What's new

Why is India not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels?

Jamaati TV channel Diganta is banned in Bangladesh. There is no hate channel in Bangladesh but one day I saw in Sony TV they made fun of Bangladeshis in comedy circus. Also in Pakistani TV drama Akbari Asghari they made fun of Bangladeshis but in Bangladeshi channel we don't make fun of Indians or Pakistanis.
never take comedy stuff seriously in ur life ...they make fun of every one......
even PM CM. india, pakistan, USA, china, obama. bush.....so, BD is no different.......:tup:

Why india is so scared of BD channels ?

come on we can understand you are phobic about Pakistan but why NOT BD?
yes we are scared...
please save us......mi lady.....

1604411_818217764859454_324153739_n.jpg

Do you ppl know how many channels are available in India ?

Who the f*** has the time to watch channels of any other country ?

I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India
:cheers:
Pakistani shows will create anarchy in Baharotdesh?
chloe-meme-original.jpg

Please go through this document for guidelines on beaming into India.

There are channels which are banned, but, none are Bangladeshi as far as I am aware. Rest can transmit, as long as they follow guidelines as defined in the document.

You can also read the below for summary:
The Lowdown: India’s New Policy Guidelines For Uplinking And Downlinking TV Channels - MediaNama
1. Increase In Net Worth Criteria: Net worth criteria for Uplinking of non-news and current affairs channels and Downlinking of foreign channels has been changed from Rs 1.5 crore to Rs 5 crore for the first channel and Rs 2.5 crores for the channels added later. For uplinking of ‘News and Current Affairs’ channels the net worth has been gone up to Rs 20 crores from Rs 3 crore for the first channel and Rs 5 crorefor the channels added later. The net worth criteria for teleports would remain Rs 3 crores for the first teleport and Rs 1 crore for every additional teleport.

What this means: Higher net-worth requirements mean that more funds will be required to start a TV Channel, which means that more channels may need to raise funds soon. Given the number of channels awaiting approval, this is probably a way to try and ensure that the queue doesn’t get much longer.

2. Operationalizing TV channels within one year from the date of permission: The companies are required to make their TV channels operational within one year from the date of permission. Non-News and current Affairs channels are required to sign a Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG) of Rs.1 crore while News and Current Affairs channels have to give a Performance Bank Guarantee for Rs. 2 crores. In case any company fails to operationalize their channels, the permission will be cancellednad the bank guarantee will be forfeited.

3. Permission Period: The period of permission for uplinking and downlinking of channels will be 10 years.

4. Prior experience in the media industry: The top officials in the applicant company should have a minimum of 3 years of prior experience in a Media company, for both News and Non-News channels.

5. Meger, demerger and Amalgmation: Proposals of merger, demerger and amalgamation will be allowed under the provisions of Companies Act, after obtaining the permissions of the Ministry of Information & Broadcast.

6. Renewal of the permissions: Renewal of the permissions of TV channels will be considered for a period of 10 years on the condition that the channel has not violated the terms and conditions of permission including violations of the Programme and Advertisement Code on 5 occasions or more.

7. Compliance with the rules of foreign countries: The channels operating in India but meant only for foreign viewership should comply with the rules and regulations of the target country for which content is being produced and uplinked.

8. Yearly permission fee for uplinking, downlinking and setting up teleports: A yearly permission fee of Rs 2 lakh for uplinking and downlinking of TV channels and setting up of teleports would levied.The permission fee for downlinking of TV channels uplinked from India would be Rs 5 lakhs per channel per year while fee for downlinking of TV channels uplinked from abroad would be Rs 15 lakhs per channel per year.

I hate Bangladeshi channels. :tdown:
They rarely have any good content.

However one has to watch certain news channels to stay updated on the local news....I have to pay Tk. 200 pm just for that!

But who am I kidding.....the teensy bit of TV I watch ....airtime is hogged by HBO Hits, HBO Defined and Star Premiere HD which rarely air any "Indian" content.:woot:

From a technical POV however...any international channel has to buy broadcast rights pan India.
It doesn't make business sense for a BD channel to telecast any any other region which is not Bengali speaking.
The Englsih BD channel have too much of local content...which wont be appreciated on a pan-India basis.

I hate Bangladeshi channels. :tdown:
They rarely have any good content.

However one has to watch certain news channels to stay updated on the local news....I have to pay Tk. 200 pm just for that!

But who am I kidding.....the teensy bit of TV I watch ....airtime is hogged by HBO Hits, HBO Defined and Star Premiere HD which rarely air any "Indian" content.:woot:

From a technical POV however...any international channel has to buy broadcast rights pan India.
It doesn't make business sense for a BD channel to telecast any any other region which is not Bengali speaking.
The Englsih BD channel have too much of local content...which wont be appreciated on a pan-India basis.
i know you want to see 2-3 affairs, relation with other woman even being married, how to harm own family members, navel dance show :P

Top class channels are unofficially banned in India. :mad:
If its unofficial thn its all bout politics and hegmony of the local operators. Now for the change to happen, it has to happen at govt level but i dont think either govts are interested in this aspect and have other major issues to solve between the 2 countries.

I read somewhere, there are around 400+ news channels are there in India including regional plus National. Another few hundreds are entertainment channels(Local serials, 24x7 movies, music, sports, spiritual etc). Plus, dozens of international English channels. How come BD channels can compete with them in producing different content?

I read somewhere, there are around 400+ news channels are there in India including regional plus National. Another few hundreds are entertainment channels(Local serials, 24x7 movies, music, sports, spiritual etc). Plus, dozens of international English channels. How come BD channels can compete with them in producing different content?

NDTV operates Independent TV in BD. This News Channel is a top class channel along with Shomoy TV. These two news channels can compete any Indian news channels but these are banned in India.

hqdefault.jpg

My favorite is Shomoy TV. Far better than any Indian news channel.

359394102_640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom