What's new

Modi govt to implement Uniform Civil Code soon?

When a Nanavati commission can come up with a theory and Bannerjee commission can up with almost entirely different...

So it does matter
It is nowhere close to political riots and ultimately decision will be through parliament.

It is nowhere close to political riots and ultimately decision will be through parliament.
But it is very critical and important to Indian populace and any wrong decision on it can trigger something nasty...

So IF and when the Triple Talaq is declared illegal

It will automatically make the Muslim Personal Law as obsolete
Are you aware that many muslim countries have brought changes to these laws. Modifying a law doesn't make the entire set of laws obsolete...

But it is very critical and important to Indian populace and any wrong decision on it can trigger something nasty...
I don't think threats will work, their will always be few ppl who will lose their position ,strength and comfort in popularity but the country has to move forward and this is way provided in the constitution.

Are you aware that many muslim countries have brought changes to laws. Modifying a law doesn't making the entire set of laws obsolete...

The entire SET is Not relevant

That part which throws out the woman on the street in a Minute is relevant

And the BIGGEST surprise is that Muslim countries including Pakistan have
changed such Triple Talaq laws

Does UCC also means abandoning the current reservation system ?

I don't think threats will work, their will always be few ppl who will lose their position ,strength and comfort in popularity but the country has to move forward and this is way provided in the constitution.
I am not sure about what you meant by threats. Indeed country has to move forward but in the right direction...

The entire SET is Not relevant

That part which throws out the woman on the street in a Minute is relevant

And the BIGGEST surprise is that Muslim countries including Pakistan have
changed such Triple Talaq laws
How is it not relevant, you are just amending a law not the entire set... And that amendment is for good.

I am not sure about what you meant by threats. Indeed country has to move forward but in the right direction...
I was referring to "something nasty " ,it was added as a directive principle to move country in the right direction by our founding fathers.

How is it not relevant, you are just amending a law not the entire set... And that amendment is for good.

There has never been any quarrel about The entire Set

Even the current fight in the SC --which has been INITIATED by Muslim Women themselves
is only about Triple Talaq

And the Reality is that Triple Talaq has given a very bad name to The Entire SET of Muslim
personal law

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...d-constitutional-framework/article8788396.ece

This is against secular fabric of India,infact Sharia for all is a better option

There are muslims in all western countries and have no complaints with the uniform law that is applicable to all citizens, including the said muslims.

If it is good for muslims in most democracies, I am sure largest democracy in the world, India, can have uniform law for all citizens.

There are muslims in all western countries and have no complaints with the uniform law that is applicable to all citizens, including the said muslims.

If it is good for muslims in most democracies, I am sure largest democracy in the world, India, can have uniform law for all citizens.
In fact people emigrate to the west precisely to escape the restrictions of religious laws and traditional societies.

When it comes to right to multiple marriage etc they want personal laws but when it comes to criminal cases, they want Indian Penal Code to be implemented. They know pretty well that max to max they will get life imprisonment for murder or some years of jail for theft but if Shariah is implemented they would be stoned to death for adultery and their hands would be cut off for theft.

UCC is a must for the unity and integrity of India. Equal laws for all citizens of India.

Good Move .GoI should UCC at any cost .
Every one ,every Indians should keep their religion on themselves .Noone ,be it Hindu,Muslim,Sikh etc should overpass the rule of the land and constitution .

This is must for the progress of our society .

Back
Top Bottom