What's new

Mirage 2000 - The Silent Killer

Thnx for correcting ,
I thought it was Rafale's cockpit.
But getting LCD on Mirage would have been nice instead of CRT.

Still best till date i have seen has to be Gripen , stunning

look at the Head Up Display , how much data it can show and its size+quality - simply superb

Are you sure, Mirage-2000/5 will have CRT? What I know CRT takes more space and LCD less, adding to that using LCD wont create any great price escalation!! I doubt the upgrades will have ancient CRTs. The cockpit pic exactly show how the cockpit looks with MFDs. Please check the info and do let me know. Thanks!

Are you sure, Mirage-2000/5 will have CRT? What I know CRT takes more space and LCD less, adding to that using LCD wont create any great price escalation!! I doubt the upgrades will have ancient CRTs. The cockpit pic exactly show how the cockpit looks with MFDs. Please check the info and do let me know. Thanks!

Edit- correction

you are right Parlay - it will have LCDs , my mistake .
Actually i compared it to UAE mirage2000-5 upgrade

Avionics Magazine :: UAE's Modernized Mirage
If you read in the link it mentions CRTs .

This is what i got from Dassault's brochure
5-741575.jpg

Thnx again for pointing mistakes.

LCD costly???:woot::woot: my 22" HP LCD 1080p with HDMI set me back $190.00, a plane worth 50 million$ can have atleast 5 of these LCDs:D:D:D:D

ohh noo lol these LCD's are not your normal LCD's lol they are wayyyyy more expensive, and you cant even watch TV on them :P Price range is in the thousands atleast.

Generation Gap

Vintage Mig21 to right corner

Old F16 A to left corner

Newer Generation Mirage 2000-9 2nd from right

Latest F16 Block 60 3rd from right

233554.jpg

If we fly it, it becomes vintage, but when you fly the same generation, it becomes an amazing F-15 killer...is this how we play the PR game?

:lol:

No , you are partly correct- F7 and F22 part is correct ,
Egypt has never operated Mirages .

For rest- mirage-2000 and F16 block 60 (see the tank changes) are from Emirates

Mean while here is the most beautiful pic ever of M2k
103-YR&

You have it wrong...sorry!

Egypt has operated 2 generations of Mirages (Mirage IIIs and 2000s).

Secondly, PAF F-7PGs flew against both the Rafales and the Raptors (if you need proof, look up AFM for April 2010).

The picture above shows the following:

A RJAF F-16, UAEAF F-16 blk 60, UAEAF Mirage 2000-9, UAEAF F-16 blk 60, PAF F-7PG.

Don't know much about jets but i just love the name Mirage nice name for a Jet.:enjoy::enjoy:

Mirage is a beautiful aircraft by any measure. All generations inclusive. I personally think that the Mirage 2000 purchase was the single best decision made by the IAF.

Back
Top Bottom