What's new

Modi govt to implement Uniform Civil Code soon?

I highly doubt UCC can be implemented, Congress sat on this for a good 60 years, will be quite difficult for this government to do it in this term, should revisit during the next term.

I for one am fed up to the teeth with religious people speaking on behalf of everyone born into their religion. Just because you belong to the same religion does not mean you have the same opinion!

Secular law for everyone is a very good idea. Plus, .it will give relief to those who don't want to live under the religious laws that they were born into by random chance.

Only thing, if the government is serious about this they need to market it to the general Muslim population and get their buy in.there is increasing support among Muslims for UCC.

If the GOI does a half @ss job and try to ram it down without explanation, the religious supremacists and political opportunists (read Congress and allies) will have a field day and that will be the end of UCC for another generation at least.

Response from various religious groups would be interesting who would consider this as interference in their religion. And then there are politicians waiting to incite any religious tension in the county.

This will take 3-4 years, and then to frame laws. Moreover all Muslim orgs other than AIPLMB are supporting it. The main ghouse Muslim groups have is , AIMPLB has highjacked and want to become the sole representative of Muslims which it dont.
South Indian Muslims do not even know what the hell AIMPLB is. Wide consultations must be heard. Musnt let Owaisi and his Congress friends steal the show.

The surprise is INC and CPM have supported it :P I bet Mamata and Amma will lead opposition to this.

I was watching a debate on times Now. In general all were saying that let us have a discussion on the draft of the law. There was just one Muslim who was adamant that muslims should only be under Muslim Personal Law

They keep on saying that Islam should not be painted only on basis of Triple Talaq and then go defend it with all their might. this is hypocrisy of the highest order

I do not see what the problem with a common law is, Goa has had one for over 300 years and there is no problem at all, all of Goa's 25% Christian, 60% Hindu and others live in perfect harmony with it.

with UCC in place, the caste will move out...as every one is equal, that will lead to reservation basis of economic status, as law will not recognize religion or caste...a good step adead in right direction to build a modern india. Time to fix issues that Ambedkar created. On the name of Equality he gave special status to caste and caused all this mess.

I was referring to "something nasty " ,it was added as a directive principle to move country in the right direction by our founding fathers.
Indeed it was but if it is being implemented with an ulterior motive then obviously things will turn nasty. My statement was not meant to be a threat, I am just speaking of a possibility...

There has never been any quarrel about The entire Set

Even the current fight in the SC --which has been INITIATED by Muslim Women themselves
is only about Triple Talaq

And the Reality is that Triple Talaq has given a very bad name to The Entire SET of Muslim
personal law

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...d-constitutional-framework/article8788396.ece
If certain aspects in a set of laws are to be amended, I don't think it invalidates the entire set of laws..

Anyways I guess we are on the same lines..

Last edited:
Modi is no different than Hitlor and Nazi s who put uniform from Gen to civi Dr to postman I think American Rehablitation is not working on this crak head Narender Modi

What is the problem with one community if they can live in Western countries without any condition. Civil code is very essential for India. One country- One Law

I highly doubt UCC can be implemented, Congress sat on this for a good 60 years, will be quite difficult for this government to do it in this term, should revisit during the next term.

Congress sat on it because communal politics was good for them. Promising things to Muslims for the sake of votes. Congress has made a sham of India's secularism and democracy by playing this game.

Congress sat on it because communal politics was good for them. Promising things to Muslims for the sake of votes. Congress has made a sham of India's secularism and democracy by playing this game.
And thus the congress demise. Give it another election cycle and it will be relegated to pages of history for good.

Modi is no different than Hitlor and Nazi s who put uniform from Gen to civi Dr to postman I think American Rehablitation is not working on this crak head Narender Modi
46666665.jpg

World over Generals do wear uniforms, and so do postmen, Doctors - Scrubs or Lab Coats.

And thus the congress demise. Give it another election cycle and it will be relegated to pages of history for good.

46666665.jpg

World over Generals do wear uniforms, and so do postmen, Doctors - Scrubs or Lab Coats.
Lala G i know u mind it but its Nazis slogan they put every body Uniform .

Lala G i know u mind it but its Nazis slogan they put every body Uniform .
Do you even understand the meaning of Uniform Civil Code? it has nothing to do with uniforms worn by Generals or Doctors or Nazis or anybody else. UCC means that all people of India will be governed by the same civil law related to marriage, divorce, inheritance etc irrespective of religion. right now Muslims have their own law, Christians have their, Hindus their etc etc.

The Uniform Civil Code will make all laws religion neutral

Back
Top Bottom