What's new

Mirage 2000 - The Silent Killer

No , you are partly correct- F7 and F22 part is correct ,
Egypt has never operated Mirages .

For rest- mirage-2000 and F16 block 60 (see the tank changes) are from Emirates

You are right. I mis ID'ed the roundels. The aircraft are those of UAE Air Force.

A 5 min Paint Job on Blackberry mobile
Hope you enjoy it

4489112960_52b1171259_o.jpg

The first three aircraft are Egyptian Air Force planes. The Mig-21 a.k.a F-7 belongs to Pakistan Air Force. The pic is taken from a recent air exercise where in Egypt where USAF F-22 also took part, though PAF and USAF F-22 didnt actually get to meet! Correct me if I am incorrect.

25135101501557738904516.jpg

India's upgraded Mirage-2000 5's cockpit would look better than this:flame::

:flame:

Unlikely
Reason being - Upgraded M2k wont Have LCD display as in Rafale , they will be CRT (cathode ray tube) display made by SEXTANT india.
LCD are quite costly you know
and in Rafale pic you posted it shows large MFD's , while M2k will have no of small Mfd
Finally HUD of Rafale is from Thales
While HUD for Mirage will be from Thompson(same case with radar also).

Unlikely
Reason being - Upgraded M2k wont Have LCD display as in Rafale , they will be CRT (cathode ray tube) display made by SEXTANT india.
LCD are quite costly you know
and in Rafale pic you posted it shows large MFD's , while M2k will have no of small Mfd
Finally HUD of Rafale is from Thales
While HUD for Mirage will be from Thompson(same case with radar also).

The above pic of the cockpit is not of Rafale but of Mirage-2000/5!

The above pic of the cockpit is not of Rafale but of Mirage-2000/5!

Thnx for correcting ,
I thought it was Rafale's cockpit.
But getting LCD on Mirage would have been nice instead of CRT.

Still best till date i have seen has to be Gripen , stunning

look at the Head Up Display , how much data it can show and its size+quality - simply superb

Thnx for correcting ,
I thought it was Rafale's cockpit.
But getting LCD on Mirage would have been nice instead of CRT.

Still best till date i have seen has to be Gripen , stunning

look at the Head Up Display , how much data it can show and its size+quality - simply superb

Are you sure, Mirage-2000/5 will have CRT? What I know CRT takes more space and LCD less, adding to that using LCD wont create any great price escalation!! I doubt the upgrades will have ancient CRTs. The cockpit pic exactly show how the cockpit looks with MFDs. Please check the info and do let me know. Thanks!

well i suppose India should buy UAE Mirage also. its realy a potent A/C

LCD costly???:woot::woot: my 22" HP LCD 1080p with HDMI set me back $190.00, a plane worth 50 million$ can have atleast 5 of these LCDs:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom