What's new

Why do all Pakistani films suck big time but TV dramas rock?

Amna sheikh's "seedlings" also did pretty good ,made its way to the hollywood red carpet .. And waar ,bol, khuda ka liye ,teray bin laden, blah blah blah. You must be watching punjabi films or Urooj TV ..lol

Bollywood :D:D:D

BOL is good and main hoo shahid afridi is like Chak de india ( similar concept ) :)

Waar did good, you can see that.

I heard its propaganda film. I don't like propaganda film or drama. I like most of Pakistani TV dramas but few days back watched Dastaan. I was disappointed for its propaganda. Apart from that drama show I liked all the TV series I saw.

BOL is good and main hoo shahid afridi is like Chak de india ( similar concept ) :)

Doesnt matter -

Both chak de india and mein hoon shahid afridi are based on cricket - ofcourse the concept is similar
And if we are starting a discussion on who is copying who . Then.... man dont you get me started on bollywood movies ..

Doesnt matter -

Both chak de india and mein hoon shahid afridi are based on cricket - ofcourse the concept is similar
And if we are starting a discussion on who is copying who . Then.... man dont you get me started on bollywood movies ..

TWo points.

1) chak de india is based on hockey not cricket .:cuckoo:

2) i never said lollywood copied it from CDI. i said concept is very much similar. though both are good in their own way.:argh:

I think Pakistan needs a TV and Film institute to boost the dying film industry. I have no hope for Bangladesh film industry. I have not seen a watchable Bangladeshi film in years but I think Lollywood can make it with proper initiatives.

There were some posters here who were connected to the arts scene in Pakistan. I am not, so I don't know the state of institutions or talent in Pakistan.

The most important thing in a south Asian movie is the songs and the visuals. The story is secondary and few people care about the acting per se. In order to have good songs, you need talented composers, lyricists and playback singers, and, with luck, the producer has enough brains to make a lighthearted, romantic "boy meets girl" movie that people will actually see in a family or couple setting.

The basic formula is not that complicated, so perhaps it is the talent that is lacking. However, talented Pakistani singers find work in Bollywood, so it is the other factors which are not being nurtured within Pakistan properly.

Last edited:
TWo points.

1) chak de india is based on hockey not cricket .:cuckoo:

2) i never said lollywood copied it from CDI. i said concept is very much similar. though both are good in their own way.:argh:

Well both are based on sports .. i dont watch indian movies -so who cares.
and you got off topic then ..bollywood movies arent in the questions here

[quote="DESERT FIGHTER, post: 5507071, member: 22700"Reluctant fundamentalist (Hollywood + Pak joint venture),[/quote]

Hollywood & Indian director version of Pakistan. I dont like it when Pakistan is seen from Indian perspective here, good or bad. Pakistan should be its very own. Some work needed by cultural ministry if its not in its deep sleep.

Pakistani dramas of 70s and 80s were even better than today's dramas.

The quality of Pakistani TV dramas are far better than Indian daily soaps but Pakistani films suck big time.

Because Pakistani's are good in dramabaazi but suck when it comes to the real thing ;)

I heard its propaganda film. I don't like propaganda film or drama. I like most of Pakistani TV dramas but few days back watched Dastaan. I was disappointed for its propaganda. Apart from that drama show I liked all the TV series I saw.

Their is a big difference between propaganda and reality,so stop calling dastaan and waar propaganda.

Amna sheikh's "seedlings" also did pretty good ,made its way to the hollywood red carpet .. And waar ,bol, khuda ka liye ,teray bin laden, blah blah blah. You must be watching punjabi films or Urooj TV ..lol

i am big fan of Amna sheikh........She deserve big banner film..good film.....i mean big canvas

I think Pakistan needs a TV and Film institute to boost the dying film industry. I have no hope for Bangladesh film industry. I have not seen a watchable Bangladeshi film in years but I think Lollywood can make it with proper initiatives.

IamBengali, why do not our Bangladeshi brothers and sisters come and help us in improving the film industry.

The art, culture, Adab of Bengal is famous all over South Asia, with talented Bengali performers!

The vulgar word "lollywood" should be changed to something serious, as "Indus"

:rofl:

Lollywood needs to change its name. First of all it just sounds cheap; secondly it suggests that the industry is Lahore or Punjab specific, which it isn't.

I believe a name like "Indus" or "Sindh" is much more serious

The indus is the life line of Pakistan

A bit off topic may be ...

But some of the best plays and most talented actors I have seen I remember :
khwaja and sons
dhoop kinare - wat a fantastic star cast nd story
bakra qishton pe and other bakra series by umer sharif
amanat chand
babbu bral
sohail ahmed
feeqa in america

just to name a few

and for the past few days, i can't let go rahat saab's this song in another touching play : meri zaat zarra-e-benishan

what does the above shows ??

that there is no lack of talent infact some of the legends mentioned above are powerhouse of talent which they r sharing wid the whole world

coming back to topic, wat i believe is dat making movies require a lot more finance, resources like latest tech gadgets for delivering a world class standard movies, assimilating the talent and condense it into a moving picture of around 90-100 min.

what waar showed that it can be done but to be consistent and invite more people to develop the industry depends on many other facors as well viz govt initiatives in terms of providing finance and tax support , importing tech equipments, developing labs etc

having said dat i think pakistan film industry is still vibrant even after having so much of road blocks.

just imagine , what wonders can be achieved if some of the above hindrances can be conqured.

IamBengali, why do not our Bangladeshi brothers and sisters come and help us in improving the film industry.

The art, culture, Adab of Bengal is famous all over South Asia, with talented Bengali performers!

The vulgar word "lollywood" should be changed to something serious, as "Indus"

:rofl:

Lollypop industry thats why Lollywood. :p:

Bengalis are good at artsy type films. We can not make good commercial film. Period.

Pakistani singers are talented. Bengali singers are also talented but we have failed to cater the youth with our music. We are still in Runa Laila and Sabina Yasmin era. When there is any int'l ceremony we find it hard to represent from youth. We get oldies like Runa Laila and Sabina Yasmin.

Back
Top Bottom