What's new

‘Modi will sever J&K from rest of India’

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
A Narendra Modi-led government could “end up severing Jammu and Kashmir from the rest of the country,” Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah warned in an exclusive interview with The Hindu.

Pointing to Mr. Modi’s promise to review Article 370 of the Constitution, Mr. Abdullah argued that repealing the provision “means that the constitutional bridge between Jammu and Kashmir and the Indian Union will be destroyed.”

Mr. Abdullah pointed to the Bharatiya Janata Party’s promise to grant Union Territory status to the Buddhist-majority province of Ladakh, saying “dismembering Jammu and Kashmir will have awful consequences, both for communal peace in the State and for its wider relationship with India.” “I don’t think enough Indians understand just how dangerous this situation is,” Mr. Abdullah observed.

Mr. Abdullah’s increasingly vocal opposition to Mr. Modi could help him shore up the party’s eroding constituency in a State where politicians who have opposed the Central government have often done well.

The National Democratic Alliance government led by Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had dropped references to Article 370 from the basic programme of the coalition, though it figured in the party’s own election manifesto. Mr. Abdullah defended his party’s participation in Mr. Vajpayee’s government, saying “Mr. Modi and Mr. Vajpayee are cut from very different cloth. There is just no comparison. Mr. Modi makes it a habit to trade on half truths and outright lies — he actually blamed my father and grandfather for the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits, when the well-documented historical truth is that the National Conference was being butchered, along with Pandits, by terrorists.” Mr. Vajpayee’s relationship with the National Conference deteriorated slowly from 2002 over the NDA government’s backing of the then Chief Minister, Mufti Mohd Sayeed, who ruled the State from November 2002 to November 2005.

‘Modi will sever J&K from rest of India’ - The Hindu

‘Revoking Article 370 means burning the bridge between J&K and India’

‘Revoking Article 370 means burning the bridge between J&K and India’ - The Hindu

Atleast let the Buddhist live peacefully dumb CM. There is uneven distribution of resources and biggest chunk of it is gobbled up by the valley, hence development of Ladakh region has been inadequate. It will be best for the people of Ladakh if it is made a Union territory since they are no way similar to the other two regions. Infact state of J&k needs to be trifurcated into - UT of Ladakh, state of Jammu and state of Kashmir Valley.

I too wondered about this.

They should be delighted Modi is coming to power. It finally proves the Indian, Hindu-Baniya mentality.

Many of them are delighted.

So am I, though my reasons have nothing to do with religion (I'm an Atheist), and more to do with business and investment.

Many of them are delighted.

So am I, though my reasons have nothing to do with religion (I'm an Atheist), and more to do with business and investment.

Spoken like a true HK Chinese seeking opportunity !
Just to remind you CD, a year back , when I had commented on HK issues, you had pretty much succumbed to saying "stay out of HK matters you Indian St**K" . I would love to return the favor but I will keep my red button on off mode :)

That business and investment = Baniya mentality

conratz , welcome to Indian Baniya family :lol::enjoy:
Hum se bhi bahut baniya hein ye log. Apni behen ko bhi bechne mein ye log maahir hein !

Saala, Modi PM kya bana. Saare Pakistani n Bangladeshi Astrologer ban Gaye. :coffee:
Ha yaar.. phokat mein ek aadmi pe sab log bhavishya-dnyaan shaastri ban gaye. Vaise bhi ye log bade phokatchand hein.

have been hearing quite a a lot about Article 370 thingy.......What is that?

How the f*k they get away giving around such stupid statements?

What will be the next thread on Modi by Munshi ? Modi will close down PDF !!

God..that guy must be seeing Modi even in his dreams!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom