What's new

Why is India not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels?

image_9206_0.jpg

Hey, I always post pro-Indian topics but this time I am posting a slightly 'anti-India' topic. 90 to 95% cable TV channels in Bangladesh are all Indian channels including English channels but India is not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels to air in India. Why? Occasionally one or two Bangla channels are aired in India but not on regular basis. I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India but Bangladeshi TV channels don't air hatred filled shows. Most of the shows in Bangladeshi TV channels are news and talk show based. If Bangladeshi channels were shown frequently in India our Indian brothers and sisters will have more idea about what is going on in Bangladesh. Our 'Natoks' (Drama) are far better than those saas bahu serials in Star Plus in content. Please allow our TV channels. We will allow your movies as well. Win win situation.

:cheers:
Well Its more about language barrier than anything else. 95% Indians can understand Bangali(may be we can understand few words but not everything).

Hi guys,

Bangladesh ko merge karo India ke sath. Sara Janzat hi Khatam. After all we were 1 nation 70 years back.

Nahi, Bangladesh will be another burden like UP or Bihar on India.
Just get a FTA.
How they govern themselves or if they have to bow before US/China shouldn't be our problem.

Last edited:
Nahi, Bangladesh will be another burden like UP or Bihar on India.

UP Bihar is certainly not burden. It is because of this bad politician. As Modi said UP main pure desh ka pet bharne ki Takat hai. Up guys are nationalist. I love UP, Bihari guys.

UP Bihar is certainly not burden. It is because of this bad politician. As Modi said UP main pure desh ka pet bharne ki Takat hai. Up guys are nationalist. I love UP, Bihari guys.

Leave aside UP, Bihar.
What can Bangladesh give to us that can not be obtained with bilateral agreements anyways ?

Firstly,its just a matter of cost to the service provider.There are no local and standalone service providers any more.The company will have to spend a good amount of money to subscribe to the channels and provide it to the customers as packages.But then, their profit will be minimal as these channels will be confined to West Bengal only.There are already lot of channels in Bengali.

Secondly, the government does not have any specific ruling to block the BD channels.Now, its up to the marketing capability of the BD channels to sell a product that sounds like a good deal.Perhaps, there has not been much progress in that front.

I
image_9206_0.jpg

Hey, I always post pro-Indian topics but this time I am posting a slightly 'anti-India' topic. 90 to 95% cable TV channels in Bangladesh are all Indian channels including English channels but India is not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels to air in India. Why? Occasionally one or two Bangla channels are aired in India but not on regular basis. I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India but Bangladeshi TV channels don't air hatred filled shows. Most of the shows in Bangladeshi TV channels are news and talk show based. If Bangladeshi channels were shown frequently in India our Indian brothers and sisters will have more idea about what is going on in Bangladesh. Our 'Natoks' (Drama) are far better than those saas bahu serials in Star Plus in content. Please allow our TV channels. We will allow your movies as well. Win win situation.

It isn't a question of BD and Pakistani channels being 'banned'. It's just that the distributors in India would run into losses as they may not be too popular and thus lose out on revenue.

In other words, the revenue model is not conducive for airing content from either BD or Pakistan.

image_9206_0.jpg

I don't think it's anything to do with being anti-BD... but Indians are really spoiled for choice when it comes to TV channels. Also.. BD channels will only have limited scope as far as Indian audience are concerned, it will only be limited to West Bengal & parts of north east.

Lots of Jute/Rice?:-)

A free trade agreement would be much simpler than trying govern to the most densely populated country on earth which btw, is going to sink one day eventually :D

They have same population as Pakistan. Can you believe it ?
No wonder people want to pole vault to India.

A free trade agreement would be much simpler than trying govern to the most densely populated country on earth which btw, is going to sink one day eventually :D

They have same population as Pakistan. Can you believe it ?
No wonder people want to pole vault to India.

PK has 18 crore , BD has 16 crore.
By 2050 BD will have 25 crore and then the population growth will be zero according to a recent report.

Last edited:
Leave aside UP, Bihar.
What can Bangladesh give to us that can not be obtained with bilateral agreements anyways ?

if Bangladesh becoemes the part of India, hazards of foreign countries intervening Trough BD will be nullified. When China occupied Tibet, It was one of the consideration that US may not establish its Base.

Back
Top Bottom