What's new

Mirage 2000 - The Silent Killer

Mirage is a beautiful aircraft by any measure. All generations inclusive. I personally think that the Mirage 2000 purchase was the single best decision made by the IAF.

better than the MKI ?

better than the MKI ?

Yes in many ways. It is cheaper to operate, has better MTBF/MTBO, can have avionics upgrade as good or better than the MKI and once again, higher reliability than any other platform in the IAF inventory.

You have it wrong...sorry!

Egypt has operated 2 generations of Mirages (Mirage IIIs and 2000s).

Secondly, PAF F-7PGs flew against both the Rafales and the Raptors (if you need proof, look up AFM for April 2010).

The picture above shows the following:

A RJAF F-16, UAEAF F-16 blk 60, UAEAF Mirage 2000-9, UAEAF F-16 blk 60, PAF F-7PG.

What i meant was "F22 taking part in Exercise" part is correct.
Regarding Egyptian Mirage2000- My mistake i confused EGYPT with JORDAN.

For Mki vs Mirage

This would help.
http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/comparison-mirage2000-su30-1.html

Rajiv Gandhi wanted Air-force to have follow on order on Mirage and in large nos to locally produce them, having seen problems on Mig29 initially.
But at that same time Russians showcased Su27,Su30 to IAF , and a single flight with this machine decided the fate and future of IAF and Sukhoi corp.
What followed is a history for whole world to see.

Last edited:
What i meant was "F22 taking part in Exercise" part is correct.

No its not. F-7PGs actually flew against the F-22 Raptors in missions (and not just for the photo opportunities). There is actual feedback of F-22 pilot/s stating their experiences flying against the Pakistani side. One other point, this exercise was in the UAE and not Egypt has Gubbi has stated in his earlier posts.

No its not. F-7PGs actually flew against the F-22 Raptors in missions (and not just for the photo opportunities). There is actual feedback of F-22 pilot/s stating their experiences flying against the Pakistani side. One other point, this exercise was in the UAE and not Egypt has Gubbi has stated in his earlier posts.

I meant the same thing- "f22 taking part in the exercise" - this part is correct .
Whats the confusion- F22 flew along F7 - I have said it 3 times in this thread "F22 part is correct"

Its a non-issue since we both are agreeing that they flew together and against each other.

Mean while here is the most beautiful pic ever of M2k
103-YR%20M2000.jpg

This is French AF mirage

any picture of IAF Mirage2000 in different color scheme ?

This is French AF mirage

any picture of IAF Mirage2000 in different color scheme ?

A Mirage 2000H from No.7 Squadron (BattleAxes), sporting a unique light brown/green camo scheme, a departure from the usual blue/light blue tone

Mirage24.jpg

A Mirage 2000H (KF127) from 1 Squadron (Tigers), flies over Gwalior

Mirage7.jpg

Mirage 2000TH KT-201 coming in to land at Gwalior during Exercise Cope India 2004. The aircraft sported a dark green - dark blue color scheme

KT201.jpg

Formation of three Mirage 2000s from Gwalior. The nearest aircraft is KF143 followed by KF144 and KF145

KF143.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everybody

just joined this amazing forum, have been watching this forum for an year now. Great pictures by everybody, i am a novice in jets completely so i have a doubt isn't indian IAF going for MRCA so how can mirage a 4th generation aircraft (correct me if wrong) be better. Just wanted to know from experienced guys:D

@ DARK ANGEL Thnx buddy.

You eased my Job , posting before i could read the posts on this page.

I have always been a fan of the Mirage series. I find them to be amongst the most beautiful aircraft ever. So here is a line-up of the sleek and sexy Mirages, from the 60s to the modern day:

Mirage III

Mirage IV

Mirage V

Mirage F1

Mirage 2000 (I borrowed this pic from Emo's Mirage thread)

Rafale (I consider it in the Mirage line, since it does carry Mirage traits)

Last edited:
What happened to mirage iv ,never seen them with the current version?
even the mirage iii got much popularity.
was double engine a failure?
was it just for bombing role?
or advanced options were available to replace it?
(like precision bombing)
:what:

What happened to mirage iv ,never seen them with the current version?
even the mirage iii got much popularity.
was double engine a failure?
was it just for bombing role?
or advanced options were available to replace it?
(like precision bombing)
:what:

yes, it was designed for bombing and recon role. It was the Armée de l'Air's nuclear delivery platform.

It was never exported, and never saw combat, so is a pretty unknown platform. But it definitely aint a failure.

It was replaced by Mirage2000N

Dassault Mirage IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom