the LCA being viable.

Price increase is mainly bcz of the fact that India imported all the critical components of TEJA MK1A. I mean they didn't even bother to opt for any sort of TOT to reduce costs if they want to induct the aircraft in large numbers. TEJAS is just being shoved down throat of Indian Airforce to hide the embarrassment of a failed project.

Price increase is mainly bcz of the fact that India imported all the critical components of TEJA MK1A. I mean they didn't even bother to opt for any sort of TOT to reduce costs if they want to induct the aircraft in large numbers. TEJAS is just being shoved down throat of Indian Airforce to hide the embarrassment of a failed project.

All versions of JF17 is much much inferior to even Tejas-1, you have no other option other than JF17 (soft loan) to induct in large number. IAF has no such limitations, that's why Tejas was inducted slowly.
Go and compare composite material used, engine, avionics. You will find out which one is better and which one is embarrassment.

All versions of JF17 is much much inferior to even Tejas-1, you have no other option other than JF17 (soft loan) to induct in large number. IAF has no such limitations, that's why Tejas was inducted slowly.
Go and compare composite material used, engine, avionics. You will find out which one is better and which one is embarrassment.

LoL you wish put a side by side comparison in every aspect and you will find your answer in every aspect. TEJAS was slowly inducted bcz it is nothing but garbage. Indian airforce themselves rejected TEJAS for a very good reason. TEJAS 1A had to undergo major redesigning basically had to build aircraft ground up again to incorporate IFR, Canards, bigger radar and newer engine to compensate for new changes. If you had any other option than tejas then you would have proceeded with 126 MMRA deal rather than buying Rafael off the shelf for nearly 200 million a pop which mind i say is even more expensive than F35. As for thunders there are no soft loans that is a totally moronic statement. Considering we are building 60% aircraft air frame and all of its avionics in house whether under TOT/inhouse development we can achieve lower price and negates the need to spend too much dollars. I know i am wasting my time here but if you want a genuine comparison then stats for both aircraft are available of PDF or even in other re known websites.

I don't know what this shit is comparing aircrafts .
Right now pak jF17 has big lead cause of numbers and experience. Tejas will close this gap within 10-12yrs with mk1a.
But honestly if your aircraft is networked than , more important is how you using your resources than aircraft specs. I mean 10-20% up down doesnt matter a lot.
Thats why su30 is good enough against China cause we have the numbers and experience.
Ofcourse people now going ga ga at Rafael lol, iaf would be laughing reading the threads.
Rafael is for future su30 is for present.

LoL you wish put a side by side comparison in every aspect and you will find your answer in every aspect. TEJAS was slowly inducted bcz it is nothing but garbage. Indian airforce themselves rejected TEJAS for a very good reason. TEJAS 1A had to undergo major redesigning basically had to build aircraft ground up again to incorporate IFR, Canards, bigger radar and newer engine to compensate for new changes. If you had any other option than tejas then you would have proceeded with 126 MMRA deal rather than buying Rafael off the shelf for nearly 200 million a pop which mind i say is even more expensive than F35. As for thunders there are no soft loans that is a totally moronic statement. Considering we are building 60% aircraft air frame and all of its avionics in house whether under TOT/inhouse development we can achieve lower price and negates the need to spend too much dollars. I know i am wasting my time here but if you want a genuine comparison then stats for both aircraft are available of PDF or even in other re known websites.

If Tejas is garbage so I dnt know what JF17 is. With decade old technology used in air frame of JF17 you call it better than Tejas. Well joke is on you.
As I said IAF can reject or slow induct Tejas because they have choice. Can't say same for you. Soft loan was only option for your armed forces and this is why you choose this inferior aircraft.
Yes Tejas is being upgraded cause IAF need a proper jet, you can't even compare your JF17 MK3 with first generation Tejas in terms of Engine, avionics and Air frame.

I'm telling you LCA will be a game changer once mk1 and mk2 are inducted in large number. It will become the basis of our future advanced fighter jets.

If Tejas is garbage so I dnt know what JF17 is. With decade old technology used in air frame of JF17 you call it better than Tejas. Well joke is on you.
As I said IAF can reject or slow induct Tejas because they have choice. Can't say same for you. Soft loan was only option for your armed forces and this is why you choose this inferior aircraft.
Yes Tejas is being upgraded cause IAF need a proper jet, you can't even compare your JF17 MK3 with first generation Tejas in terms of Engine, avionics and Air frame.

Like i said perform a side by side comparison if you are really interested in the truth instead of pulling facts out of your brain farts. I am not saying Thunder is a top of the line jet but it is better than TEJAS in every aspect. No loans were taken bcz no loans were required due to TOT of every critical part except Engine. Pakistan has kept a steady pace of inducting 12-15 aircraft per year meaning we haven't spent more than 350-400 million per year for each batch. You morons seem to forget that our budget is almost 9-10 billion. Every year we spend almost 1-2 billion on procurement so no we didnt need loans. TEJAS is a flop failure of legendary proportions.

Last edited:
Cabinet Committee On Security Clears Purchase Of 83 Tejas Mark-1A Fighters For Indian Air Force
By Swarajya Staff
January 13, 2021 at 4:31 PM

The Cabinet Committee on Security, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has cleared the purchase of 83 Tejas Mark-1A fighters by the Indian Air Force.

Remember my challenge @Yasser76
:azn:

The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) chaired by the Prime Minister
reviewed and formally cleared the ₹39,000 crore procurement deal for 83 Tejas Mk.1A, including 73 single-seat fighters and 10 twin-seat trainers, today in New Delhi.

When you will induct 83 Tejas with a rate of 8 per year??? our JFT number 100 inducts more than 16 per year for more than 10 years of production so we will rightly assume the your 83th Tejas will induct after 2035

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom