What's new

Why is India not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels?

if Bangladesh becoemes the part of India, hazards of foreign countries intervening Trough BD will be nullified. When China occupied Tibet, It was one of the consideration that US may not establish its Base.

We can sign another agreement for that saying BD will not host foriegn military bases on its soil if it wants FTA with India.
USA became the lone superpower of last century, not by annexing but by signing these sort of agreements.

Why do you want add governing BD and resettling its people when BoB comes to claim their land to the list of our problems ?

We can sign another agreement for that saying BD will not host foriegn military bases on its soil if it wants FTA with India.
USA became the lone superpower of last century, not by annexing but by signing these sort of agreements.

For that you need money power like US. So far as offering something to do such agreement, China has much to offer compare to us because of batter economic condition.

For that you need money power like US. So far as offering something to do such agreement, China has much to offer compare to us because of batter economic condition.

China may have money but we have geography.
BD needs us and we need them.Its a win win for both.

Just don't bring merging or anything like that into it.

China may have money but we have geography.
BD needs us and we need them.Its a win win for both.

Just don't bring merging or anything like that into it.

Why do so much against merging?

It seems that you are afraid of the nuisance value coming along with merger.

you are right but than we should have the guts to Handle that.

No I am telling you that nuisance is not worth the benefits.

Why india is so scared of BD channels ?

come on we can understand you are phobic about Pakistan but why NOT BD?

except the hate channels other channels can be aired in india ...govt. should have no problem......
but the thing is who will watch those.....already there is flood of indian channels...
I don't think..BD can survive the market......

Jamaati TV channel Diganta is banned in Bangladesh. There is no hate channel in Bangladesh but one day I saw in Sony TV they made fun of Bangladeshis in comedy circus. Also in Pakistani TV drama Akbari Asghari they made fun of Bangladeshis but in Bangladeshi channel we don't make fun of Indians or Pakistanis.

I did not know that Bangladeshi channels are banned in India.

There is no reason why they should be. The ban should be lifted. At the very least Bangladeshi English channels should be allowed in the first step.

EDIT: Found that BD channels are not banned. Its upto the cable companies to decide whether they wish to beam it or not. That is a private decision taken by private companies. Govt has nothing to do with it.

Why india is so scared of BD channels ?

come on we can understand you are phobic about Pakistan but why NOT BD?
I did not know that Bangladeshi channels are banned in India.

There is no reason why they should be. The ban should be lifted. At the very least Bangladeshi English channels should be allowed in the first step.

EDIT: Found that BD channels are not banned. Its upto the cable companies to decide whether they wish to beam it or not. That is a private decision taken by private companies. Govt has nothing to do with it.

@IamBengali I don't think Bangladeshi channels are banned in India, local cable channels show some of them, one can say that they are not that much popular, probably because we are already full.

There was a reason behind the partition, and the reason is still very relevant, so merger would be a bad idea. We would be happier if we remain separated, but with greater cooperation.

Back
Top Bottom