What's new

Minister Asaduzzaman Noor opposes all Indian TV channels in Bangladesh

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Our Dhaka based film industry Dhallywood is not happy with Bollywood and Indian Bangla films in BD theater even though almost all BD films are C grade copy of Indian films. Still protesting against Indian films. If its based on liberation war its okay to dub a bollywood film in Bangla but our super crappy film makers won't let anyone to enter their market but do we make any good movie, TV drama, music, dance shows, any good entertaining programs? The answer is a big NO.

Everything in Bangladesh starts with politics, ends with politics. Not a single TV channel is dedicated only for TV dramas (Natok in Bangla). 90% shows are news shows and talk shows. Only 10% shows are entertainment based. Even for those 10% shows almost every drama sucks to core. No quality, no story, no acting. Only a clown Musharraf Karim. This guy destroyed our TV industry. Time to time Indian company Bharti Airtel makes decent dramas for Bangla audiences but what are we Bangladeshis doing? Nothing to stop Indian dominance in our TV and film industry. Our entertainment industry is absolutely CRAP. I am so jealous of Pakistani TV industry. So beautiful and realistic dramas even though films suck but we Bangladeshis have only India, India and India in TV. Our own channels are all news channels occasionally shows TV dramas. Its all filled with news, news and news.

Our industry is dying or already finished yet we are doing nothing. I am very disappointed. We are going towards a nation without own entertainment showing our own culture. Even Saudi Arabia has entertainment channel but we have nothing but news and political talk shows 24/7. What will we see on TV if BD govt. bans all Indian channels? We also need entertainment. :hitwall:

Noor opposes all Indian channels
Tarek Mahmud, Chittagong
May 7, 2014

This answering the queries of journalists at a press conference at Chittagong Circuit House around 1:30pm

Raising a question on the necessity of Indian television channels Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor yesterday opposed the broadcast of all Indian channels.

The minister and one of the country’s popular cultural personalities said this answering the queries of journalists at a press conference at Chittagong Circuit House around 1:30pm.

The minister said the Indian government is not a hindrance to Bangladeshi TV channels in India but it is India’s cable operators that demand high rate for the broadcast of Bangladeshi channels.

Bangladesh is trying to reduce the rate by holding dialogue with Indian cable operators, he said.

The minister also said cultural activities should be increased to fight against the evil political forces.

“Our government is working in this area.”

Everyone should come forward to contribute to the sector to build a violence-free society, he further said.

Earlier, the cultural minister visited the DC Hill, Shilpakala Academy, Muslim Institute and other cultural venues of the port city. The minister said he would propose the government for a fund in the next national budget to give a facelift to the port city’s cultural venues.

- See more at: Noor opposes all Indian channels | Dhaka Tribune

Last edited:
Everyone should come forward to contribute to the sector to build a violence-free society, he further said.

My best wishes with Bangladesh for this part, may the liberal, cultured, & secular 'Bengalis' win the internal war that is going on in Bangladesh for decades. :)

I am curious, what is the Bangladeshi version of the "Doordarshan" channel. And what local channels do people watch there?

I am curious, what is the Bangladeshi version of the "Doordarshan" channel. And what local channels do people watch there?

BTV is Doordarshan

%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AD%E0%A6%BF.jpg

Last edited:
And what are the popular cable tv channels? Do you guys have dish tv/tata sky?

All Hindi channels, All Indian Bangla channels are open in BD. Nobody watches BD channels in BD. Its not that channels are low quality. We have no option when it comes to entertainment shows. We can't watch news channels all the time.

My best wishes with Bangladesh for this part, may the liberal, cultured, & secular 'Bengalis' win the internal war that is going on in Bangladesh for decades. :)

While the conservative, uncultured and religious reactionaries ascend to power in India. Thanks for the wishes anyway.

unplug all those channels ..as if someone is forcing it to the throat ..

unplug all those channels ..as if someone is forcing it to the throat ..

Its not possible because we have almost ZERO entertainment based shows. 10% is not counted. So Indian TV channels and Indian films are so popular in BD.

Our theaters are also showing Indian films finally. I am excited. I love bollywood even though it sucks. :P

Recently released Indian Bangla film 'Ami Shudhu Cheyechi Tomay' is a blockbuster hit in Bangladesh. :yahoo:

একদিকে অশোক পতি পরিচালিত প্রেমের ছবি আমি শুধু চেয়েছি তোমায় আর যুদ্ধের ছবি যুদ্ধশিশু দুটো বাংলাদেশে ছবি ব্যবসায় তুফান এনেছে৷

- See more at: টলিউডের হাত ধরে বাংলাদেশে উন্মুক্ত ভারতীয় ছবি

Last edited:
@IamBengali I guess যুদ্ধশিশু is the film 'Children of War' in Bengali dubbing, so how is the quality of dubbing, who did the dubbing; Bangladeshi artists or Indian artists? I am asking because a good film can lose its charm because of poor dubbing.

How much business these two films did in Bangladesh?

Back
Top Bottom